PDA

View Full Version : HD+ card activation in a 6800?

Ghostleader
26-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Is it possible to actually activate a HD+ without the supplied CI+ CAM? My mate wants the service but dosnt want to buy a CI+ receiver, he has the latest 700p patch on his non Super Technomate 6800, as far as I know a TM6800 would read the card no probs but with various Google/Forum searchs I havent found anybody saying that they actually activated the card in a Technomate? Anybody here done just that & kept it to themselves?:D Cheers for any help on this.;)

P.S. HD+ cards are in a form of Nagravision, yes?

Giga
27-09-2010, 08:09 AM
If you get HD+ (Germany): you can either have it with
CI+ HD+ CAM your receiver needs to support CI+
CI HD+ CAM for receivers not supporting CI+ (Technomates)
TM-7100 super reads HD+ in card reader, most likely TM-6000 HD Super will do the same
have no confirmation the card updates in the card reader.
I'm not certain you can get a German HD+ card without receiver or HD+ CAM
To play it safe get HD+ card with HD+ CI CAM and not the HD+ card with HD+ CI+ CAM, average 100 €, for card updating entitlements.

General other info other receivers:
Some receivers can upgrade to CI+: you would loose some functionality and control over some features. If upgrading these firmwares it is not certain you can downgrade back to CI

hhatkin
13-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Can you confirm this means that this item, "HD+ 12 month card with CI+ CAM", that I apparently can't link to here, is not suitable for use with Techno 6800?
Thanks.

Giga
14-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Can you confirm this means that this item, "HD+ 12 month card with CI+ CAM", that I apparently can't link to here, is not suitable for use with Techno 6800?
Thanks.
Technomate has CI and not CI+, you need HD+ 12 month card with CI CAM

anttimar
27-12-2011, 03:54 PM
My TM6902 works with Patched software without extra CAM, but occationally the picture gets scrambled and I have to reinsert the HD+ card.
Same with Viasat (NDS) cards.
regards
anttimar
Finland