PDA

View Full Version : 6900HD stability

Captain Jack
06-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi guys,

I am thinking of replacing my DM800 box with a TM6900HD combo super duper plus. As good as the DM800 is, it can sometimes be a little slow during menu navigation and the remote control isn't as responsive as I'd like it to be. I have to sometimes press a button a few times before DM responds. However, it's brilliant with CS in CCcam.

One thing that is obviously different in 6900HD is that it's not a Linux based receiver, which can sometimes make set ups of CS (for example) a little tedious. Another thing that I am worried about is the general stability of CCcam in 6900HD.

I have tried the AZBox in the past and, while it was a solid1y built box, the CS was quite unstable and the menu navigation was very slow.

How does TM6900HD compare? Is CCcam stable (as stable as DB)? Is it a proper CCcam client or an implementation of CCcam protocol?

joany
06-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Hi guys,

I am thinking of replacing my DM800 box with a TM6900HD combo super duper plus. As good as the DM800 is, it can sometimes be a little slow during menu navigation and the remote control isn't as responsive as I'd like it to be. I have to sometimes press a button a few times before DM responds. However, it's brilliant with CS in CCcam.

One thing that is obviously different in 6900HD is that it's not a Linux based receiver, which can sometimes make set ups of CS (for example) a little tedious. Another thing that I am worried about is the general stability of CCcam in 6900HD.

I have tried the AZBox in the past and, while it was a solid1y built box, the CS was quite unstable and the menu navigation was very slow.

How does TM6900HD compare? Is CCcam stable (as stable as DB)? Is it a proper CCcam client or an implementation of CCcam protocol?

I have never had any other stb than a tm6900hd super and I recently ventured into cs. The box itself has cracking functionality with stunning picture quality at sd and hd (sd is upscaled to look like hd).
I initially tried 2-3 cs payserver and there was quite a lot of glitching. I have now found a payserver which has only a small amount of glitching and a wealth of channels. I do have a poor internet connection so maybe some of the glitching I do see is caused by this (I know its bad because I keeping losing connectivity to the laptop.

I can thoroughly recommend this box with cs.

Although have you considered selling your soul instead?

Giga
06-10-2010, 05:11 PM
cccam client only version:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=137275
c s client:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114462
IP address assignment:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=134066

cccam server sometimes picky, if your on local server should be no problem.
if you have responses over 700 ms could be tricky?

think you could currently check these on your current DM800 if listening port is enabled on your cccam:
dm-800 ip address:16001 if this listening port is enabled.

If you have the chance to test drive before you buy

Captain Jack
06-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks for that. CS cards are not local - most are remote. However, most do work perfectly fine without glitches.

What about menu speed and remote control range/responsiveness? Quick, slow?

fred fickle
06-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks for that. CS cards are not local - most are remote. However, most do work perfectly fine without glitches.

I don't have the super model (waiting for the DVB-T2 model to come out) but the basics are great fast menu fast saving of channels and favourites excellent searching and the pic aint half bad either!!

Recording is good also on a stick 8gb I have used or a external 500gb but difficult to edit as you have to download to a PC and the media they use .trp hd is not very user friendly.I use a diablo wi-fi for homeshare and no probs on a good server.

also on mine if you are recording and watching a file at the same time the unit shuts down when recording is finished and you have to find where you were on the film again a little irritating.

I think the later model is it a 7100?:) has the drive built-in but it is expensive atm and with the new DVB-T HD needed shortly for full hd on terrestrial it may be prudent to wait until the new models come out.

Giga
07-10-2010, 09:36 AM

remote infrared, 3 meter under 45° Angle no problems in direct line of sight. Some reported issues under certain lightning conditions (interference with Infra Red signal), switching channels is quick and clearing to, with multi feed setup.
Still try C S on that receiver before you buy. Bulsat (SR 30000) and Kabel Deutschland 23.5°E (dvb-s2) give noticeable very short freeze in sound and video.