PDA

View Full Version : New firmware losing settings

dizz
15-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Anyone else losing their settings when turning their box on?

chris217
15-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Yes, but only when doing a cold boot. It suddenly started happening for no obvious reason. Every time it happens the box generates a core dump file.

ManikM
15-11-2010, 05:53 PM
this box gets on my ****.

it CANNOT be relied on.

Gaza
15-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Anyone else losing their settings when turning their box on?

Not to sure what you mean lose settings ihave done 3 of them and they do not lose the setting not motorised though the only thing i get cheesed off about is the freezing no response from the remote have to reboot

ManikM
15-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Not to sure what you mean lose settings ihave done 3 of them and they do not lose the setting not motorised though the only thing i get cheesed off about is the freezing no response from the remote have to reboot

i havent had that since .52 software mate, or the f/w before.

you have to think about if its the plugins causing it.

i use MCAS, so i always download the latest one (from octagon club site) after installing the latest f/w

also, i turn off timeshift, as i never use it, and you cant record the buffer anyway if halfway thru a program i might want to watch

dizz
15-11-2010, 09:02 PM
NO altered settings save for me, eg the additional recording time before/after programs, last channel watched, subtitle settings....

This did happen on one of the previous firmwares, but I'm not that happy with this firmware the box feels flakey and unreliable. Plus I don't want to spend 10 minutes every time I put it on getting it how I like it.

darrellr
15-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Hope I'm not telling you how to suck eggs but it has been said before that you should do a factory reset after upgrade as the way settings are stored differs from release to release.

Perhaps a solution?

ManikM
15-11-2010, 11:04 PM
yer and b4 doing so, u can save channels lists\timers, but doing a transfer system data, and service data to memory stick, then import them back afterwards

Gaza
16-11-2010, 02:20 AM
NO altered settings save for me, eg the additional recording time before/after programs, last channel watched, subtitle settings....

This did happen on one of the previous firmwares, but I'm not that happy with this firmware the box feels flakey and unreliable. Plus I don't want to spend 10 minutes every time I put it on getting it how I like it.

i have never used Mcas i always have used X Cam for Card sharing iuse a commercial server running 52 firmware i have found this to be the best yet just the problem non response of the remote

ManikM
16-11-2010, 03:26 PM
i have never used Mcas i always have used X Cam for Card sharing iuse a commercial server running 52 firmware i have found this to be the best yet just the problem non response of the remote

Why dont u stop the plugin reboot, and see if it still hangs

if it does.

try doing that AND disable timeshift.

buck401
16-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Iīm running the latest f/w and plugin (Mcas). After doing all the settings I use

`Save system settings` and havenīt had a problem.