PDA

View Full Version : National character set

maciek
06-11-2010, 11:31 AM
I have a problem to display properly Polish national characters in info box (titles of programs) adn in EPG in ICECRYPT S4000. In setup such charakters are displyed properly.
ARIVA 200 display INFO and EPG form the same programs without any problems. Is any so;ution to resolve it? Maybe I have to install additional fonts (including Polish characters)? Any Idea? Maybe someboy from Turkey, Germay etc has simmilar problems?

maciek
06-11-2010, 02:13 PM
SOLVED!

I just put arial.ttf fonts file from my Linux based PC to the subdir /var/font and set atial.ttf fonts in langue setup menu. WORKS!

plaskotki
08-11-2010, 10:02 AM
SOLVED!

I just put arial.ttf fonts file from my Linux based PC to the subdir /var/font and set atial.ttf fonts in langue setup menu. WORKS!
Yes, this can be annoying. Do you think I could find the font you mentioned somwhere else other than linux based pc which I don't have?

maciek
08-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Yes, this can be annoying. Do you think I could find the font you mentioned somwhere else other than linux based pc which I don't have?

Of course. From WINDOWS Font subdir. But Linux fonts are under GPL licence so You can copy and use it without problems.

Or You can download fonts from here:

http://www.fontspace.com/

plaskotki
08-11-2010, 11:19 AM
thanks for that. I have tried finding arial.ttf on the website you suggested but the search gave me 0 results. Have also tried copying the font file from the winXP subdir, but it not allowing me. Access denied... I might try on my other pc see if it will work.

maciek
08-11-2010, 11:47 AM
thanks for that. I have tried finding arial.ttf on the website you suggested but the search gave me 0 results. Have also tried copying the font file from the winXP subdir, but it not allowing me. Access denied... I might try on my other pc see if it will work.

Yes. You must have administrator rights to access font dir. Try to swich to administrator

plaskotki
08-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Will try later on this week. Thanks for your help.