PDA

View Full Version : sky white card on TM6900

FOX
01-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi,

I am sure that this has been brought up in the past so please don't jump on my throat but I am little bit confused.

My question is what is required to get the Sky white card working i.e. getting the soft cypted channels like Five US, sky sport,etc cleared on TM6900 or any EMU cAM.

Tks

paudie
01-10-2010, 04:34 PM
i was in the same boat as you. go into cas menu press yellow button and enter ser. number

viduka
01-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Which serial number do you mean m8.
Thanks in advance,.

Giga
01-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Which serial number do you mean m8.
Thanks in advance,.
if paired card: sn° of sŁybox (card was activated in box)
if not paired: no sn°, check if entitlements are updated, otherwise needs to be in original sŁybox from time to time.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=118134

FOX
01-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks Guys. This is a card I just got from an auction site. It has an 8 digit serial number and not ten which I did enter in the NDSKEY edit section and left the last two as FF. I am using 7.26p version. I am afraid no success!!!!!! so far. What I need to do?

Tks

Giga
02-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Thanks Guys. This is a card I just got from an auction site. It has an 8 digit serial number and not ten which I did enter in the NDSKEY edit section and left the last two as FF. I am using 7.26p version. I am afraid no success!!!!!! so far. What I need to do?

Tks
card serial is no good, if card was inactive over 4 weeks its probably deactivated? If you know someone with original sŁybox, perhaps you can reactivate by leaving it some days in that receiver on sky3 channel? Can't confirm this, still waiting for an original box. Same situation here m8, no entitlements showing.
in card menu only showing card serial: no entitlements
If white card is Irish (not N. Ireland) big problem: these don't have SŁy Freesat

FOX
02-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks Giga,The cards was posted to me from England so Iguess this is UK one. So may be I need a S.y box at the end

Giga
02-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks Giga,The cards was posted to me from England so Iguess this is UK one. So may be I need a S.y box at the end
will let you know, If I get the box here, maybe this year?

FOX
05-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Before I go and buy a new box. Will any sky box able to activate the card? anything else required?

Giga
05-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Before I go and buy a new box. Will any sky box able to activate the card? anything else required?
don't have a clue on this? could be you need to purchase new Freesat viewing card if these are now paired to the box and if these require activation on UK address.
Hope some members can clarify this?

KES
05-10-2010, 12:40 PM
i could be wrong, but believe the card you have will need to be activated by the original customer and in the box originally activated with.

regards
kes
:applause-003:

tony52
05-10-2010, 01:24 PM

as fare as i know you need the same card that come with original box.

thijs
06-10-2010, 12:20 PM
if its a white Sly freesat card it will activate in any sly box works for me anyway

holmroad
06-10-2010, 12:55 PM
if its a white Sly freesat card it will activate in any sly box works for me anyway

Yes, but mega limited in how many channels will open with it!:respect-055:

thijs
06-10-2010, 03:11 PM
only
channel 4 HD
channel FIVE HD
FIVER
FIVE USA
FIVE
Sky 3
Viva
And a few other channels

tigertimtim
06-10-2010, 03:47 PM
dam my white card i had in my technomate for ch4 hd and the five channals as stopped working in my tm;[
also it now wont work in my sky box either its showing a message
"this is the wrong card for this set top box"
was working ok before ?

fred fickle
06-10-2010, 08:56 PM
dam my white card i had in my technomate for ch4 hd and the five channals as stopped working in my tm;[
also it now wont work in my sky box either its showing a message
"this is the wrong card for this set top box"
was working ok before ?

Tim that message is normal just leave it on sky news 501 I think it is in standby mode it should update in a day or 2.

Mine does not update in the techno either you have to put it in any sly digibox to update from time to time usually monthly then it will come back on. Five HD on it now too.

tigertimtim
06-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Tim that message is normal just leave it on sky news 501 I think it is in standby mode it should update in a day or 2.

Mine does not update in the techno either you have to put it in any sly digibox to update from time to time usually monthly then it will come back on. Five HD on it now too.

yeah was c5 hd i wanted for when the new series of mentalist starts in a week or so;]

thijs
07-10-2010, 12:33 AM
best to leave it on a channel that its ment for like Sky 3 updates faster

fred fickle
07-10-2010, 11:53 AM
best to leave it on a channel that its ment for like Sky 3 updates faster

Not really as a FTA channel updates quicker mate hence Sly news.

holmroad
07-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Not really as a FTA channel updates quicker mate hence Sly news.

Strange eh, logically it should have to update on an encrypted channel first - as it doesn't have to at all on an FTA UN-encrypted channel anyway!:bravo-009:

FOX
09-10-2010, 09:12 AM
having starting this thread, I like to say thanks for the various comments. It does seem that I do require a Sky box to update the card. Tks

descati
16-10-2010, 04:55 PM
if you have dificulties to reactivate a S.card in a s.box it culd help to switch of automatic standby and leave it on for 24 or 48 hours