PDA

View Full Version : Biss keys for North America

kebien
01-10-2010, 07:44 PM
There is a tendency now for those members of Americans forums to pursue the finding of Biss keys in domestic feeds that is increasing.
The situations is quite different than Europe,so European members that want to reply,keep in mind this thread is not for you,unless you want to participate. (read below)
The problem of encryption arise from the fact the once-fta feeds posted publicly are exploited by members that have invested interests in them (restaurant owners,cable providers in other regions of the continent,hotels owners,people that supposedly have to pay royalties to show this feeds in public places,satellite receiver dealers).
By using this free an public information,they insert the prohibited feeds in their cable lineups,cover charge in their restaurants and sports clubs,and so on.
I'm not a judge here,just explaining the facts,I'm not against this in any form,if they want to be sued,let's be it.
Some American forums are not acknowledging they are in part responsible for the situation and under the pretext of "feeling empowered to post anything they find",ban members for telling them otherwise (or removing any posting privileges,like in my case),and they are free to do so,but then do not cry because they are encrypting the feeds,is in the broadcaster's rights.
The real fact is most of their members are this restaurant owners,cable operators and hotel owners,and satellite receivers dealers that for years advocate for free posting of feeds (of course,how could they make business if they get no help from real hobbyists that find the feeds for them),and most of this members still send me PM about information about those Biss keys and how to find them.
Although,some members are real hobbyists with respect to the sat community.

So,now,I'd like to open the season to get this keys in a public manner.
As some (for not say many of them) of this members asked about how to obtain them,I propose a project of distributed searching.
The project consist on finding a key that is 8 bytes long (actually 6 bytes of key,2 bytes checksum) using public tolls already made for that purpose.
This work cannot be done alone,unless you dedicate a fast pc with supported video card,for 70 days running 24/7 to find the key.
Distributed search allow for many people to search for a single key,where each commit themselves to look into a portion of the complete range/********,reporting daily about their progress.
If you feel you want to give it a try,reply to this thread and we will find a way to distribute the tools and files needed to start the project.
The results will only be shared within the committed members of the project.(Europeans might not like this,but is the only way to maintain providers from changing keys)
There will be a direction,and a director/manager to handle the distribution and the members,so,please remember the collaboration is welcomed,the intrusion is not.
Feel free to reply or send a PM (it looks like this is preferred),even those European members that like to participate for their own reasons.(tools,extra pc's,the thrill,or any other reason)
Also keep in mind to find a key might take some months,some will not take time at all.

Those members of this American forum trying to justify themselves for this situation are not really welcomed to reply.
This is a free forum too, where people cannot be banned for speaking the truth (of course,this people have been severely blasted for what they are doing in many important forums over the years,easy to find in a search,is nothing new,the problem is they preach they are not any of this)

jteal
03-10-2010, 03:18 AM
Hi Kebien,

Great to hear your initiative, count on me to find these hex keys. I can get a quad core PC to get this started if you'd like.

Keep us posted.

thanks,

8hush2
04-10-2010, 11:58 PM
im in...

8hush2
11-10-2010, 05:09 AM
so is the idea that a provider uses the same BISS key for several events? Because then a ts capture of the feed will yeild a cw and we can use it for future feeds, but if they change up the BISS key for every uplink we would need a ton computers to brute force it in time to catch the end of the game.

Anyone have a TS capture?

kebien
11-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Take it easy,no project can starts like this,when everyone do things on their own without any order.
You have to follow to reach the preset goal,or you are really on your own.
If you feel you can do it alone,please do so.
Otherwise have to wait until everything and everybody is ready.
In my view,MLB is a waste of time,since it ends in 2 or 3 weeks (but could be good to save some file for later search),MNF is another story.
And this two are not the only ones out there,so the project might not start with those.
And considering broadcasters read this forums,you better not tell them what you are doing.And you already alerted them of your intentions.
Maybe the best thing to do is to distribute a file nobody knows where it came from? to avoid the broadcasters spoiling the party by changing the key for the next event?
There has to be thought out well enough to be useful.

And to answer the question about if they use the same key for many events or they change,how would you know if you don't find at least one working key FIRST?
The project is not about guessing.

There has to be a direction to follow,and you have to be willing to follow.
Otherwise you will end up searching for months with your 3 or 4 friends that will get bored in 2 weeks and quit.
This is what usually happens.
Most people have the initiative,but lack the patience.

ssib
11-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Very interested, tell me more

8hush2
12-10-2010, 12:38 AM
The project is not about guessing.

then how is it being done

sat2010
12-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Sounds interesting.

ssib
12-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Kebein do you have a list of supported cards for this project? May have to buy a early christmas present

kebien
12-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Do not need a card,particularly.
Only need to run a program.
But if you will upgrade the video card anyway,the suggestion is to get one that support CUDA.
The program take advantage of the card's hardware to offload the pc's cpu.

ssib
13-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Kebein have you started this project yet? Would like to help!

kebien
13-10-2010, 11:42 PM
No,has not started yet,will compile the necessary files in few days and will deliver them by PM.

ssib
18-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Kebien have you sent out files yet? cant wait to get started

Smudger
18-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi guy's is this thread in the correct forum?

Any chance on getting it moved to the correct one.

I'm guessing it is this one

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=234

kebien
19-10-2010, 06:04 AM
I will post a link in that section.

But the reason it started here is because azbox users in america tend to check out this section rather than the biss keys section.

gregom
24-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Kebien,

You can count on me for this project!

kebien
24-10-2010, 08:58 PM
It will start this following week.
Remember the privacy factor: all those willing to participate must also consider this as a private project that will benefit only those participating.

heads_up
25-10-2010, 11:03 PM
thanks for putting this together
send me the info
thanks alot

ssib
27-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Kebien have the files been sent? I'm like a kid who cant wait to open a christmas present:001_302:

barret
27-10-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm game lets give it a try. I'd like to see this work.

stoker_x1
02-11-2010, 03:24 AM
I would love to help!

I am a coder and have lots of time to spend on a project like this.

Count me in...

sat2010
06-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Any updates yet? Thx.

stoker_x1
06-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Is this project going to fly?

ssib
07-11-2010, 04:27 AM
Is this project going to fly?

I sure hope so:angelsad2:

kebien
07-11-2010, 11:33 PM
It will,just a matter of couple more days.
If you look at the sky now,there are not many permanent feeds to try on.
Suggestions are welcomed.

sat2010
09-11-2010, 07:48 PM
A thought would be to try on some backhauls. The hope would be that the provider wouldn't change their keys too often that maybe one would be good for the whole sports season for that provider. Such as MNF, ATP Tennis.

stoker_x1
13-11-2010, 07:42 PM
I check this thread daily. When everything is set to go,

please tell me what I can do to help.

Regarding your question of permanent feeds:

Intelsat 805.....(3879 H 5860 3/4 DVB-S BISS & MPEG4 BISS 2 Channels)
(4084 H 10318 DVB-S BISS 4 Channels

Don't know how much this will help. I know most sports channels for the N(X)A are BISS. The problem there is that most of us don't have TP or SAT info until mid way through the game and sometimes never get it.

Intelsat 805 may be out of reach for most people even though I tune it in with high quality on my primary 10'dish. Also, not sure the information we need would be the same for the more western Sats.

On the other hand, there are a few games during the week that are posted early and maybe we could share those TP's and Sats on an email list as soon as they are available.

Hope this helps.

biss_whisperer
15-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Suggestions are welcomed.
Been running this app alone for some time now with multiple PC's on the file I posted in the other thread.

These guys have some good ideas for organized attack. (post #14)
http://www.sat-television.com/showthread.php/142716-Be-on-team-to-find-biss-keys/page2

Also for everyone else running multi-core cpu's check out post #23 here http://www.sat-television.com/showthread.php/144945-MultiChoice-Africa-68E-BISS/page3

Does anyone have a list attack test file?

I can contribute 7 computers to the project. (4 with multi-core cpus)

What is your coding experience stoker_x1?
CudaBISS only supports latest gen gpu's. There has to be a way to get the other Cuda based gpu's supported.

stoker_x1
15-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Started with a TRS-80 radio shack computers many years ago with DOS. Worked as an instructor teaching DOS for a small College.

Now days, I spend most of my time working with the JAVA platform C, and C++. Most of the work I do is for Internet Web design. I have experience with other platforms too.

I don't know much about BISS nor do I know How I can Help. All I do know is that I would like to help.

Bought my first 10' footer just three years ago and now have three BUD's in my back yard. I love sports and some of my favorite sports are BISS protected. I hate how corporations have taken American sports away from us. Football has been around for over 100 years and free owned by those who love the game, but today it has become a property owned by a hand full of greedy people. America's game doesn't belong to Americans anymore. NBA and college sports, maybe all sports will soon be greedy pay sports and we just let a few people control what was once our sports. Its not right and congress made it happen.

I shouldn't start this, as it always ruins my day when I think about it. Anyway I do want to help.

biss_whisperer
15-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I don't know much about BISS nor do I know How I can Help.

These will get you up to par on BISS
_http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=91072
_http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=63795

This will explain the three different BISS bruteforcers (CWFinder, DCWBruteforce, and CudaBISS)
_http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=29164

All I do know is that I would like to help.
Get in contact with Beoone @ DVBN. He developed CudaBISS. It was shared to some linux guys to port, but it never happened. Maybe he will share his source and you could get it going on all Cuda enabled GPU's. That would change the landscape of BISS bruteforce. Beoone is a self-admitted beginner in coding so it may be a cake walk for you.

johnd508
23-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Hey Kebien, can you drop me a pm? I cannot pm you because I do not have enough posts.

8hush2
11-02-2011, 05:42 AM
I have two CudaBISS cards running... anyone working as a group?
pm me or reply

sat2010
13-02-2011, 03:01 AM
Has this project ever taken off? Haven't seen anything to indicate that.

kebien
20-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Has this project ever taken off? Haven't seen anything to indicate that.

Forum had some problems and this project would have just been another weight for them.
You guys can PM me and each other to start something privately.

As for distribution of searching ranges this are the basics :
the full range is 000000000000 to FFFFFFFFFFFF
if you assign ranges in this way : 010000000000 to 020000000000 to each person,you need 256 searches to cover the full range.
If you assign 000100000000 to 000200000000 to each person,you need 256 x 256 searches to cover the whole range.

But depending on what users have and some coordination,searches can be made simpler for those with low speed and bigger ranges for those with cudabiss.
Sp,please PM me and each other to find out some common grounds to work on.

3tv
20-02-2011, 02:12 PM
if you assign ranges in this way : 010000000000 to 020000000000 to each person,you need 256 searches to cover the full range.

how long would it take to search that range on your average PC?

2-3ghz dual core, quad core, i5, i7?

kebien
20-02-2011, 03:33 PM
With so many variables you posted and regarding programs you can use,how could you know?
It will change with every setup.
The only thing you should be worry is to maximize the search speed on your pc.
This you can do by using cudabiss and by using selected video cards.

3tv
20-02-2011, 07:28 PM
With so many variables you posted and regarding programs you can use,how could you know?
It will change with every setup.
The only thing you should be worry is to maximize the search speed on your pc.
This you can do by using cudabiss and by using selected video cards.

you should have a ruff idea best/worst case senarios

1 week? 2 weeks? 1 month?

kebien
20-02-2011, 08:00 PM
What you have to do is to grab the programs and try to run them,they will tell you how long it will take to complete the full range.
But you have the idea :
If you take 1 month to do the range,multiply by 256 and you'll get the total time it will take.
If you take a week,then will be 256 weeks.
A prepared pc running cudabiss and 4 video cards can do the full range in a month or so.Two of them do it in half that time.
Is all about to use the specific hardware for the job.
In fact,is all about YOU and how much your head is into this project.

3tv
22-02-2011, 05:18 PM
What you have to do is to grab the programs and try to run them,they will tell you how long it will take to complete the full range.
But you have the idea :
If you take 1 month to do the range,multiply by 256 and you'll get the total time it will take.
If you take a week,then will be 256 weeks.
A prepared pc running cudabiss and 4 video cards can do the full range in a month or so.Two of them do it in half that time.
Is all about to use the specific hardware for the job.
In fact,is all about YOU and how much your head is into this project.

thats sweet, i was expecting alot longer. any news on cudabiss for other cuda cards apart from the 3 listed in the nfo

kebien
22-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Supported cards are
GTX 260/275/280/295/460/470/480/560/570/580
Older cards with cuda support should work with older cudabiss version,but those will be really slow and impractical.

sat2010
25-02-2011, 05:44 PM
What plugins are required for Biss on the AZBox. I have the Biss plugin that looks to just manage keys, but is there a CAM needed to actually do the work or does the Biss plugin do both? Thanks.

kebien
25-02-2011, 08:14 PM
That's the only thing you need.
It actually is a CAM.

sat2010
25-02-2011, 11:46 PM
It actually is a CAM.

Thanks. That is what I was hoping.

sat2010
26-02-2011, 10:11 PM
kebien, can you PM me? Don't have enough posts to PM. I'm guessing I should be able to reply to a PM.

kebien
27-02-2011, 12:45 AM
PM sent

sat2010
27-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Nope, can't reply to PMs. Need 15 posts.

sat2010
27-02-2011, 02:42 AM
It actually is a CAM.

Thanks plugin works very nice. Although accessing it sometimes just opens up a blank screen.

johnd508
23-03-2011, 06:00 AM
I've noticed the BISS plugin brings up a black screen unless you reboot the receiver. Only fix was use old firmware, which is what I am doing for now anyway.

sat2010
25-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm guessing the file gets locked/in use and can't open it to the screen. That is why it is blank. A reboot always fixes it.

gregom
01-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I've noticed the BISS plugin brings up a black screen unless you reboot the receiver. Only fix was use old firmware, which is what I am doing for now anyway.

Hi John,

Which firmware are you using?

thanks,

gregom
04-04-2011, 12:51 AM
I've tried just about everything on the AZbox. I can manage to get some Biss to work and orders still appears "Scramble"...

I gave up on trying and now I simply use the PC where I can now view all channels that the AZ was not opening.

sat2010
07-04-2011, 02:24 AM
Noticed various issues with the plug-in on the AZBox.

It does seem to corrupt the conf file regularly, even with a clean reload of the OS and formatted app area.

Also it doesn't seem to work when you have two entries with the same SID and PMT. Seems like it just looks at the first one and not the second.

Finally, you sometimes have to power off the device and power on instead of just a reboot to get it to work. You should try that if you think the plugin should work and doesn't.