PDA

View Full Version : finally got my toy 9000hd

grin2
08-11-2010, 08:37 PM
well actually it came at the end of last week and todays the first day ive had time to look. loaded the latest patch and keys and got some stuff working. am i right in thinking the spiderbox needs connecting to pc with an ethernet cable to receive service+. my tm was connected via null modem for updates and receive jsc sport. am i right that this wont work for above. and that only usb will update patches. suprised the usb slots are on the rear, not he easiest place to find them. overall box looks neat, and smaller than tm.

KES
08-11-2010, 08:50 PM
happy viewing m8
needs to be connected to router with ethernet cable or wireless bridge m8y
usb for softcam too

regards
kes
:respect-048:

john.dat
08-11-2010, 09:02 PM
well actually it came at the end of last week and todays the first day ive had time to look. loaded the latest patch and keys and got some stuff working. am i right in thinking the spiderbox needs connecting to pc with an ethernet cable to receive service+. my tm was connected via null modem for updates and receive jsc sport. am i right that this wont work for above. and that only usb will update patches. suprised the usb slots are on the rear, not he easiest place to find them. overall box looks neat, and smaller than tm.

Only updates with USB stick - connects to router with RJ45 cable or you can use 'Hot Plugs' - Only time the RS232 cable (null modem) is used is for emergency re-loading the recovery S/W . USB stick must be formatted to a FAT32 format - should be a short cable in the box which is a USB ext' cable, saves groping around the back of it .

I would read the guides on setting up (must be here) and you can use a channel list (current) by Billybitts or somebody else, add the free gift patch via USB, connect up to your Router, via menu, Networks, press 1111 and activate Service+

grin2
08-11-2010, 10:15 PM
thanks guys. set up by reading the threads and usb stick, but only got what i had using tm patches and keys. thats what made me think i must be missing something else for service + (like an internet connection).
found the short cable for usb. that will make life easier.and will search for billy bits channel list.

terry l
09-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Your right m8 to get the full potential of the spider you need to be connected to the net!..
I use home plug's [work's well]..Hope you enjoy your new toy..

Regard's,

terry.

echelon
09-11-2010, 08:20 AM
thanks guys. set up by reading the threads and usb stick, but only got what i had using tm patches and keys. thats what made me think i must be missing something else for service + (like an internet connection).
found the short cable for usb. that will make life easier.and will search for billy bits channel list.

or use the compass list , or any other suitable spiderbox HD list , and try the new via3 hack patch too