PDA

View Full Version : JTAG - anyone get it to work fully? (technical discussion)

happyhammer
16-10-2010, 06:54 PM
i have an elite box stuck in booting. Unfortunately, only the serial port's TX (from the box to pC) works so i cant break into the YAMON prompt. The boot sequence stops at this point:

tango2_enet: ethernet driver for SMP863x internal mac

So i am trying to recover box using the JTAG interface. I followed the details in other posts/sites about flashing NOR on a premuim(make parallel cable, use openocd), but i only got to the point where the on-chip debugger cant HALT the processor. Other users that had reached the same response were unable to solve (hanswurscht is one user from here). Also, the original author of that doc said procedure only worked on Premium, nor Elite. I Dont kniow why.

So, i would like to know has anyone here managed to use the JTAG interace and are there any other users who would like to contribute ideas to this thread in trying to get it to work?.

andressis2k
24-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I think will be easier to reflash it with willem or compatible programmer

Regards

happyhammer
26-10-2010, 11:46 AM
thx, but i would be unable to remove flash chip and solder it back in again. So i need a JTAG solution.

happyhammer
26-11-2010, 10:21 AM
well i've reached a brick wall trying to get the JTAG to work on my Elite. I tried with unbuffered DLC-5 type and buffered Wiggler clone type cable configurations.

several programs such as OCD Commander, H-JTAG, TOPJTAG,URJTAG, EJTAG Tiny Tools, dont even see the Jtag connection

Some variations of hairydairymaids program: wrg54g_o, TJTAG, brjtag etc can get to recognise the chip ID, but cant do anything else.

Even with Openocd, you think its working in that you get the chip id and it allows to enter some commands like "targets" and you get a response, if you then power unit off, some commands give the same response , so i dont think its doing much more than reading the chip ID like the other programs.

It maybe my Elite is just plain faulty, but if anyone ever gets JTAG to work on elite, please post the details.

Also, other SMP8634 based devices have other ways to do emergency type boots, ie power up with TX and RX shorted, or press a key on the remote while booting up. So if anyone is aware of any boot shortcuts on the AZBOX , please let us know.

triplexxx
26-11-2010, 10:57 AM
u can tray here
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141544

happyhammer
26-11-2010, 01:52 PM
thx, but that is recovery via YAMON and the serial port. I need a JTAG solution.

mikie8
26-11-2010, 03:36 PM
jtagging can be a bit hit and miss at the best of times , depending on box .

i would only buy a box if the jtag solution was solid as reflashing is common and jtagging is normally needed at sometime in a boxes life .

what jtag are you using ?

you could try building a few jtags to try .

happyhammer
26-11-2010, 05:45 PM
"I tried with unbuffered DLC-5 type and buffered Wiggler clone type cable configurations."

I originally made up simple DLC-5 cable and when this didn't seem to work, i bought a universal adapter from TIAO. i connected that up as above, but no joy.

mikie8
26-11-2010, 07:42 PM
when jtagging there are a few tips to remember .

wire all the earths together . i.e. all earths on the serial/parrall port plug .

keep wires to and from the jtag as short as possible .

when i made my jtag for my 200s i didnt even use any wires just the resisters soldered from the port plug straight to the board . this also allows me to leave the jtag fitted inside the case , so i never have to look for it or worry about damage to the jtag .

happyhammer
31-12-2010, 04:41 PM
i have an azbox premium stuck on booting, serial port shows only this:

xosPe0 serial#fb6660ccb1914db3d671f1ff6e 9b0713 subid 0x50
xenv cs2

Now, i finally managed to get the JTAG working on this premium, see attached diagram, i used the second one as this premiun has no resistor packs, seven pullup resistors go to 3.3v one pulldown goes to gnd( shown as a ? in diagram).

After succesfully reflashing which took 28 hours to do, the same bloody thing, stuck on booting with "xenv CS2". I really thought that reflashing would cure this.

Has anyone suggestions how i can proceed? I used the instructions and cfe.bin file from a russian web site. I'm hoping there is maybe another file i can flash to get this box recovered, i read somewhere about getting a YAMON loaded without xenv and reset?

So if anyone knows why the box is not getting past the "xenv cs2" bit, i'd appreciate it.

==============
procedure:

1 -Open a terminal and create a new folder named azbox:
mkdir azbox
cd azbox
sudo apt-get install libftdi-dev libftdi1 libusb-dev
-Download the file ===> http://www.4shared.com/file/a6Wz4Bc5/openocd-040-azboxtar.html
tar xjvf openocd-0.4.0-azbox.tar.bz2
cd openocd-0.4.0-azbox/
./configure --enable-dummy --enable-parport --enable-parport_ppdev --enable-amtjtagaccel --enable-verbose
make
sudo make install
sudo ln sf /usr/local/bin/openocd /usr/bin/openocd
sudo cp smp8634.cfg /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts/target/smp8634.cfg
sudo cp azbox.cfg /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts/board/azbox.cfg
################################# ##############################
-2 UNPROTECT BIOS BEFORE YOU WRITE WITH tjtag
sudo rmmod lp
cd /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts
sudo openocd -f interface/parport_dlc5.cfg -f board/azbox.cfg
Open a new terminal and type:
sudo telnet localhost 4444
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Open On-Chip Debugger
>halt
>reset
>reset init
>flash protect 0 0 last off
>flash protect_check 0
>flash info 0
>shutdown
-3 Flash is ready to use the now unprotected tjtag to flash the bios.
sudo ./tjtag -flash:cfe /fc:104 /bypass

=============

final output lines from flashing log:

[ 99% Flashed] ac7fffb0: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
[ 99% Flashed] ac7fffc0: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
[ 99% Flashed] ac7fffd0: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
[ 99% Flashed] ac7fffe0: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
[ 99% Flashed] ac7ffff0: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
Done (CFE.BIN loaded into Flash Memory OK)

=========================
Flashing Routine Complete
elapsed time: 103053 seconds

*** REQUESTED OPERATION IS COMPLETE ***

mikie8
31-12-2010, 05:08 PM
not got one of these boxes , but others have .

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=737590&postcount=207

happyhammer
31-12-2010, 05:51 PM
thats an old post with a misleading title, thats just using the serial port and YAMON to recover, it does not use JTAG. thx anyway

mikie8
31-12-2010, 07:14 PM
soz only trying to help .

ill try again .

the bottom pic has ltp port earths connected to jtag pin 2 .

try joining 2-4-6-8-10 together on the jtag .

could just be an earth issue .

happyhammer
31-12-2010, 08:16 PM
don't get me wrong, appreciate the help.

pins 2,4,6,8,10 on the jtag are connected together on the board.

I actually have the JTAG working and re-flashed the box, took over 28 hours as in my post. Problem is, even though i have re-flashed it, the box still gets stuck in booting and the serial port only gets as far as "xenv cs2" whereas it shoud be "xenv cs2 ok" and then onto the next step.

mikie8
31-12-2010, 10:07 PM
so the boot loader is probally corrupt or the flash is wrong

is there not a debug / safe mode on the azbox ?

happyhammer
03-01-2011, 06:03 PM
no emergency/safe mode boot that i'm aware of.

So to recap for the AZBOX experts out there.., i have JTAG working, i have re-flashed the box but i still get stuck in "BOOTING" and the serial port shows the bootup process only going this far "xenv cs2 " so no OK message and no failed message follows this message.

Since i have the JTAG working, i should be able to recover the box somehow, just need some help on where i can go from here. I guess i need to know the meaning of the box halting at "xenv cs2" , i assume it meant bad xenv settings but i also assumed re-flashing would have corrected it.

some options might be,

1. try another file (i used cfe.bin from russian site that had the procedure)
2 try loading rippers E2 kernal
3. try loading/running YAMON from a JTAG command

dont know if any of these are possible

Carp95
04-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Look whar Pr2 wrote for you about "booting" issue

happyhammer
04-01-2011, 11:54 AM
thx carp, but recovering the box via serial port and YAMON is well known and easy to do.

We are discussing here, recovering boxes stuck in Booting that do not boot as far as the YAMON prompt, so the only alternative is to recover via JTAG or remove the flash and re-program it. (Yes, we could return unit to Opensat, but this does not suit all situations and is not part of this discussion). Removing flash is beyond my capabilities, so recovering the box via JTAG is what this discussion is about and hopefully we can all learn from it.

digihoe
04-01-2011, 01:17 PM
@happyhammer

Have you tried reading the flash from your Azbox before flashing it? I mean Are you confident that the interface works? Also I think you should just try to upload the YAMON bootloader via JTAG (should not take 28H).

I suspect that you have not been able to flash the box even though the program tells you so.

Best regards!

arcibald
04-01-2011, 01:22 PM
thx carp, but recovering the box via serial port and YAMON is well known and easy to do.

We are discussing here, recovering boxes stuck in Booting that do not boot as far as the YAMON prompt, so the only alternative is to recover via JTAG or remove the flash and re-program it. (Yes, we could return unit to Opensat, but this does not suit all situations and is not part of this discussion). Removing flash is beyond my capabilities, so recovering the box via JTAG is what this discussion is about and hopefully we can all learn from it.

@happyhammer ...

I do not know if you have an Elite or Premium AZBox !

I must specify that I have not tested the procedure reflash with JTAG-LPT !

... but as I understood and translated in my guide on our board, the correct procedure for reflash is slightly different for the Elite model (see point 3.2.3.1) ...

Extract from kkaapp Tutorial

2. Post treatment to remove the protection in the flash memory of the receiver:

2.1. We execute the following commands

2.1.1. sudo rmmod lp
2.1.2.cd /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts
2.1.3. sudo openocd -f interface/parport_dlc5.cfg -f board/azbox.cfg

2.2. Open a second terminal shell and type the command
2.2.1. sudo telnet localhost 4444

2.2.2. On the screen you see something like this:

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Open On-Chip Debugger
>

2.2.3. In this terminal type the following commands:

2.2.3.1. halt
2.2.3.2. reset
2.2.3.3. reset init
2.2.3.4. flash protect 0 0 last off
2.2.3.5. flash protect_check 0
2.2.3.6. flash info 0
2.2.3.7. shutdown

This is the log of removing protection:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.4.0 (2010-07-13-19:47)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.berlios.de/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
parport port = 0x0
jtag_nsrst_delay: 100
jtag_ntrst_delay: 100
trst_and_srst separate srst_gates_jtag trst_push_pull srst_open_drain
Warn : smp8634.cpu: nonstandard IR mask
Warn : use 'smp8634.cpu' as target identifier, not '0'
Info : clock speed 500 kHz
Info : JTAG tap: smp8634.cpu tap/device found: 0x08630001 (mfg: 0x000, part: 0x8630, ver: 0x0)
Info : accepting 'telnet' connection from 0
target state: halted
target halted in MIPS32 mode due to debug-request, pc: 0xbfc00000
Info : JTAG tap: smp8634.cpu tap/device found: 0x08630001 (mfg: 0x000, part: 0x8630, ver: 0x0)
Info : Flash Manufacturer/Device: 0x007f 0x22cb
Error: protect: cfi primary command set 2 unsupported
cleared protection for sectors 0 through 134 on flash bank 0
successfully checked protect state
#0 : cfi at 0xac000000, size 0x00800000, buswidth 2, chipwidth 2
# 0: 0x00000000 (0x2000 8kB) not protected
# 1: 0x00002000 (0x2000 8kB) not protected
# 2: 0x00004000 (0x2000 8kB) not protected
# 3: 0x00006000 (0x2000 8kB) not protected

--------------------------------------------------------
#134: 0x007f0000 (0x10000 64kB) not protected

cfi information:

mfr: 0x007f, id:0x22cb
qry: 'QRY', pri_id: 0x0002, pri_addr: 0x0040, alt_id: 0x0000, alt_addr: 0x0000
Vcc min: 2.7, Vcc max: 3.6, Vpp min: 0.0, Vpp max: 0.0
typ. word write timeout: 16, typ. buf write timeout: 1, typ. block erase timeout: 1024, typ. chip erase timeout: 1
max. word write timeout: 512, max. buf write timeout: 1, max. block erase timeout: 16384, max. chip erase timeout: 1
size: 0x800000, interface desc: 2, max buffer write size: 1

Spansion primary algorithm extend information:
pri: 'PRI', version: 1.1
Silicon Rev.: 0x0, Address Sensitive unlock: 0x0
Erase Suspend: 0x2, Sector Protect: 0x4
VppMin: 10.5, VppMax: 12.5

shutdown command invoked

ubuntu@ubuntu:/usr/local/share/openocd/scripts$

3. Programming the nor-flash memory

3.1. We return to the first terminal window open
3.2. Let's go to the root directory where the files are registered and enter the commands:

3.2.1. make
3.2.2. sudo rmmod lp
3.2.3. sudo ./tjtag -flash:cfe /fc:104 /bypass

From the research I did ... added ....

3.2.3.1 In the case of Azbox Elite on section 3.2.3, type command:sudo ./tjtag -flash:cfe /fc:87 /bypass

elapsed time: 85853 seconds

I hope this help You to solve the problem ... :smash:

Br ... Arci

happyhammer
04-01-2011, 02:06 PM
@arci

this one is a premium and i have followed the procedure you have shown. After teh flash routine finised, i reboot box both with the JTAG enabled( r309 shorted) and disabled, but get the same response. I was never able to get JTAG working on elite modelbut will retry when i get this one working.

EDIT: there is one step i did not do, sometimes its suggested, sometime not. before programming the flash, do this

./tjtag -erase:wholeflash /noreset. so that is another thing i will test.

@digihoe

no,i never tried to read the flash, i will try this but allteh responses seem to indicate teh JTAG is working. If you have some information on how to just upload the YAMON, it is something i thought to try. From the docs it seems you have to build a special YAMON ( see extract below). maybe someone has these built already?

=================doc extract==============
Before user connects the emulator to the JTAG port on board, there are some preparation work to do. The first thing is to ensure the JTAG is enabled on the board. For Sigma's reference boards, typically there is one jumper to enable JTAG connection. This jumper has to be set. The second thing is to get the software ready by building a special version of YAMON. This can be done by modifying YAMON's Makefile, so that WITH_RESET=y and WITH_XENV=n before rebuilding YAMON. The third thing is of course getting the image to be flashed onto the board ready. Typically this involved with getting replacement XENV block ready, make sure the first level boot is signed with right certificate, ... and so on.

There are two files of the interests after YAMON is rebuilt, and these two images will be loaded via JTAG onto the board later. Please note if older version of YAMON is used, the version number is 02.06 instead:

reset-02.11-SIGMADESIGNS-01.elf
yamon-02.11-SIGMADESIGNS-01_el.elf

arcibald
04-01-2011, 03:38 PM
@arci

this one is a premium and i have followed the procedure you have shown. After teh flash routine finised, i reboot box both with the JTAG enabled( r309 shorted) and disabled, but get the same response. I was never able to get JTAG working on elite modelbut will retry when i get this one working.

EDIT: there is one step i did not do, sometimes its suggested, sometime not. before programming the flash, do this

./tjtag -erase:wholeflash /noreset. so that is another thing i will test.

OK ! You have to try!

But ...
You've checked the log of telnet (remove protection) if will be signaled some anomaly?

Very strange, as you will read all claim to be able to reprogram the nor-flash, unless you have other hardware problems !

Rg ... Arci

happyhammer
04-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Very strange, as you will read all claim to be able to reprogram the nor-flash, unless you have other hardware problems !

Rg ... Arci

yes, but most seem to have a "xenv cs2 failed" or "zboot failed", perhaps because i do not get a "failed" message i have something more complicated.

sony1
05-01-2011, 03:39 AM
I need to Jtag a Azbox Elite.

Can someone send me the information required to Jtag my Elite Box.

Thanks

happyhammer
06-01-2011, 12:03 AM
i dont know anyone who has done it yet, including me... what skills do you have to attempt it? ie. have you a technical background to attempt the possible tasks? can u solder smt components, use linux pc etc.. see some of my posts regarding his subject. whats the output from the serial port?

sony1
11-01-2011, 04:08 AM
When you are able to Jtag please let us know who to do it.

I believe I have the skills and knowledge needed to follow a good guide like the one provided by Pr2.

iq180
24-01-2011, 04:24 AM
JTAG it has been done i have the az hd premium plus and it was stuck in
booting i had my friend who is a computer programer to help me and i am back up and runing.i dont remember where i got the file but i do have it on
a pindrive but i dont no how to get it to you and you may allready have it
i dont no but i do no it works.:cool:

zeini
24-01-2011, 08:03 AM
In german forum is spoken that the ttl-level is to less.

So they taked a usb Nokia Data Cable CA-42 (http://www.myazbox.de/forum/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=2008). And with these cable they don't have problems.

http://www.myazbox.de/forum/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=2008

happyhammer
24-01-2011, 10:16 AM
In german forum is spoken that the ttl-level is to less.

So they taked a usb Nokia Data Cable CA-42 (http://www.myazbox.de/forum/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=2008). And with these cable they don't have problems.

http://www.myazbox.de/forum/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=2008

thats just getting the serial interface working, nothing to do with JTAG.

I can't get the JTAG to halt the processor now, even though it did work before ansd seemed to reprogram the flash, so i am unable to test again at the moment, not until i can get this working again but i cant see whats wrong.
Getting the processor to halt seems to be the hardest thing with the JTAG interface, this is also where others got stuck with the elite model.

iq180
24-01-2011, 03:14 PM
happyhammer if you cant get it to stop running with the key board just
unplug it from the mother board and that will stop the proses then plug it
back in then you can move to the next step.:respect-040:

iq180
24-01-2011, 03:52 PM
i used a usb to ttl uart serial converter 6 pin.
usb end plugs to computer 6 wire end only need 3 wires to mother board
send wire recive wire and gnd wire. the az mother board has 4 pins you only
use 3 .
send wire from computer goes to recive pin on az
recive wire from computer goes to send pin on az
gnd on computer goes gnd on az
and you need a rj 45 crossover cable.

iq180
24-01-2011, 11:42 PM
happyhammer you need to use CONTROL=C=in the instruction you must do
it quick to stop it.

iq180
25-01-2011, 12:50 AM
here is where you can get the file and the info that i used to get my az
hd premium plus up and running.do a google serch for dss pros
the file was posted by herryb.the how to is in english spanish
and one other dont no that one is.

happyhammer
25-01-2011, 12:02 PM
happyhammer you need to use CONTROL=C=in the instruction you must do
it quick to stop it.
Thx for your input but you are confusing recovering the box via serial port and Yamon and recovering the box using the JTAG which has to be done when the box is stuck in BOOTING before it has reached the point of loading YAMON into the box

iq180
25-01-2011, 05:16 PM
happyhammer i was stuck in booting to with no menu and no tv screen.
google dss pros the file name is recoverazbox it was posted by harryb
this is what i used to get my az out of booting it works.
there is a complet how to use with files and loaders with pic of
mother boards of 3 kinds of az boxes.
if it dont help then you talk junk to me.LOL.

voki081
25-01-2011, 08:48 PM
@iq180
Jtag and Yamon are not same procedure.

iq180
25-01-2011, 10:35 PM
i no jtag and yamon are not the same but the outcome is the same
it will recover a booting az box=i have just done it and my az is up
and running perfect is yours.:cheers2:

happyhammer
27-01-2011, 09:17 AM
happyhammer i was stuck in booting to with no menu and no tv screen.
google dss pros the file name is recoverazbox it was posted by harryb
this is what i used to get my az out of booting it works.
there is a complet how to use with files and loaders with pic of
mother boards of 3 kinds of az boxes.
if it dont help then you talk junk to me.LOL.

That zip file is simply outlining the procedure to recover box via the serial interface and YAMON.....it is not recovering the box via JTAG. This topic is about using the JTAG interface to recover the box ,,,get it?

iq180
27-01-2011, 04:00 PM
just trying to help you get the az box up and running.
i no this is not a normal form of jtag but any time you hook
directly to the mother board it is a form of jtag
and this does bring the az out of booting and back to life
and if i can help you let me no.

goginux
11-03-2011, 09:37 PM
xosPe0 serial#af89760169b59a310a517817a4 02b5e3 subid 0x50
xenv cs2 failed
xenv cs3 failexosPe0 serial#af89760169b59a310a517817a4 02b5e3 subid 0x50
xenv cs2 failed
xenv cs3 failed¡Ãpower supply: ok
dram0 ok (8)
zboot (1) failed

for me,all is failed.some tutorial from windows existing??

goginux
13-03-2011, 09:55 PM
root@ubuntu:/usr/local/share/openocd/scripts# openocd -f interface/parport_dlc5.cfg -f board/azbox.cfg
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.4.0 (2011-03-13-12:05)
For bug reports, read
parport port = 0x0
Error: JTAG scan chain interrogation failed: all zeroes
Error: Check JTAG interface, timings, target power, etc.
Error: JTAG scan chain interrogation failed: all zeroes
Error: Check JTAG interface, timings, target power, etc.
Command handler execution failed
Warn : jtag initialization failed; try 'jtag init' again.

wath is probem???
please help me!!

goginux
16-03-2011, 01:37 PM
i have an azbox premium stuck on booting, serial port shows only this:

xosPe0 serial#fb6660ccb1914db3d671f1ff6e 9b0713 subid 0x50
xenv cs2

Now, i finally managed to get the JTAG working on this premium, see attached diagram, i used the second one as this premiun has no resistor packs, seven pullup resistors go to 3.3v one pulldown goes to gnd( shown as a ? in diagram).

After succesfully reflashing which took 28 hours to do, the same bloody thing, stuck on booting with "xenv CS2". I really thought that reflashing would cure this.

Has anyone suggestions how i can proceed? I used the instructions and cfe.bin file from a russian web site. I'm hoping there is maybe another file i can flash to get this box recovered, i read somewhere about getting a YAMON loaded without xenv and reset?

So if anyone knows why the box is not getting past the "xenv cs2" bit, i'd appreciate it.

==============
procedure:

1 -Open a terminal and create a new folder named azbox:
mkdir azbox
cd azbox
sudo apt-get install libftdi-dev libftdi1 libusb-dev
-Download the file ===> http://www.4shared.com/file/a6Wz4Bc5/openocd-040-azboxtar.html
tar xjvf openocd-0.4.0-azbox.tar.bz2
cd openocd-0.4.0-azbox/
./configure --enable-dummy --enable-parport --enable-parport_ppdev --enable-amtjtagaccel --enable-verbose
make
sudo make install
sudo ln sf /usr/local/bin/openocd /usr/bin/openocd
sudo cp smp8634.cfg /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts/target/smp8634.cfg
sudo cp azbox.cfg /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts/board/azbox.cfg
-2 UNPROTECT BIOS BEFORE YOU WRITE WITH tjtag
sudo rmmod lp
cd /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts
sudo openocd -f interface/parport_dlc5.cfg -f board/azbox.cfg
Open a new terminal and type:
sudo telnet localhost 4444
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Open On-Chip Debugger
>halt
>reset
>reset init
>flash protect 0 0 last off
>flash protect_check 0
>flash info 0
>shutdown
-3 Flash is ready to use the now unprotected tjtag to flash the bios.
sudo ./tjtag -flash:cfe /fc:104 /bypass

=============

final output lines from flashing log:

elapsed time: 103053 seconds

please tell me,you are put RP1 and RP2 in azbox??100 ohm???

happyhammer
16-03-2011, 02:45 PM
RP1 and RP2 are resistor packs. I did not have these parts and only an ordinary soldering iron which is very difficult ti use on surface mounted boards. You do this at your own risk as its very easy to damage tracks/pads etc.

all but one of the 100 ohm resisters go between the Jtag pads and the 3.3v, the other goes to GND. Then the connections from the PC parallel port to the Jtag pads. just as in diagram.

The Jtag must also be enabled by jumper.

goginux
16-03-2011, 08:40 PM
please put the picture with your jtag please,with specification,becouse i dont understand scheme 2 in diagram!!
thnx in advance!!

goginux
17-03-2011, 11:30 AM
i put 2.2k resistors from rp1 and rp2 becouse dont have 103,(10k)im sure this is corect value10k!!!!!,but i try with this...
message from console 1

root@ubuntu:~# cd /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts
root@ubuntu:/usr/local/share/openocd/scripts# sudo openocd -f interface/parport_dlc5.cfg -f board/azbox.cfg
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.4.0 (2011-03-15-11:33)
For bug reports, read
parport port = 0x0
Info : accepting 'telnet' connection from 0
Info : Halt timed out, wake up GDB.
Error: timed out while waiting for target halted
Info : Halt timed out, wake up GDB.
Error: timed out while waiting for target halted
TARGET: smp8634.cpu - Not halted
Error: Target not halted
Error: auto_probe failed -304

Error: auto_probe failed -304

flash bank '0' not found

message from console 2!

root@ubuntu:~# cd /usr/local/share/openocd/scripts
root@ubuntu:/usr/local/share/openocd/scripts# sudo telnet localhost 4444Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Open On-Chip Debugger
> halt
Halt timed out, wake up GDB.
timed out while waiting for target halted
in procedure 'halt' called at file "command.c", line 650
called at file "command.c", line 361
> reset
JTAG tap: smp8634.cpu tap/device found: 0x08630001 (mfg: 0x000, part: 0x8630, ver: 0x0)
> reset init
JTAG tap: smp8634.cpu tap/device found: 0x08630001 (mfg: 0x000, part: 0x8630, ver: 0x0)
Halt timed out, wake up GDB.
timed out while waiting for target halted
TARGET: smp8634.cpu - Not halted
in procedure 'reset' called at file "command.c", line 650
> flash protect 0 0 last off
Target not halted
auto_probe failed -304

> flash protect_check 0
Target not halted
auto_probe failed -304

flash bank '0' not found
flash protect_check bank_id
in procedure 'flash' called at file "command.c", line 650
> flash info 0
Target not halted
in procedure 'flash' called at file "command.c", line 650
>

im sure put the corect resistors RP! & RP2,WORK!!!

sony1
20-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Where Can I obtain the JTAG instructions?

I need a copy to try same.

Please Help

Thanks

webhead
22-03-2011, 11:49 AM
http://www.pristavka.de/index.php?topic=6061.0

jimmyjim11
03-06-2011, 04:39 PM
can opensat do jtag if you send them box to be repaired ?

how much do they charge out of warranty ?

afc007
28-11-2011, 09:28 PM
sorry for opening an old thread

But has anybody got a wiring / pin diagram for a jtag cable for the cuberevo / ipbox, i have looked everywhere so hopefully someone can help

zingfrid
17-08-2013, 06:46 PM
I've saw, that only happyhammer, on whole internet wide were had same problem with me.
I have my device stuck on booting with message:

xosPe0 serial#a8e6... subid 0x50
xenv cs2 xosPe0 serial#a8e6... subid 0x50
xenv cs2

Nither ok nor failed.

I've tried to use jtag. I was able to connect but now I'm stuck with putting processor to halt.

Please, tell me, were you able to resolve this issue, because from forum posts it is not clear.

nano3000
21-08-2013, 04:30 AM
hi every body, i have azbox elite and it dont want to connect to jtag ,i used the jtag schema from this topic jumper enabled but openocd tell jtag not found . please help..:confused:

zingfrid
21-08-2013, 07:58 AM
hi every body, i have azbox elite and it dont want to connect to jtag ,i used the jtag schema from this topic jumper enabled but openocd tell jtag not found . please help..:confused:

Check your connection (wiring) more precise, and be sure, that you are running openocd with corret params.

nano3000
21-08-2013, 09:16 AM
hi ,thanks for your response,epp+ecp enabled in the bios but i have this:

root@debian:/usr/local/share/openocd/scripts# openocd -f interface/parport_dlc5.cfg -f board/azbox.cfg
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.4.0 (2013-08-19-06:37)
For bug reports, read
Error: The specified JTAG interface was not found (parport)
The following JTAG interfaces are available:

zingfrid
21-08-2013, 09:26 AM
hi ,thanks for your response,epp+ecp enabled in the bios but i have this:

root@debian:/usr/local/share/openocd/scripts# openocd -f interface/parport_dlc5.cfg -f board/azbox.cfg
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.4.0 (2013-08-19-06:37)
For bug reports, read
Error: The specified JTAG interface was not found (parport)
The following JTAG interfaces are available:

It looks like, openocd unable to find parport on your unix system.
Try this:
1. rmmod lp
Run openocd again, if it does not help, please, check that you have /dev/parport0, or anything else with ls /dev/parport*

nano3000
21-08-2013, 09:39 AM
thanks for your response
root@debian:/usr/local/share/openocd# rmmod lp
ERROR: Module lp does not exist in /proc/modules
root@debian:/usr/local/share/openocd# ls /dev/parport*
ls: impossible d'accéder Ã* /dev/parport*: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type

please what can i do now?

zingfrid
21-08-2013, 10:02 AM
What linux distro do you have (uname -a), what PC do you have (particulary motherboard).
Now you should google, why parport device did not initialized on your PC

nano3000
21-08-2013, 10:15 AM
i'm on debian the following command lsmod |grep parport show this:
root@debian:#lsmod |grep parport
parport_pc 15799 0
parport 22554 1 parport_pc

and
root@debian:#ls /proc/sys/dev/parport
default parport0
i think it's a bug of udev !!

zingfrid
21-08-2013, 12:43 PM
i'm on debian the following command lsmod |grep parport show this:
root@debian:#lsmod |grep parport
parport_pc 15799 0
parport 22554 1 parport_pc

and
root@debian:#ls /proc/sys/dev/parport
default parport0
i think it's a bug of udev !!

Maybe, but I think, this is a little bit out of this discussion thread. If you need help with linux I cat try to help you out of there. (knock to my PM, if you won't be able to deal with it yourself)

happyhammer
22-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Maybe, but I think, this is a little bit out of this discussion thread. If you need help with linux I cat try to help you out of there. (knock to my PM, if you won't be able to deal with it yourself)

if you have an elite model, forget JTAG, unless someone has some new information, it seems that
the JTAG interface has been disabled during manufacture despite a header being available on this model. if you have a premium model, you can use USBJTAG device. i bought one to see if it would work with elite model but it dont work.

zingfrid
23-08-2013, 09:09 PM
if you have an elite model, forget JTAG, unless someone has some new information, it seems that
the JTAG interface has been disabled during manufacture despite a header being available on this model. if you have a premium model, you can use USBJTAG device. i bought one to see if it would work with elite model but it dont work.

Hello, happyhammer, glad to see you here. Can you please take a look on my message: post (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?140894-JTAG-anyone-get-it-to-work-fully-(technical-discussion)&p=883131&viewfull=1#post883131)

chaosnature
13-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi
anyone know if jtaging dm800 is positble?