PDA

View Full Version : recording prob

Apomambo1
31-10-2010, 01:53 PM
hi i got the tm6900 hd super with a wd 250 gb i did the format on the tm site but when i try recording on the timer never work sometime recording but when finish record is not there.any please thanks

Giga
31-10-2010, 02:22 PM
do a live recording, while viewing program press record button. See if you have recording

Jasper
01-11-2010, 12:36 AM
You could also try setting the timer by selecting EPG (programme guide). Select programme (make sure it is highlighted) then select record. Select Record ON and exit. This is more reliable than setting the timer from scratch but still not a guarantee that it will record. Even when it does record there is a good chance the ending will be missing due to channels bad time keeping!

There should be a red indication on the front display whilst recording. If you record whilst watching the same channel Rec (in red) flashes on the screen every few seconds.

I've had my hard drive go missing in the past (not recognised) but this was solved by switching off (and back on) both drive and STB at the socket.

Apomambo1
01-11-2010, 05:24 PM
hi thanks for your reply but the prob still unknow when i do the live record not problem when i set the epg the record start and finish and there is not sign of the record on wd . i tryed the epg and the timer with same problem.thanks im gone try again to format the wd and see.

Giga
01-11-2010, 05:41 PM
if live record works, should be no problem with the hard disc format! are you using a large external powered USB hard disc? If not running without external power supply, you could have issues with hard disc power management: it is hard disc want wake up!
Try recording on fat32 formated USB stick (4 GB should do), see if this works?My WD usb hard disc is now only used for computer and have a now a 350 GB not externally powered USB hard disc for TM: no more problems, when receiver comes of standby, hard disc is awake and can record. Message should show PVR ready

Apomambo1
01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
thanks giga mine wd is 250gb and is power by the usb of the tm is this a proplem.thanks

Giga
01-11-2010, 06:09 PM
thanks giga mine wd is 250gb and is power by the usb of the tm is this a proplem.thanks
If there is no provision at WD for external power: this should be no problem.
What patch are you running?

When Using Epg:
select block to record
correct method:
press record button on remote (block turns Red with black text)
wrong method:
press OK (block turns blue with white text)

Apomambo1
08-11-2010, 03:46 PM
hi thanks giga its been hit and miss i dont know why 1 out tre records.thanks for your time

joany
08-11-2010, 03:59 PM
hi thanks giga its been hit and miss i dont know why 1 out tre records.thanks for your time

I agree the tm recording is a bit flakey. One thing to watch is when you select an item to record on the epg, whilst the programme turns blue on the epg itself you then need to go into the recording schedule (think its the red buttton) and you need to go to the bottom field and turn from off to on then save and exit. For some reason even after hightllighting something to record all of the fields in the recording schedule are changed EXCEPT the on/off one at the bottom.

good luck.

thijs
08-11-2010, 06:48 PM
when your in the epg menu u can just press the record button on any program you want to record and itwill turn red and you do'nt have to go in any other menu to set it for recording