PDA

View Full Version : Firmware upgrade ICECRYPT S4000

miro
06-11-2010, 04:24 AM
Hello,

I've just bought my first linux based satellite reciever, ICECRYPT s4000HDPVR. I have no experinces with itfirmware upgrade on such a device. Can somebody helo me with it? Is there a manual, or existing thread about how to upgrade firmware on the machine?

Thanks!
Miro

darrellr
06-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Copy the upgrade files into the root of a usb drive, connect to PVR. It will pop up a screen prompting you to press 'red' to download. Then wait for the upgrade process to complete - you will see the progress on the front panel.

chris217
06-11-2010, 03:14 PM
I believe that the USB drive must also be in FAT-32 format.

miro
06-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Copy the upgrade files into the root of a usb drive, connect to PVR. It will pop up a screen prompting you to press 'red' to download. Then wait for the upgrade process to complete - you will see the progress on the front panel.

I did all mentioned above. Press red for start to upgrade. Since tht there is a message on my TV "wait for software downloading..." and no progress status on LCD (just a name of Programm I was watching before).
Where I am going wrong? May I shut down the machine and start over again? By the way Power Button is not working. So it would need to be cutting powere by the switch at the rear of the machine.

Thanks in advance,
Miro

buck401
07-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Did you unzip the download before putting it on the usb?

miro
07-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Did you unzip the download before putting it on the usb?

Hi,

yes, the file that I've got n my usb is fac.icecrypt.s4000hdpvr.v1.08.52. 2010oct25.ird.
Here is what I've done. Formated my USB to FAT32, copied the above mentioned file to it. There are no folders on it, just the file. Powered up my receiver. When it went on-line, plugged the USB, got a message on TV screen asking if I want to upgrade firmware from 1.08.01 to 1.08.52 (press red).
I pressed red button and got "wait for software downloading..." and no progress status on LCD (just a name of Programm I was watching before).
I left it for abut 2hrs. No change. Power button on the fron was not active as any other buttons. I had t shut down the machine by the power switch at the rear. Frtynately it went n line OK. I did not try again, as waiting for any advise.

Thanks,
Miro:

Gaza
07-11-2010, 11:18 AM
i had in the past had the problem would not read the memory stick changed for another make and was ok

zippy7272
07-11-2010, 11:48 AM
yeah just try again. if you have another usb dirve try that , or try a different usb port on the s4000. TBH just try again.

You can unbrick these machines anyway via the serial port on the back.

miro
07-11-2010, 01:48 PM
i had in the past had the problem would not read the memory stick changed for another make and was ok

Thanks a lot! :respect-055:
it has worked. But unfotunately, now I have different issue. I am using SKY LINK smart card. As the upgrade went OK and I want to watch any channel from SKY LINK package I am getting SCRAMBEED SERVICE message. Try to re-seat the card, rebot machine, still no luck. Going to Utillities-CAS, I can see that the card is inserted in slot 2, but there is message please wait and nothing is going on. Do I need to install anythuing to be able to use the card?

Thnaks,
Miro

Gaza
07-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Have you loaded a plug in yet if not your have to do that next

miro
07-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Have you loaded a plug in yet if not your have to do that next

No, I haven't. Where can I get the pug in and how can I load it?

Thanks,
Miro

darrellr
08-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Look in the 'tools and editors' subforum - download the nov4 plugin - put on USB stick - press red button when prompted - select MCAS and start.