PDA

View Full Version : Open tv epg ...

ManikM
07-12-2010, 02:13 AM
collecting epg data...

what channel should i be on for this to work,im on channel 4, and it just shows "collecting epg data..." with no progress

what am i doing wrong?

LOL this sodding box!

buck401
07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Loaded the latest f/w this morning as per instructions regarding storing system data
etc.
Open TV epg loaded OK apart from missing out a complete day! (Thursday). Still playing
about with it to see what other issues (if any) pop up.

ManikM
07-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Loaded the latest f/w this morning as per instructions regarding storing system data
etc.
Open TV epg loaded OK apart from missing out a complete day! (Thursday). Still playing
about with it to see what other issues (if any) pop up.

can you explain what you mean.

you went to EPG, and then chose the OPEN EPG as opposed to MPHEG - mine just said "collecting epg data..."

i think im missing a trick.

buck401
07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
My dish is fixed on 28deg E. I chose Open TV and selected the one page option which
populated the six services on display.

Using the epg, recordings are recording and , so far, playing back.

ManikM
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
how long did it take mate, and what channel was yuo on?

buck401
07-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Sky news. About one minute for each page of six channels. I´ve grouped my top used
thirty channels together so that it takes about six minutes to populate them with
the 7 day epg.

Midnight R
07-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Not working for me!

buck401
07-12-2010, 05:44 PM
I`m only running the .65 F/W and the Plugin 22NOV2010.

ManikM
07-12-2010, 08:15 PM
ok, but the .65 includes the OPENTV EPG

buck401
07-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Yes.

ManikM
07-12-2010, 11:36 PM
LOL your missing the point mate. (or i am)

the new firmware should eliminate the need for the plugin, its built in....

or do you need the plugin AS WELL...if so that IS NOT CLEAR!!!!

(maybe the new f/w uses the plugin when activated)

i dont know

buck401
08-12-2010, 11:53 AM
As far as i can see the .65 f/w on this site has the OPEN TV epg whilst the .65 f/w
on the Official ICECRYPT site has not. I left the plugin on the machine when I did
the f/w upgrade. I only use the plugin for Mcas with a card.

Hope this is a bit clearer.

ManikM
08-12-2010, 12:51 PM
so which f/w are you using - this site, or official - also which plugin are u running the 22NOV one yeah?

i tried that, and it still doesnt work.

says briefly "tuning to EPG TP" then "collecting EPG data"
and nothing more.

buck401
08-12-2010, 01:46 PM
This site. The plugin also runs on this f/w.
1. Access EGG via blue EPG button.
2.Access express epg via blue button.
3.Select OPEN TV.
4 Select òne page`.
5 Sit in chair and watch "tuning to epg tp" followed by "collecting epg data" and the green progress line moving to the right. You will also see a line appearing under the
name of the 6 channels that are being populated.
6 When the population is complete the mini-screen in the corner will show the channel
you are tuned to.

All of this on 28deg E.

Good luck.

ColdAsICE
08-12-2010, 02:32 PM
This site. The plugin also runs on this f/w.
1. Access EGG via blue EPG button.
2.Access express epg via blue button.
3.Select OPEN TV.
4 Select òne page`.
5 Sit in chair and watch "tuning to epg tp" followed by "collecting epg data" and the green progress line moving to the right. You will also see a line appearing under the
name of the 6 channels that are being populated.
6 When the population is complete the mini-screen in the corner will show the channel
you are tuned to.

All of this on 28deg E.

Good luck.

"Buck" what loader version are you running?
I seem to be having an issue with the OpenTV EPG it works great just after a factory reset even after a system data recovery but after a few hours it seems to **** out.
It loses all the previously collected info and refuses to populate(actually collect any info)any more.
"ManikM" Try doing a factory reset and then a system data restore. You will see that the OpenTv EPG works after that but not for long. I need to find out why so I can get it sorted. That's the lump in this firmware release but we are getting there.....slowly.

By the way all versions of firmware(here or anywhere else) are the same now.

buck401
08-12-2010, 03:25 PM
ICE,

Loader L1. 21
H/W version FS 9000.100
Application version API Nov 2 2010
Data version FDU v1.03

I didn`t do any factory resets but did a system save followed by saving the system
and service data to a USB.
Then I loaded the new f/w from this site having left the plugin in place on the machine.
Then I transfered the system and service data from the USB to the machine.
The epg loaded without any trouble. It works OK using it for recording overnight and
it was still OK in the morning. It disappears if the machine locks out for any reason
either from standby or power on/off.

I am only populating some thirty channels at any time on the machine.

Hoe this helps

buck401
08-12-2010, 03:52 PM
ICE,

Forgot to mention that the epg misses out all of Thursday when loaded today

ManikM
09-12-2010, 10:25 AM
does it do it today now that its thursday?

buck401
09-12-2010, 11:05 AM
No! It missed out today (Thursday) and merrily went on and filled in Friday to Wednesday.

Apart from that, it`s nearly perfect!!
Playing with ths machine is better than watching television (lol)

ColdAsICE
09-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I am testing the lastest beta update of OpenTV EPG Corrections and it seems to working OK at the moment.
Even has Thursdays in it? and it has not hung up its boots after a few hours.
Might actually be getting there at last but have I spoken to soon again????
Only time will tell but its the best one so far.
Keep your fingers crossed Guys

darrellr
09-12-2010, 01:26 PM
I am testing the lastest beta update of OpenTV EPG Corrections and it seems to working OK at the moment.

Happy to beta test too as off work sick and quite bored :(

PM me and I'll test.

buck401
09-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Ditto but retired ditto.

buck401
09-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Even has Thursdays in it? and it has not hung up its boots after a few hours.
Might actually be getting there at last but have I spoken to soon again????
Only time will tell but its the best one so far.
Keep your fingers crossed Guys

Just loaded up 6 channels epg and it loaded half of next Thursday!

Fingers still crossed

ManikM
09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
is that with the new BETA, COLD mentioned ?

ColdAsICE
09-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Yes it is and its still working so we might soon have a green light to an official release version.
Its still a pain having to download a page(6 channels) of 7day EPG at a time but it is much better than nothing.

ColdAsICE
09-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Please note that up to 125 channels of 7 day EPG can be stored so just scan in your fav channels for a week at a time.

buck401
09-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Looking forward to the official release with anticipation

ManikM
09-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Yes it is and its still working so we might soon have a green light to an official release version.
Its still a pain having to download a page(6 channels) of 7day EPG at a time but it is much better than nothing.

ColdAsIce (is that your real name? LOL) can you please PM me with the BETA also, (along with some instructions)

Ta mate.

plaskotki
10-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I,ve got the same problem as ManikM. and also when I try to add channel to favourite list or add a recording and want to switch the STB to standby I get the message: Wait OFF on the STB display and nothing happens... If I turn it off at the back and reboot it, all the added channels and programmed recordings are gone. I am running .65 F/W, have the 22Nov MCAS plugin on and have done the system restore after upgrading the F/W. Any tips?

Midnight R
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
New FW seems to have sorted everything out.

Open tv working really well for me now!

ColdAsICE
10-12-2010, 12:19 PM
If you guys haven't noticed the Modified v1.08.65 (it is dated the 10thDEC)is now in the firmware section.
Let me know how you find the OpenTV EPG.

buck401
10-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Loaded nicely - including next Thursday!

I will give it a strenuous workout this afternoon. Really pleased so far.

ManikM
10-12-2010, 02:48 PM
excellent i;ll give it a go this afternoon

ManikM
10-12-2010, 02:49 PM
If you guys haven't noticed the Modified v1.08.65 (it is dated the 10thDEC)is now in the firmware section.
Let me know how you find the OpenTV EPG.

is it worth renaming it to .65a or something to avoid confusion?

samylyes2304
10-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I,ve got the same problem as ManikM. and also when I try to add channel to favourite list or add a recording and want to switch the STB to standby I get the message: Wait OFF on the STB display and nothing happens... If I turn it off at the back and reboot it, all the added channels and programmed recordings are gone. I am running .65 F/W, have the 22Nov MCAS plugin on and have done the system restore after upgrading the F/W. Any tips?

I too have the same problem, only i have firm .52.
Please help me if you have solved your problem, or if any one else have any clues ?

ManikM
10-12-2010, 06:43 PM
I too have the same problem, only i have firm .52.
Please help me if you have solved your problem, or if any one else have any clues ?

update your f/w to the latest 10dec.

ManikM
10-12-2010, 09:38 PM
it works!!!

samylyes2304
11-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Thaks ManikM, i updated, it worked fine at first, but now it still says Wait Off when i turn it off, and when i turn it off with the On/OFF switch the channel and plugins modification is canceled.

plaskotki
12-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Thaks ManikM, i updated, it worked fine at first, but now it still says Wait Off when i turn it off, and when i turn it off with the On/OFF switch the channel and plugins modification is canceled.

Similar problem here. I have tried changing the standby setting as adviced, but ant time I change any setting or set a timer manually or from epg and want to turn the STB off it goes into this wait mode and if i use the button at the back, it looses all the timers and changes. And what's worse-I cannot upgrade the f/w version .65 to 10Dec as the process freezes at 50%! I tried going to an older f/w version, but the same happens. I did factory reset, but it made no change. Can anybody help me to resolve this problem, please? I would really appreciate some help.

Gaza
12-12-2010, 12:13 PM
you should have left it i thougth the same went out for a cig it was carrying on when i got back

Gaza
12-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Where as the epg does give you the program details the info button is still now and next info its not that iam complaining just comment

samylyes2304
12-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Similar problem here. I have tried changing the standby setting as adviced, but ant time I change any setting or set a timer manually or from epg and want to turn the STB off it goes into this wait mode and if i use the button at the back, it looses all the timers and changes. And what's worse-I cannot upgrade the f/w version .65 to 10Dec as the process freezes at 50%! I tried going to an older f/w version, but the same happens. I did factory reset, but it made no change. Can anybody help me to resolve this problem, please? I would really appreciate some help.

When i wanted to update i had the same probleme, so i used AAF Recovery Tool to restore and then when i updated it worked .
But i still have the "WAIT OFF" problem, so i don't think it's the solution.

plaskotki
13-12-2010, 10:29 AM
When i wanted to update i had the same probleme, so i used AAF Recovery Tool to restore and then when i updated it worked .

Hi there, I looked at the AAF recovery tool manuals, but it looks too technical for me. Is there any othew way of doing this? I don't even have the required cables...

plaskotki
21-12-2010, 11:12 PM

Hi there-would you be kind enough to let me know step-by-step how you did it, please? I have the cable now-usb-serial as I don't have an access to a pc with serial. I must be a bit thick as I am trying to understand the pdf instructions, but I am very worried that I will mess something up... all I need to do is-I want to update the f/w to the one from 10Dec to get the epg working. The upload process from usb gets stuck at 50% no matter how long I wait. I would really appreciate if somebody could post a step-by-step guide for dummies how to flash f/w :) Thanks.

plaskotki
22-12-2010, 10:46 AM
I have tried using porter express but it fails to open the port.

darrellr
22-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi there-would you be kind enough to let me know step-by-step how you did it, please? I have the cable now-usb-serial as I don't have an access to a pc with serial. I must be a bit thick as I am trying to understand the pdf instructions, but I am very worried that I will mess something up... all I need to do is-I want to update the f/w to the one from 10Dec to get the epg working. The upload process from usb gets stuck at 50% no matter how long I wait. I would really appreciate if somebody could post a step-by-step guide for dummies how to flash f/w :) Thanks.

I tried 3 USB to Serial cables and none work. I had to get the docking station for my laptop to get a working serial connection to work.

More to the point I wouldn't mess about. I'd return the receiver under warranty as these are official firmware upgrades and if they don't work then the receivers should be fixed under warranty.

plaskotki
22-12-2010, 04:26 PM
I tried 3 USB to Serial cables and none work. I had to get the docking station for my laptop to get a working serial connection to work.

More to the point I wouldn't mess about. I'd return the receiver under warranty as these are official firmware upgrades and if they don't work then the receivers should be fixed under warranty.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will talk to Icecrypt, but I am just wondering if there is another, fairly simple way of restoring the firmware. Samylyes2304 has managed to sort it, hopefully he'll be able to provide us with detailed guidance as it worked for him.

darrellr
22-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. I will talk to Icecrypt, but I am just wondering if there is another, fairly simple way of restoring the firmware. Samylyes2304 has managed to sort it, hopefully he'll be able to provide us with detailed guidance as it worked for him.

Not my business i know but if you mess with the bootloader then you are risking your warranty.

plaskotki
22-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Not my business i know but if you mess with the bootloader then you are risking your warranty.
I know. I will know the answer hopefully tomorrow if this is covered by the warranty or not. But still it would be useful if somebody who did it could post a step-by-step guide as the ones that are available now are not too clear. Not to me anyway.

samylyes2304
22-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Sorry for the delay in my response, this how you restore: (i'm not an expert in this so if something is wrong i'm sorry this just how I did it)
1-you need AAF recovery Tool, a network and a serial cable
2-connect your Receiver to the Computer with both network and serial cables
3-Launch AAF recovery tool and enter the IP for the reciver (>Ip-Address) and the PC(>Server IP)
4-Make sure the COM port is right then press "connect" and Turn OFF then ON your receiver
5-Click "Read Mac from receiver" then "Read", and "Save"
6-Now we can move to the "Recovery Image" Tab and press "Start"
7-Now you wait it takes some time then a pop up will show up "Recovery image installed" press "OK" then "BOOT".

Your receiver will boot and if you go to the System Information panel you will see that it says "Av 700HD"

If you want to convert it back to the icecrypt you need to:
1- Do the first 5 steps.
2- go to the "Resseller ID" tab
3- In the Change Reseller Section Look for the Icecrypt then press "Set reseller ID"

And that's it now you can put the last f/w version for the icecrypt and hope that the "Wait Off" problem will not return.

PS: If you don't find the Icecrypt in the list you need to tick the manual change box and enter it manually but i'm sorry i don't know it.
PS2: I'm sorry for my bad english (i'm not english)

plaskotki
23-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Sorry for the delay in my response, this how you restore: (i'm not an expert in this so if something is wrong i'm sorry this just how I did it)
1-you need AAF recovery Tool, a network and a serial cable
2-connect your Receiver to the Computer with both network and serial cables
3-Launch AAF recovery tool and enter the IP for the reciver (>Ip-Address) and the PC(>Server IP)
4-Make sure the COM port is right then press "connect" and Turn OFF then ON your receiver
5-Click "Read Mac from receiver" then "Read", and "Save"
6-Now we can move to the "Recovery Image" Tab and press "Start"
7-Now you wait it takes some time then a pop up will show up "Recovery image installed" press "OK" then "BOOT".

Your receiver will boot and if you go to the System Information panel you will see that it says "Av 700HD"

If you want to convert it back to the icecrypt you need to:
1- Do the first 5 steps.
2- go to the "Resseller ID" tab
3- In the Change Reseller Section Look for the Icecrypt then press "Set reseller ID"

And that's it now you can put the last f/w version for the icecrypt and hope that the "Wait Off" problem will not return.

PS: If you don't find the Icecrypt in the list you need to tick the manual change box and enter it manually but i'm sorry i don't know it.
PS2: I'm sorry for my bad english (i'm not english)
Thanks samylyes2304. I will try it as soon as I can, which probably will be after Xmas. Will let you know how it went.
PS.I am not English either. Your English is good! Nothing to worry about.
Merry Xmas!

plaskotki
23-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Guys-have a look at this thread from the German forum (in English):
http://aaf-board.com/wbb2/thread.php?postid=635024#post6350 24
Has any of you suceeded doing this with serial-to-usb cable?

samylyes2304
23-12-2010, 03:21 PM
I flashed mine with a serial cable so i can't help you there.

ColdAsICE
23-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Serial cable with a real serial port computer is the only way I'm afraid.

ManikM
23-12-2010, 04:35 PM
i changed the bootloader and can use aaf recovery tool using a usb -> serial adapter

plaskotki
23-12-2010, 04:43 PM
i changed the bootloader and can use aaf recovery tool using a usb -> serial adapter
How did you manage to do this? What bootloader version are you using with serial/usb?

ManikM
23-12-2010, 08:34 PM
i have a dell latitude d410, and a m4p-lins usb->serial converter -which gives me a com4 port

i meant maxi u bootloader mate

plaskotki
29-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Serial cable with a real serial port computer is the only way I'm afraid.
I have tried with the serial to serial cable. No joy...

Have tried porter-express with no joy (failed open port message)
I have installed Microsoft.NET 3.5
AAF recovery (tried 2 different versions) is not able to connect to STB. It gets stuck with 'loader 1.21' message on the fron panel.
tried disabling antivirus and firewall-no joy
tried the above with 2 different computers

The STB is connected to the internet with the network cable.
I also have tried talking to Icecrypt people, but the tech guys were not available just before Christmas.

I have tried so follow the above instructions provided by sammy, but got nowhere. The receiver is working, but I cannot get the EPG for 28.2 Astra and cannot save added channels as I get the wait off message and nothing will happen unless I power off the stb with the switch at the back, but all the changes get lost!
Any ideas where I could be going wrong????

samylyes2304
29-12-2010, 10:26 AM
i think the reciever should be connected to the PC with the Serial cable AND the network cable.

plaskotki
29-12-2010, 11:13 AM
i think the reciever should be connected to the PC with the Serial cable AND the network cable.
Yes, this is what I've done. The STB-PC via serial and STB-Router via ethernet and STB-router via ethernet. All at the same time.

plaskotki
02-01-2011, 01:20 AM
samylyes2304-I have managed to upload the latest firmware using serial and porter. I can get the epg ok, but the wait off problem is still there. My worry is that I cannot edit favourites and I guess when the channels change or new channels are added, I will not be able to do anything! I am thinking of using the AAF recovery, but I am just worried that as it is for atevio, my icecrypt may not work properly. Also what about my channel list and favourites, and plugins. Will it all work with the atevio f/w??? Have you got icecrypt or atevio? Also, have you found a solution to the 'wait off' issue? I have tried changing the standby setting in av options, as suggested by somebody but that has not changed anything. Anybody has the same problem?

samylyes2304
02-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I think that your plugins and channels lists will work for the atevio f/w, but i am not 100% sure.
I have another clone of the atevio (Korean brand i think) but now it's working with an atevio f/w.
As of the "Wait Off" Problem i don't know what make it go away but it's gone for now.
Sorry i'm not that much of a help.

plaskotki
03-01-2011, 09:39 PM
thanks samylyes2304. I have read somewhere that the plugins should work ok, but that changing the av to icecrypt is a bit more technical as aaf recovery does not support it straight away... I think to read a bit more before attempting aaf recovery. I need to know the risks etc. I know that I would probably loose the warranty.