PDA

View Full Version : 3 East(feeds) - chat and questions

roofer32
10-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Seeing as our non-friends have started using this satellite for the use of feeds, I have tried to lock on and have failed miserably. I know it is in inclined orbit and i can compensate for that with my fished dish at the front of my house. I have the quali-tv reciever and after watching football feeds.

Ok some questions.

1) Is there a constant signal to lock onto?
2) Does it change its position depending what time of day?
3) how strong should it be in the north-west on an 80cm dish and what is your reception strength like?
4) Do you have to tilt the dish up or down?
5) Will an 80cm dish surfise?

Thanks and i hope some can help me put this to bed. Any addtional info is also welcomed.

ian
10-10-2010, 01:39 PM
cant tell you if there is a constant signal to lock onto on this bird but when a sat is in inclined orbit it moves in a figure of 8 so to track it you have to move both east and west as well as north and south during different times of the day.Ian.

Burnham
10-10-2010, 07:16 PM
The site I use to track inclined orbit satellites is ny2o. This will show you the elevation and direction of each satellite in real time.

You will see that Astra 1C (if that's the satellite you want) is moving a lot up and down through every 24 hours but does not move much from it's position of 2°w.

So don't worry about the east/west movement but you will have to do a bit of maths to work out how much to raise of lower your dish at any particular time.