PDA

View Full Version : locking up box - a fix?

ManikM
19-11-2010, 12:01 AM
im sure this problem is down to timeshift, ive put the latest octagon software on, with timeshift enabled (and id factory reset it) and today my box hung while i was at work

normally i have timeshift off (on icecrypt f/w) and it doesnt lock up....so im pretty sure it is down to the timeshift.

ManikM
19-11-2010, 10:36 PM
mmmmmmmm, it froze today with timeshift OFF!!! (octagon software)

mine hadnt froze on the icecrypt software for ages - back to icecrypt f/w for me.

plaskotki
22-11-2010, 10:22 AM
mmmmmmmm, it froze today with timeshift OFF!!! (octagon software)

mine hadnt froze on the icecrypt software for ages - back to icecrypt f/w for me.

Hi what do you mean by freezing? Does it not respond at all? What happens to mine after I uploaded latest plugin is that when I want to turn it off it says 'wait off' but the box doesn't go into standby mode. If I press ok, it switches itself on again. This is both with the remote and the button on the box. I have to turn it off/on with the mains switch. When it booted, then I can turn it of using remote. Will this box ever work properly!!! I start loosing hope :banghead:

ManikM
22-11-2010, 11:29 AM
it freezes - i.e no remote response - cannot change channel\ get to menus.

altho pressing the standby button does turn it off, BUT sometimes it doesnt respond and its an off and on job (switch at the back)