PDA

View Full Version : router or laptop

big s
08-11-2010, 12:44 PM
just got a dm500s (i think its a clone) has every thing on it just needs conecting to the internet can i connect it to my laptop or does it have to run through a router to clear channels
thanks

jimrare
08-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Both

gerryl
08-11-2010, 05:14 PM
m8... DM wired (RJ45 Ethernet Cable) to router for internet connection...laptop can connect to DM via router wired/wireless will be needed to install settings.. etc...some useful tools in the DM section...have a look... enjoy

big s
09-11-2010, 05:42 PM
thanks guys will have to buy a router then as all i have is a cable modem
steve :)

jimrare
09-11-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure why you think you should get a router. Laptop connects to cable modem and dreambox connects to laptop. The restriction is whether your laptop can connect to the cable modem and at the dreambox at the same time. This can happen with 2 ways. 1) Your laptop connects wirelessly to the cable modem, and your dreambox with a wired connection to the laptop, 2) your laptop has 2 wired ethernet adapters so you connect 1 cable to your cable modem and 1 to your dreambox

big s
09-11-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm not sure why you think you should get a router. Laptop connects to cable modem and dreambox connects to laptop. The restriction is whether your laptop can connect to the cable modem and at the dreambox at the same time. This can happen with 2 ways. 1) Your laptop connects wirelessly to the cable modem, and your dreambox with a wired connection to the laptop, 2) your laptop has 2 wired ethernet adapters so you connect 1 cable to your cable modem and 1 to your dreambox

modem is not a wifi one has to connect through ethernet cable to laptop which only has 1 ethernet port
so if i buy a router i can use my laptop on wifi and connect the dm to router via ethernet cable
thanks steve :respect-069:

big s
11-11-2010, 10:11 PM
right here goes i have been to a*os today and got a router and plugged everything in and nothing just freeview black screen on all encrypted channels any ideas :banghead::banghead::banghead:
steve :respect-046:

best4less
12-11-2010, 12:45 AM
If your your routers is set up for DHCP ( most are set that way as default )
all you need to do is edit the dream settings

with the remote Push
Menu, Settings, System Settings, Network and edit those setting by ticking the DHCP and enable network and then click on save you should be done

And once you save it and go back it should full in all the details for you :)

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1809/osdshoty.png (http://img695.imageshack.us/i/osdshoty.png/)

Try and download a game through the dream and see if it downloads if it does your on the net

Hope that helps mate

cheers

big s
12-11-2010, 01:03 AM
If your your routers is set up for DHCP ( most are set that way as default )
all you need to do is edit the dream settings

with the remote Push
Menu, Settings, System Settings, Network and edit those setting by ticking the DHCP and then click on save you should be done

And once you save it and go back it should full in all the details for you :)

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1809/osdshoty.png (http://img695.imageshack.us/i/osdshoty.png/)

Try and download a game through the dream and see if it downloads if it does your on the net

Hope that helps mate

cheers

tried that as you stated and still black screens :frown::frown:
steve

best4less
12-11-2010, 01:33 AM
So can you download stuff through the dream ??

big s
12-11-2010, 01:19 PM

when i click into the game section it is just blank :banghead:
steve

big s
12-11-2010, 02:20 PM

hi im running image pli jade if this helps
just had another look and when i go into
set up
software management
downloads
games
it gives me a list of games when i click on any of them they down load to games in set up
when i click to play it says libfx2.so:cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory
any help on this would be great
thanks steve