the illuminati
24-10-2010, 02:51 AM
I know it is a stupid question for now as all the projet is for testing
but do you have any info that a E2 firmware will be available with all
the needed files and plugins to upgrade directly by USB stick and off you
go.

gadgeteer
24-10-2010, 04:42 AM
I think it definitely will be available when the E2 is stable enough for normal usage. Since it's in alpha stage, we are still facing ton of bugs. Please be patient....... I think it's not so long. Huge thanks for The_Ripper & Co for making this project happen !!!

Carp95
24-10-2010, 12:20 PM
MickeySa said there will be a newly packed patch.bin today with all fixes in it:respect-040:

Smudger
24-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm able to load E2 with all the info available 1.026 or 1.025 so don't have a problem getting the sytem running.
what I need to know is the next steps.
I've tried different things but can't get a picture.

I did at one stage get a picture but after editing favourites lost it and have never been able to get working again. I've re installed but no sucess.
I get no data on transponder timeout reading pat.

On the latest E2 I see the A on the Info menu go to green and I get 99% signal strength but no picture

So a simple step guide after install would be appriciated as I want to test.

Thanks

marse212
24-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm able to load E2 with all the info available 1.026 or 1.025 so don't have a problem getting the sytem running.
what I need to know is the next steps.
I've tried different things but can't get a picture.

I did at one stage get a picture but after editing favourites lost it and have never been able to get working again. I've re installed but no sucess.
I get no data on transponder timeout reading pat.

On the latest E2 I see the A on the Info menu go to green and I get 99% signal strength but no picture

So a simple step guide after install would be appriciated as I want to test.

Thanks

this is the solution

em8634dvb.ko

lib/modules/2.6.22.19-19-the_ripper/extra

File em8634dvb.ko copy to

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=139902

Smudger
24-10-2010, 01:19 PM
this is the solution

Sorry this is not the solution I'm after the steps for setting E2 Ie what people are using in setup.

and are they using a settings file etc.

sorry to be blunt I had better success not copying that file.

the illuminati
24-10-2010, 02:13 PM
MickeySa said there will be a newly packed patch.bin today with all fixes in it:respect-040:

thanks, i realy hope so as it is the only box i have now and can;t fool
around with it as the wife will shoot me if i get stuck in a prob.

digihoe
24-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Sorry this is not the solution I'm after the steps for setting E2 Ie what people are using in setup.

and are they using a settings file etc.

sorry to be blunt I had better success not copying that file.

I used DreamSet 2.31 and downloaded new list from KoS and uploaded. It can be hard setting up the correct parameters in tuner settings I guess, not so intuitive. I use motor setting and set it up a simple motor config with long/lat and uploaded channel list, and it just works, all sats.

Hope you get it to work, also every time you change a file you need to reboot the box.

Smudger
24-10-2010, 06:27 PM
just tried 1.0.27 still the same no data on transponder.

I'm starting wonder if somthing differs in tunners my box is now about 18 months old.

One other thing does anyone ever just
install E2, Setup tuner then scan and find it works?