PDA

View Full Version : [B]Recheck Sensible Approach[B]

johnhenry
10-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Recheck Sensible approach Spiderbox is a brilliant receiver but i have found that if a problem arises after new patch best to be patient and recheck box again maybe next day before attempting to do repatch or any other forms of maintenance. My example Monday night had been out noticed DARKMAN patch around midnight when i returned home, put new patch on straight away. Sat down to enjoy new channels after i had got all up and running only to find i could not open nothing in Thor 0.8w Panic, could not think what i had done to cause this. Went to bed 2 am really ****ed off, next day while at work i worked out my plans for dealing with my situation that evening. After listening to local football team game on radio i turned Spiderbox on around 9.45 pm with plans in my head for resolving my Thor problem however decided to recheck my problem first before attempting repatch. Thor was working brilliant, receiption and brilliant picture on all channels no problem. What i think had happened is that maybe the transponder had been switched off for maintenance around 2 am in the morning. So rechecking was a blessing had a great nights viewing last night instead of problem solving.
Another tip is keeping memory stick tidy and renaming your channel list with your name and number hence John 1.udb if not you might make the same mistake as me when i uploaded what i thought was my channel list only to find it was the factory reset blank list i had some how deleted the original. Had so many files on my stick i got in a muddle. If you redo your list keep old one and rename the new list with your name John 2.udb saves alot of time and trouble. Best johnhenry.

ramjet
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Recheck Sensible approach Spiderbox is a brilliant receiver but i have found that if a problem arises after new patch best to be patient and recheck box again maybe next day before attempting to do repatch or any other forms of maintenance. My example Monday night had been out noticed DARKMAN patch around midnight when i returned home, put new patch on straight away. Sat down to enjoy new channels after i had got all up and running only to find i could not open nothing in Thor 0.8w Panic, could not think what i had done to cause this. Went to bed 2 am really ****ed off, next day while at work i worked out my plans for dealing with my situation that evening. After listening to local football team game on radio i turned Spiderbox on around 9.45 pm with plans in my head for resolving my Thor problem however decided to recheck my problem first before attempting repatch. Thor was working brilliant, receiption and brilliant picture on all channels no problem. What i think had happened is that maybe the transponder had been switched off for maintinance around 2 am in the morning. So rechecking was a blessing had a great nights viewing last night instead of problem solving.
Another tip is keeping memory stick tidy and renaming your channel list with your name and number hence John 1.udb if not you might make the same mistake as me when i uploaded what i thought was my channel list only to find it was the factory reset blank list i had some how deleted the original. Had so many files on my stick i got in a muddle. If you redo your list keep old one and rename the new list with your name John 2.udb saves alot of time and trouble. Best johnhenry.

me usb stick has a folder called spiderbox and inside it are folders with softcam, channel lists, firmware, backups, and anything else I can think of, and each foler may contain dated folders or other folder information to allow determination of what lies inside, this avoids any confusion due to everything being in its own folder

johnhenry
10-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks ramjet m8 you are correct reference the folders i was using them also but got a bit lazy some of my folders were like the spare draw everything thrown in a real mess just by adding name to .udb file would have saved me losing original channel list.