PDA

View Full Version : Help with Enigma images

darrellr
06-12-2010, 02:41 PM
I've installed the Maxiboot loader using v4.3 of AAF and I've used the Maxiboot installer 0.7 to create three partitions on a USB stick and installed two images (Media Centre and Hot Summer).

So ...... How do I boot into these images!! I press the up button to interrupt boot and the display swaps from "--flash--" to "Bootdesc" but the only thing that I can boot to is the standard image. I suspect they are not being mounted ????

All help appreciated!

darrellr
13-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I think I've discovered my problem. I failed to write default bootargs to the box using ART 4.3.

Unfortunately I've returned the laptop with a 'real' serial port to its owner and so can't do anything about it :(

I've bought 3 serial/usb cables so far and all three fail to work with my Lenovo/Dell laptops :(

ManikM
13-12-2010, 02:44 PM
when you say youve tried 3 serial\usb cables - do you mean USB -> Serial adapters?

i use one fine on my laptop.

are the drivers installed - if you goto device manager, is a com port showing up?

darrellr
14-12-2010, 01:43 AM
when you say youve tried 3 serial\usb cables - do you mean USB -> Serial adapters?

i use one fine on my laptop.

are the drivers installed - if you goto device manager, is a com port showing up?

I do. I've got 2 Thinkpads and a Dell notebook all running windows 7 64-bit and a spare drive I switch in one of the thinkpads which has XP on.

No joy with any of them. I can install the drivers - I get the COM port and all of them interrupt the boot sequence but none of them actually communicate.

I've tried alternate drivers but get a code '10' and no Com Port.

I've ordered a port replicator for the T400 which should do the trick.

darrellr
15-12-2010, 09:45 PM
I got the port replicator and took 10 seconds to set the args.

Now up and running

ManikM
15-12-2010, 09:53 PM
glad its sorted

star777
03-02-2015, 12:18 AM
hi darrell can you give a guide on how you installed am looking forward to install enigma 2 images but not sure on how to do it thanks