PDA

View Full Version : LNB Fitting Question

snapperoonie
21-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Hi Guys,
Today i replaced my old Mti Blueline LNB with a new Inverto Black Ultra, this is the first time i have fitted a new type LNB with the pull down shroud, in the past i have always sealed the F connector with self amalgamating tape but this is not possible on the Inverto so after some reasearch i sprayed the connector with an aerosol silicon grease with PTFE from a well known high street electronics dealer
My questions are :-
1.) Is this the right stuff?
2.) How long does it last?
The reason i ask is as an engineer, at work, i use Moly grease, Copper grease, and Aluminium grease i admit as high pressure lubricants but this stuff seams almost like WD40 in comparison and i am worried that i have used the wrong stuff.
Regards,
snapperoonie.
PS Sorry for the link, didn't realise these were considered competitors to our sponsers

simon 2003
21-11-2010, 02:27 AM
dunno how long it will last mate but should do the job although the pull down shroud should be sufficient i know we get driving rain sometimes that can go up but doubt would be enough to cause ingress

snapperoonie
21-11-2010, 03:46 PM
It seems i have used the correct stuff then:woohoo-022: and have read elsewhere that it should last for 12 months which is no problem because my dish is on a ground stand in the garden.:hurray::hurray:
snapperoonie.