PDA

View Full Version : Time Setting/Calendar

FOX
19-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Following a reboot, the callendar seems to show always Jan 2000 even though I tried to update it but it is not saved following an exit. The local time in 'time setting' is greyed and cannot enter the correct time. Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

FOX
20-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Following my message above, The GMT is on and greyed which doesn't allow me to change the setting. Any help please? do I have to go to facory setting? any risk on that?

Mickha
20-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Try switching GMT off and Summertime on, then set the time, once set change the settings back.
Keep playing with the settings as one option works.

FOX
20-12-2010, 01:27 PM
that is the problem. I cannot change the GMT neither the local time. it is greyed out and doesn't allow me to change it. The only thing that can change is the summer time or the GMT offset.

Thanks

boqueron
20-12-2010, 08:11 PM
try switching the box from the main power and leave it off for a few minutes and switch it back on

FOX
21-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys. The clock is now back to normal. During the last few days and the bad weather my dish moved little bit and couldn't get any satellite. During that time I have disconnected the receiver and reboot it. The receiver clock got dissynchronised and could be put back only once the dish is correctly alligned. It does seem that this is sent through sat. Something I have learned as I thought initially that the clock can bet set locally which does not seem the case.

Issue resolved, can we close this thread

Thanks