PDA

View Full Version : SpiderBox 9000 HD quick questions.

highway1
28-11-2010, 01:00 PM
thinking of updating box to a SpiderBox 9000 HD .
using a humax 2000 which is years old so time to update.

1) have a diablo 2 cam so would it better ? due to nag3 etc dark days now .

2) does it have freezing pictures when using softcam files.

3) there is 2-3 models out .

a) unsure are they twin tuner (satellites)
b) single one only satellite tuner
c) watch and record 1 channel? bbc 1 watch record bbc 2 or more channels recording all so ?

thanks for help

tr8.
28-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Have had a Spiderbox for a year now.
I do not have diablo 2 no need
I do not get freezing with the softcam. ( but I use my own with only the sats I want)
You may get odd freezing with gift but this is more likely to be a internet issue rather than box, as I get the same issue occasionaly on my TM9100 with freinds.
There are 3 box's, SD, HD, and HD with Terrestial tuner but not T2 for uk so not UK HD terrestial.
Only has one sat tuner in all so can only watch / record 1 sat channel.
That is why I have more than 1 dish and reciever. Great options.
You could get a twin LNB and keep your Humax as well

Friendly-Face
28-11-2010, 04:16 PM
1) have a diablo 2 cam so would it better ? due to nag3 etc dark days now .

No need for a Diablo cam but if you like to use one there is no problem with the combination Diablo / Spiderbox, they work good

2) does it have freezing pictures when using softcam files.

Nope no freeze at all as long as you know what to do, use the right files and softcams and you are safe as sound

3) there is 2-3 models out .

There are 4 models out now, Spiderbox 5000, 7000, 9000 and 9000 TS

a) unsure are they twin tuner (satellites)

there are no Twint tuners, only Combo Spiderbox 9000 Sat and Terresial

c) watch and record 1 channel? bbc 1 watch record bbc 2 or more channels recording all so ?

can record the channel you see, to say the truth have not tested this so i beter lett someone else test it and report back

markinstien
28-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I too can vouch for previous posters answers, as someone who has struggled against ever decreasing channels with the combo of TM6900HD and Diablo 2, I am extremely chuffed with my 9000HD, single tuner is fine by me as any clash with a movie or programme can be caught again there are just so many channels,and most pay viewing content rolls over,Freezing, well it does occasionally, and so seldom that it is really of little consequence. I had been waiting for the DM 800HD upgrade but I could be still waiting until next season, and as somone who has little to share there seems no point! Timer recordings, just done one no problem , Auto set up for router had to be input manualy which was childsplay 2 min job, even plays old SD files recorded by Technomate I personally dont require Terrestrial tuner Just programmed Spiderbox remote for my Sony Bravia codes in Spiderbox manual to me its the best pound for pound piece of kit I have ever bought!
NB You can record 1 channeland watch another if on same transponder ie record BBC1 watch BBC4 Record ITV1 watch ITV2 ITV4 or CITV for example but not if they are encrypted i think.