PDA

View Full Version : ip settings 90000hd

williamtell
21-11-2010, 03:16 PM
hi chaps, just of late my spider has been playing up, any suggestions please,
i keep losing my ip settings and i have rows of 0000,s on the server, dns etc i have spider plugs set up which are not that far apart, this seems to have happened since i installed latest patch and f/reset for new viahack, its pretty intermittent and annoying, my isp is not that good but i didnt have any problems until recently, it does reset itself but after long periods of waiting.:eek:

proteus
21-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Hello M8, I too had sh*tloads of trouble with a similar issue, put your ip settings in manually and it should be ok........Regards N.

williamtell
21-11-2010, 03:54 PM
whats the point if they auto-update from router, gonna revert back to original patch from sponser.

proteus
21-11-2010, 04:01 PM
My problem was box wouldnt auto-update from new router, so I used routerlogin to get the Ip Nos I needed and set it manually, now all working fine..........Regards N.

williamtell
21-11-2010, 05:10 PM
that didnt help re old patch:redface:

proteus
21-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Try this M8.........it is a c/p......In the event that Auto does not work, and your router is not using DHCP to assign an IP to your spiderbox, you need to fo the following.

Go to a PC connected to your router.

Click on Start - Run
enter the word cmd in the popup box and click ok

When the dos box opens up, after the C-prompt (C:\ etc.) tyoe ipconfig and press enter

You will see the information you need there in the form

IP address 192.168.aaa.xxx
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.aaa.xyz

aaa and xxyz are numbers only.

The default gateway is the router address.
Do not use different digits from the aaa part for any IP on your network, they will always be the same 3 digits. Normally 001 or 000, but sometimes 002.

You can now assign an IP manually to your spiderbox using the manual setting described above.
To test for a vacant IP number

Pick a number 192.168.aaa.xyz and at the C:\ prompt, type

ping 192.168.aaa.xyz

If you get the message "Request timed out", then that IP is unised and you can assign it to your spiderbox.

This is about as clear as this can get, so use the Auto if at all possible. The other option is get the relevant info from routerlogin.........Regards N.

williamtell
21-11-2010, 09:58 PM
cant fathom this, my last number on ip line changes from 64 to 65 when i change to auto having entered 64 manually, does this have a bearing on connection.