PDA

View Full Version : has anybody tried using virgin media card in s4000?

plaskotki
10-11-2010, 05:29 PM
I wonder if it would clear any channels. I have a skysports1 subscription on vmedia, but I cannot record on this box. It would be cool if the card cleared skysports 1 from 28.3E so I could record stuff. I don't want to try inserting the card in case it will get blocked or damaged. Anybody experimented with the vmedia genuine card?

ramjet
10-11-2010, 06:13 PM
I wonder if it would clear any channels. I have a skysports1 subscription on vmedia, but I cannot record on this box. It would be cool if the card cleared skysports 1 from 28.3E so I could record stuff. I don't want to try inserting the card in case it will get blocked or damaged. Anybody experimented with the vmedia genuine card?

completely different encryptions never mind anything else

plaskotki
11-11-2010, 10:17 AM
completely different encryptions never mind anything else
I know that sky and virgin are using different encription systems, but I thought that supposedly, as sky is giving virgin access to their programs, they might be decrypted by both sky and virgin cards. Just a theory...

ManikM
11-11-2010, 02:48 PM
the icecrypt is a satellite receiver - DVBS \ DVB-S2.

cable is DVB-C so you'd need different tuners in the Icecrypt (you can get them for the AZBOX)

the encryption is not so much the issue, i beleive cable is scrambled in Nagra3 now (boooo) so you'd just need a plugin that would read Nagra3 cards (assuming the Icecrypt could decode DVB-C - which currently it cannot.)

plaskotki
11-11-2010, 04:55 PM
the icecrypt is a satellite receiver - DVBS \ DVB-S2.

cable is DVB-C so you'd need different tuners in the Icecrypt (you can get them for the AZBOX)

the encryption is not so much the issue, i beleive cable is scrambled in Nagra3 now (boooo) so you'd just need a plugin that would read Nagra3 cards (assuming the Icecrypt could decode DVB-C - which currently it cannot.)

Thanks for your explanation. It would be to good, wouldn't it...