PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox and Slingbox

kenny
08-12-2010, 02:28 PM
My Spiderbox is connected to my Lan via a wireless access point (which has only one ethernet port) and it works fine. I have just bought a Slingbox HD PRO and, since my router is some distance away, wanted to connect to my Lan by the same method. Disconnecting the Spiderbox, the Slingbox connected fine to my lan and I am able to stream pictures both within the lan to pc or iPad, and also onto the Internet.

Obviously, I need to connect both devices to my lan, so I connected an ethernet hub to the access point to permit me to do this.

However, whilst the configuration appears to work fine if I (a) watch a Service+ channel on my normal TV or (b) watch a clear channel via the Slingbox - if I try to watch a Service+ channel via the Slingbox , I lose picture on the Spiderbox, and obviously also on the Slingplayer. Presumably there is some contention between the 2 devices.

Does anyone have this configuration working, or have any suggestions? I wonder if it's possible to replace my access point with one with more than one ethernet port, and if such a device exists whether this would work better than my sigle port acces point plus hub. Otherwise, I suppose I could use powerline ethernet adaptors for either the Spiderbox or the Slingbox.

dcselec
08-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Buy one of these for the spider

https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Vonets-VAP11G-USB-WiFi-Bridge-IEEE-802.11b-g.html

Use the access point for the slingbox all should be well :king-041: