PDA

View Full Version : How to fine tune a satellite?

oregon
30-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi

I use USALS on my DM but on some feeds, I find I need to fine tune the dish to get the proper signal. But, this does not seem possible if USALS is selected. Is there a way around this?

If I de-select USALS on that particualar sat (12.5W in this case) I cant get a lock on anything, even If I had saved that position using fine tune (when usals was selected in tuner menu).

Can someone please help!

Many thanks

qay_yaqde
30-09-2010, 01:30 PM
trick is:
goto a weak sateleat and there to a weak transponder. then fine tune the settings of where you live so signal strength gets improved.

meaning:
you have not adjusted the antenna 100% correct. therfore you compensate for it with false living location for the usals calcualtion algorithm. of course not working 100% but better then buying equipment to mechanically adjust antenna perfectly....

Giga
30-09-2010, 01:39 PM
check your dish pole alignment plumb 360°
check your location as accurate as possible, drag marker to your dish location, adjust if necessary in your dreambox:

http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html
dish alignment:
with usals select a sat location like 1°W
LNB skew: 0° _|_
slightly loosen dish bolts at pole
move dish slightly to East or West until you get the strongest signal
fix bolts
slightly loosen dish elevation bolts
Up or Down dish until you find strongest signal
fix bolts

check other sat locations using usals, these should be ok
if you now want to adjust a sat location: edit the sat location itself in the receiver from 12.5°W to 12.4°W or to 12.3°W this should give the wanted result.

dxdy
30-09-2010, 01:52 PM
you must setup your dish position manually.... you can use USALS to find sat position but this position never correct and you must manually adjust and save position

1. go to Menu - Setup - Service Searching - Tuner configuration
- in Configuration mode select advanced
- turn off USALS (also in tuner configuration) and for every satellite select which number is Stored position (every satellite must have different number in Stored position... you must for every satellite choose different number)

2. go to Positioner Setup and under Positioner storage select number which you designated in Tuner configuration for every satellite and manually find and store position

crabber
30-09-2010, 03:11 PM
USALs works perfectly if the dish is set correctly in the first place.
it is soooo simple, reset motor by driving to 0, select a weak channel on (say) 1 West, then adjust the motor and dish on the pole for best signal.
If you have done this and the pole is perfectly upright all satellites will work without any problems at all. Tweaking with the remote and storing positions is only necessary if the dish hasn't been set up properly.

dxdy
04-10-2010, 12:12 PM
my motor is set correct... get all satellites with usals between left and right limit but this never 100% correct... stronger signals no problem but many transponders have weak signal and need to manually fixed ( i have signals on this TP but get 10-20% better signal with manually setup) ....

Giga
04-10-2010, 12:39 PM
when you manual adjust, you switch back to diseqc
just change sat location in satellite setup from given to actual possition
example 16°E
split 16°E in to 3 satellites each with the correct transponders.
16.08°E to 16.1° for Eutelsat Sesat
15.97°E to 16.0° for Eurobird 16A
15.84°E to 15.8° for Eutelsat W2M