PDA

View Full Version : Lost nilesat after replacing motor!

duffman
18-11-2010, 01:09 PM
I have upgraded my system, I had an echostar 3600 and a 1.1m Triax dish run by a jack motor (actutor type), I used to get both nilesat and Arabsat (Badr), I live in west London, ok nilesat was off during bad weather but it was watchable in good weather.

I now have a spiderbox combo with same 1.1m Triax dish run by metalgear darkmotor, nilesat have disappeard ie 0% signal and quality, the motor was fitted by a friend who got the special expensive satfinder meter for finding satellites and I was told by him that it is not possible to have both and he doesn't believe that i had nilesat and Badr together, so he set it up recieving Badr only.

My question is as I know for sure that it is possible to have both, what can I do to get it back? as I am new to usals and disecq. and I have no meter. I would love to have nilesat back any help is appreciated

TJLOWE1
18-11-2010, 02:16 PM
yes... OF COURSE YOU CAN GET BOTH SATS, altho in winter 7w is tricky, (V's ok during the day, H's mainly only at night,) I'M NO EXPERT BUT IT SOUUNDS LIKE YOUR DISH ISN'T SET UP CORRECTLY, try moving your dish slightly upwards or downwards, (goto 1w to get the best signal) you only have to be out a little to loose 7w.
(11938V on 7w, currently getting 48%,in cloudy conditions, cm 1.8, Stoke on Trent )

TJ