PDA

View Full Version : how do i remove HDFreaks bootloader (for E2)

ManikM
11-11-2010, 11:19 PM
when i try to use the HDflasher (1.19 or 1.21) i get "Error: NOT power offand contact _www.hdfreaks.cc

am i stuck with this bootloader?

can i not put the original back!?

ian51
11-11-2010, 11:56 PM
There is an option in the AAF Recovery Tool to restore the original bootloader. First time I did it I had to put the bootloader on a memory stick first and restore it from there, but you should be able to do it with ver 4.3.

ManikM
12-11-2010, 12:28 PM
my problem is when i run the ART it says WRONG HARDWARE DETECTION, although i get all the options light up.

i thought this message might be coming up because it was detecting a 3rd party, or NOT icecrypt bootloader, and it was detecting the HD Freaks one.

should the Icecrypt be 1.19 or 1.21 Bootloader.?

Thanks for your help!

ian51
12-11-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try:
First use the step by step instructions for installing Maxi U-boot from
h--p://***.aaf-board.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=41590. using ART 4.3.
This then by default converts your box to to Atevio AT7000. After you have done that you can the use ART to restore origin bootloader (it uses 1.21) and then use ART again to reset the re-seller id back to Icecrypt or Octagon. Hopefully you will then be back to a standard box.

ManikM
12-11-2010, 03:14 PM
thanks cool dude Ian.

I'll see what happens...

out of interest - if i install a Atevio 7000 bootloader? would my box still boot up to the normal icecrypt f/w

ian51
12-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Yes the Atevio bootloader loads Icecrypt. I think it's the Fortis bootloader and its used in all the boxes. Just remember to set the re-seller id to Icecrypt.
If you do want to play arround you can change the id to to Octagon and then try the Octagon FW (it uses 1018 code instead of 1407 for menu overrides).
If you use recovery image in ART 4.3 it will install ver 1.08.52 for Atevio and looks almost the same as Icecrypt. I have tried them all and none of them is perfect for 28.2 because of no decent EPG. Atevio and Octagon have working EPG on 19.2.

ManikM
12-11-2010, 10:46 PM
hi mate,

the ART tool i have says:

If you need to flash back your brands original bootloader (i.e. Octagon), you need
download the “ubootflasherOrg.app” file designed for your model and copy it into the
ART program directory.

is there an icecrypt one.

all i want to do is run the AAF image from a usb stick?

should it be this difficult.

can i do this leaving the hd freak.cc bootloader on?

or do i need to get the original u-boot app for an icecrypt from somewhere, to flash the bootloader back to original first, before i can attempt to boot the AAF E2 image (from stick)

cheers!

i dont want to proceed and bugger my box (a few years ago i would have without caring much - lol, im more cautious now in my old age!)

ian51
13-11-2010, 12:23 AM
I have only ever run E2 from flash and not USB, but I think you have to install Maxi bootloader if you want to run E2 from USB. I never managed to find Icecrypt ubootflasherOrg.app so I just use the one inside ART.
From my point of view I haven't found E2 or original FW that does the job well enough yet. I'm currently trying the latest AAF E2, but I'm still trying to configure it properly.

ManikM
13-11-2010, 01:17 AM
hi mate, im all sorted now.

what is the latest AAF image?

ian51
13-11-2010, 01:24 AM
hi mate, im all sorted now.

what is the latest AAF image?

AAF Media Center edition 7000. Its available to download on AAF site.

ManikM
13-11-2010, 11:36 AM
hi mate got it - i find the menus quicker in this image, than the hot summer image.

was it you that was saying you were having trouble getting the other tuner to work?

have you set it to whether its loopthrough, or 2nd cable from LNB ?

ian51
13-11-2010, 02:26 PM
At the moment I'm just using loop through, but my problems are with the menus just hanging sometimes. Maybe I'll try loading the USB image instead of the flash version. Which one are you using?

ManikM
13-11-2010, 07:05 PM
usb one mate, looks good, im quite liking it tbh.