PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Can't find second LNB

eidur
26-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Hi everybody,

I have searched the net and also tried other forums, but still no luck.

I have just received my VU+ and trying to set it up. My setup is 1 twin LNB pointing at 1W and 1 twin pointing at 5E. I have set it up as simple DiseqC A/B. When I try to do a scan the signal is ok on the first LNB and the second LNB it's not able to find any channels. On my DM7020 and DM600 everything works perfect.

My setup is one single dish with 1 dual LNB pointing at 1W and 1 dual LNB pointing at 5E. I have one box in my living room and one in my first floor

I have tried to change my diseqc with these _http://telesat.de/artikeldet.php?pro...76273bafcfbf 5f but no luck so fare.

I had the same problem with a DM800 clone, maybe it's a problem with enigma2 boxes? See this thread: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=128018

Could anybody please help.

Thanks

sonic1
26-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Can you post some screen shots of your configuration ?

Also which image are you using ?

eidur
26-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Yes of course I can.
Which plug-in do I have to use to take screenshots on the Vu+?

sonic1
26-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Its very easy.

Type the IP of your box into your browse followed by /grab

192.168.0.2/grab

Thats an example.

eidur
01-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi and sorry for this late reply, but I have not been home the last week. Still no signal on 5E

Attached is a screen shot of my config. My image is VTi 2.1

I have also found some data on my lnb maybe that helps?

_http://www.triax.ro/ttw-002-universal-twin-300435.html

Thanks.

eidur
02-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Any help would be appreciated, am I the only one in the world with this problem?

Thanks

eidur
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I have still not managed to solve the problem.... Would it help to change the LNB?

dmgp
09-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Maybe you need to change to a satellite XML that shows Int707 as 1deg west if that is the one you are not picking up, just a suggestion as I noticed when I used one that showed Sirius as 4.8 west it didnt find it.

eidur
05-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi and happy new year everybody,.

I haven't had the time to play around with my box for the last month, but the problem hasn't been fixed.

I have tried my VU+ duo with my brother in law's dish setup, and it found both 1W and 5E, but not with my setup....... Hence this I'm quite sure my box is working correct.
I have tried to change the diseqc again. This time with a Triax MFD 21R _http://www.triax.ro/mfd-21-d-300510.html but that didn't change anything.
I have also tried to bypass the diseqc and put the receiver directly onto the LNB, but with same result.
Strange part is that both when I changed the diseqc and bypassed it my DM600 was able to find 5E.

I have also tried to take the satellite XML from my DM600 and also this one https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=111546&page=2

Help me please if you have any suggestions, I'm getting a bit :ack2:

Thanks

sonic1
05-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Load catseye e2 settings the reconfigure your sats 4.8e and 0.8w
Make sure you use his satellite.xml

eidur
07-01-2011, 11:57 AM
I have loaded catseye e2 settings, but that didn't help. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help

sonic1
07-01-2011, 12:34 PM
I have had another look at your picture and this does not make sense, you want 0.8 on A and 4.8 on B

Instead of Mode DISEQC A/B select SINGLE unless of course you have 2 diseqc switches and all four feeds coming into the Vu.

eidur
22-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Bringing this tread back to life again, as I didn't manage to find a solution. My DM7020 is now dead so I need the VU+ to be my new server.

My setup is 1 twin LNB pointing at 1W and 1 twin pointing at 5E. The LNB’s are connected to two 2-1 diseqc.

Any suggestion?

HELP ME!!!

Keano
22-10-2011, 07:39 PM
mate it might just be better to do change your lnbs. I have a triax 88cm dish with the multi bracket and on it I have one quad lnb pointed at 0.8w and next to it I have another quad lnb pointed at 4.8.e. Then just have a standard diseqc switch with 2 inputs and all will be OK.

If you can take some pictures of your setup, dish,lnb + switch because I am not sure what you have.

eidur
24-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Thank you for posting Keano.
I will try to get some pictures later today, but I think I will switch the LNB's to quad instead. Any suggestions to some good quad LNB's?

echelon
24-10-2011, 09:57 AM
frankly , I dont see how it can be the lnb,s when he says it works when bypassing the switches

the answer to me seems simple , although I dont have a vu+ so cannot comment on the exact fix , but here goes

firstly you say you have setup the switch as a simple A-B diseqc switch with one satellite on A and the other satellite on B

ok thats fine , but here is the caveat ( this is assuming it works direct to each lnb ok )

CHECK the settings for each satellite in your satellite setup , wherever that is

look for the details on COMMITTED and also UNCOMMITTED

set the COMMITTED to 1 , and UNCOMMITTED TO 0 or 1 or OFF on the first satellite and check it

then on the other satellite do the same trick but set COMMITTED to 2 , and UNCOMMITTED TO 0 or 1 or OFF on the second satellite and check it

my point is that with my spiderbox I get this problem with some switches and not others , and although I may set the simple 4 way diseqc up with 4 satellites , I still have to play with the settings for COMMITTED and UNCOMMITTED until the diseqc switch works

usually you set up as COMMITTED 1 and UNCOMMITTED OFF or 1 on the first satellite , and COMMITTED 2 and UNCOMMITTED OFF or 1 on the second satellite

with a 4 way diseqc switch the COMMITTED also uses 3 for the third and 4 for the 4th satellites, with UNCOMMITTED set to 1 or OFF

I hope the ramblings above are clear enough for you to understand the point , as regards COMMITTED and UNCOMMITTED

I remember messing around with this on my DM800HD some time ago , and it varied according to the switch used