PDA

View Full Version : hdd vanishes

wonderbar1uk
17-12-2010, 08:53 PM
had problems with hard drive,sometimes vanishes and have to reboot,thus losing epg aswell,then today tried to record on timer and it said error recording ,hard drive full,tons of room on it,then wouldnt show the recordings so had to reboot again and it had only recorded 20 mins of a movie,all this on dream elite ,newset image,done the same on the image before this and also on nabilo blackhole,confused

alfred_1
18-12-2010, 10:31 AM
had problems with hard drive,sometimes vanishes and have to reboot,thus losing epg aswell,then today tried to record on timer and it said error recording ,hard drive full,tons of room on it,then wouldnt show the recordings so had to reboot again and it had only recorded 20 mins of a movie,all this on dream elite ,newset image,done the same on the image before this and also on nabilo blackhole,confused

If I were you mate I would first inialize it and then format it, then (important) name it, for example just name it HDD, then it will be ok.

wonderbar1uk
18-12-2010, 12:58 PM
its not showing at the min,have to unplug and reboot,does it give the option to format on the dream and how do ye name it,thanks

alfred_1
18-12-2010, 01:37 PM
its not showing at the min,have to unplug and reboot,does it give the option to format on the dream and how do ye name it,thanks

I have a Gemini 5.10 Image installed.
Now what I did was to:
1)Go to Ble Panel
2)Device Manage) You will see your HardDrive
3)Menu (press Blue Button
4)Scroll down to Initialize
5)Where it tells you to ''Please label the Device'' just give it a name. e.g HDD.
6)Then press 'start' to Format your Drive (Remember every thing will be lost on the Drive.)

wonderbar1uk
18-12-2010, 04:01 PM
thanks,ill have a go,never seen that option before to name it

wonderbar1uk
18-12-2010, 05:32 PM
just initialised it but doesnt say ''Please label the Device'' says the name of the hard drivr toshiba320gb etc,i have initialised it before on the previous image,never worked then

saintomer1866
18-12-2010, 07:13 PM
if your using latest dream elite then press the blue button twice (blue panel/extra setting)
then devices manager,
then red button (mountpoints) this should now show your usb:external drive as not mapped,
now press the right button on your remote and 'not mapped' should change to '/media/hdd'
now press red button (save)
you'll then get a prompt to restart your dreambox so select yes.
that's it your all done enjoy your recordings
St.O

wonderbar1uk
18-12-2010, 07:28 PM
cheers saint gonna have ago,just crashed when i picked mounpoints

wonderbar1uk
18-12-2010, 09:06 PM
go to device manager and it doesnt show,but it seems to be working,pausing tv etc

wonderbar1uk
19-12-2010, 11:50 AM
thanks saint,got it to work,it wasnt mapped,sems to be ok now,hope its cured it,thanks a lot

wonderbar1uk
20-12-2010, 06:35 PM
then it goes again,shows up as mapped but wont initialize,think the drive is corrupt

saintomer1866
20-12-2010, 07:13 PM
ok to test your drive download and install the latest official dream 800 image (ver 3.0.3) initialise (format) it then check filesystem
(I normally use official firmware for this from the days when blackhole had problems, just habbit)
once your drive is initialised and checked thats it you dont need to initialise it again.

now re-flash your box with dream elite 1.3.3
follow above instructions (blue/blue/devices manager/red/ -> /media/hdd)
make a note of your device info, probably /dev/sda1
red to save and reboot
once it's rebooted go back to devices manager and check your device info is still the same eg: /dev/sda1
if it is then you should be fine
dont remap this device to something else or add any other usb devices to your box as this will mess up the device address's
St.O