PDA

View Full Version : Help/advice needed on setup of Sat system & Dreambox 800

MushroomMagic
02-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi, right, okay, before I start I'll freely admit I'm a novice at this sat stuff, anyway I've just turned on my Dreambox 800Hd Pvr (it's a clone BTW) and Enigma2 seems to be taking forever to load, or rather isn't, or rather it has loaded up but the Enigma2 loading bar in the bottom left corner doesn't go away. The Gemini project II screen comes up no problem, Ccam 2.1.4 loads up no problem, then it says tune failed on the pre-installed bouquet(?) channels on 19.2oE. But I can still navigate to all other options using the menu, colour and arrow buttons and I can scan for sats but I am getting no signal on any of them. It says on the install CD that after Enigma2 finishes loading that the setup wiz should start, but it doesn't get that far.

I reckon I've got the dish aligned properly, I can certainly move it using the box. Do I need a new image? Or is something wrong with the box itself?

I've got a 1m Gibertini, with stab rotor hh120 motor and a quad LNB 0.3.

I don't have my normal internet access at the minute (i'm using a wireless hotspot at great cost. BT=****houses) and won't until October 8th (so no cardsharing until then), isthe box not being hooked up to my PC upon installation the problem?

Go easy on me fellas. :D Any help would be much appreciated.

apriliarsvr
02-10-2010, 06:01 PM
hi m8 :respect-055:

check out the stickys section at the top of the page.... all your info is there :respect-040: :respect-050:

oh and some of the genuine db software duznt suit clone boxes..!!!

MushroomMagic
02-10-2010, 06:10 PM
hi m8 :respect-055:

check out the stickys section at the top of the page.... all your info is there :respect-040: :respect-050:

oh and some of the genuine db software duznt suit clone boxes..!!!

Thanks for replying and for the advice.

Right, so I need a clone image most likely, which means I need to wait a week till I get my net sorted properly.