PDA

View Full Version : lnb problem

THE/ACKSTER
28-12-2010, 10:11 PM
hi all, i have a dreambox 500hd with a technomate tm-2300 super h-h mount. the receiver is set to diseqc 1.2 as usals is not possible with this receiver. Last night i was watching the destruction of the Australian cricket team till the early hours of this morning and then went to bed. Later this morning i turned on my system to watch the football on 28 east, i turned on the box and it displayed the start up image which only comes on when you re-boot or hard reset the system or if an error occurs with the image, green screen etc. i waited and waited and i noticed the dish icon flashing on the screen meaning the dish was moving to set itself but i knew it was set at 28 degrees and then i get a message on screen saying "tune failed" meaning that there was no signal coming from the lnb. i searched other preset satellites and got the tune failed error message. i tried another stb and i got a 63% signal and 90% quality reading but i noticed on this box (600pvr) that when i moved the dish be it east or west the readings did not change. I suspect the lnb has failed may be due to the weather but normally they drop signal slowly and over a short amount of time but not so quickly, any ideas am i right with the lnb or could it be something else?

THE/ACKSTER
04-01-2011, 06:53 PM
try checking your connections,cable and if all else fails replace the lnb.

THE/ACKSTER
04-01-2011, 06:56 PM
thanks, i have checked all connections and found that somehow the connection from the box to the h-h diseqc mount had come loose and once tightened up, all ok and up and running.

springer
04-01-2011, 09:05 PM
hi all, i have a dreambox 500hd with a technomate tm-2300 super h-h mount. the receiver is set to diseqc 1.2 as usals is not possible with this receiver.......

I beg to differ. I used USALS on DM500HD's with no problems.;)