PDA

View Full Version : losing sats

grin2
22-12-2010, 06:46 PM
freaking me out. just put up my list of stored sats and the following have gorn and disappeared. 30west, 15west, 8west, 5west, 4west, 7east, 9east,10east, 13east, 19east, 23east.
when i go on all satellites heading the channels from those sats are still there and the dish moves to most of them. when i first turned machine on i was looking at novacinema on hotbird. moved to 16east and all was fine. went to sats menu to move to film 1 dutch on astra and all the above sats have goneincluding hotbird. anyone else had this.

john.dat
22-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Never had that before - you been fiddling with it :biggrinjester:

You did have backup on your USB stick, didn't you ;)

grin2
22-12-2010, 07:08 PM
no. literally looked to see what was on nova cinema. switched to tring to check listings and then noticed there was no astra 19 as the dutch epg is usually english.
then noticed that hotbird (which id been on) and the others had gone.

supergab
23-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Have a look at your lon / lat settings in the menu

The same thing happened to me after I did a factory reset

When mister-t told me were to look I input my lon /lat and it was sorted

grin2
23-12-2010, 07:48 PM
i went into motor setting onto hotbird. it found sat itself. loaded one tp and saved. hotbird added to list.
did the same on astra19 east. one tp and save. astra 19east added. thought this will be a ball acher but when i did the same on astra 23 east,ALL the missing ones appeared on the list again. weird eh.

john.dat
23-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Now you can see the reason people say to backup your listings etc

If you used a 3rd party chann' listing, you could get another copy and re-load it eg Compass, BillyBits, Jimi and others

grin2
23-12-2010, 10:23 PM
all my channel listings remained untouched. they were all in the All satellites heading. it was only the sat names went from the sat list for no reason.