PDA

View Full Version : anyone else bored with this box now?

ManikM
04-11-2010, 02:22 PM
im seriously thinking about selling it and getting the VU+

it still hangs sometimes if i leave it on for 3 days (maybe thats the plugins fault) - I FIND the favourites are unintuitive and crap to setup, and the menus and features are just not that exciting

LOL maybe im being too harsh, maybe its just the sat scene a bit flat at the moment i dont know.

maybe im just in a bad mood.

:confused:

ian51
04-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Mine's been disconnected for a while now (using dm800 clone instead) got fed up with no decent EPG and HD audio going out of sync. I'm going to give the new AAF E2 Media Center Edition a go when it's released and after that, who knows:nopity:

jacksback
04-11-2010, 03:12 PM
VU+ Duo will be my next purchase

The IceCrypt will have a new home in my bedroom after that

reboot
04-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Don't expect the HD video quality on your VU+ boxes to be as good as the S4000/Spiderbox/S3000 etc.
Engima 2 receivers just don't cut it in HD. If you don't believe me then have a look on the German forums.
Your right that its a bit flat on the sat scene at the moment though, need some excitement but not sure the VU+ is the answer. Some decent public hacks would be nice.

Gaza
04-11-2010, 07:00 PM
there appears to be software out there looking at the german forums for making the the icecrypt a server etc but not understanding german makes life a little bıt difficult just seems lack of support consıdering its from the same stable

ManikM
04-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Don't expect the HD video quality on your VU+ boxes to be as good as the S4000/Spiderbox/S3000 etc.
Engima 2 receivers just don't cut it in HD. If you don't believe me then have a look on the German forums.
Your right that its a bit flat on the sat scene at the moment though, need some excitement but not sure the VU+ is the answer. Some decent public hacks would be nice.

cheers mate, found this thread very interesting concerning pic quality, the grass is not always greener just like that say!

i forgot the link: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=125654&page=3
:)

dcselec
05-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Strange about the VU pic quality I have a spiderbox hd
and a Vu duo for me the pic on the VU is brill it a real nice stb
easy set up and no crashes :woohoo-022:

paul362
05-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Strange about the VU pic quality I have a spiderbox hd
and a Vu duo for me the pic on the VU is brill it a real nice stb
easy set up and no crashes :woohoo-022:

I agree totally with you there, no picture problems for me on sd or HD. Vu+ duo.:respect-023:

jacksback
05-11-2010, 04:58 PM
The VU+ Duo PQ comments are worrying. Might have changed my mind slightly.

Anyone here got the IP Box 9900 HD Plus?

ian51
05-11-2010, 06:48 PM
The VU+ Duo PQ comments are worrying. Might have changed my mind slightly.

Anyone here got the IP Box 9900 HD Plus?

I won't worry too much about E2 picture quality. It looks just fine on my DM800 and I had no complaints about the HD picture quality when using E2 on my Icecrypt. I think that the IP Box might have the same limitations as the Icecrypt because it has the same processor (I might be wrong?).

jacksback
08-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Understood. Thanks for responding

ManikM
08-11-2010, 01:32 PM
I won't worry too much about E2 picture quality. It looks just fine on my DM800 and I had no complaints about the HD picture quality when using E2 on my Icecrypt. I think that the IP Box might have the same limitations as the Icecrypt because it has the same processor (I might be wrong?).

i dont know about HD pic on the E2 - but SD was like a computers MPEG, frame drop\stutter - you can just tell its not right.

having said that, im gonna give the latest HDFREAKS (Fortis) image a try tonight - i think last one was May or June.

jacksback
08-11-2010, 05:18 PM
i dont know about HD pic on the E2 - but SD was like a computers MPEG, frame drop\stutter - you can just tell its not right.

having said that, im gonna give the latest HDFREAKS (Fortis) image a try tonight - i think last one was May or June.

Let us know what you think of it? I could never get both tuners to work on the Hot Summer image so rolled back to IceCrypt image.

jacksback
04-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Got my Vu+ duo last week and it's friggin awesome!! :)

I loaded the VIX image which is very elegant. It came pre-installed with the rytec EPG plugin which worked first time. I now have a 7 day EPG and the wife could not be happier.

On the PQ front, I would say the IceCrypt is better but functionality and speed wise, the Vu+ wins hands down.

Still going to keep my IceCrypt because it is an awesome Dual Tuner HD PVR.

ManikM
04-01-2011, 03:10 PM
do you see frame drop \ judder?

snakie
04-01-2011, 04:58 PM
E2 and picture quality is just fine.
Especially on broadcom receivers like Dreambox and VU.
I use Suisse HD to watch some real HD nature productions and i dont think its poor ...

jacksback
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
do you see frame drop \ judder?

No and I was purposely looking for it. SD picture is just as good as IceCrypt, if not better.