PDA

View Full Version : RTi_Core_1.1.1.RC1

Egyptian11
29-12-2010, 10:29 AM
What is new :

RTi core RC1 Enigma 2 Image based on : Enigma 2 from 04-12-2010

- New Kernel with better stability improvements.

- New Overclock driver for SAFE overclocking of Sigma SMP8634 CPU up to 370 MHz .

( Overclocking is done On-Fly with step up size of 10 MHz, and this is VERY SAFE Method which allow You to overclock CPU of Your AzBox up to 370 MHz ,

if something goes wrong, on reboot there are routines which will reset CPU to default clock, so nothing can happen ).

- Fixed A/V Settings, VFD and Standby plugins are separated now.

- New Mediaplayer files, so DVD .iso and .ts files are supported now.

- Overall stability and speed of Enigma 2 is better and improved.

http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/e107/news.php

massimo1167
29-12-2010, 10:41 AM
@satommy
may you attach again DVDplayer addon with instruction because after server change, all post after Xmas was lost.
Thanks!

arcibald
29-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi ... massimo

Copy the folder / usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

Regards ... Arci

sectorNOlimits
29-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Before the "event" that deleted this thread, it become full of issues reported by users. Does we will write here or wait for a new RC? Or an official thread opened by some of you GURU? :bowing-036:
I wrote some messages reporting some issues, but believe me, now I don't remember exactly each one. I can summarize the main I remember. Or wait for the new RC and start a new analysis.

Thank you, SNL

Cirio
29-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Ok, let's summarize the main problems of this release:

*It won't wake up after StandBy (this is the main problem IMHO)
*I can't get AC3 and DTS sound because the output is always PCM

All the rest for me is good, improved stability, quite no more cogs. :bravo-009:

Bye,

PS: if someone manged to get ac3/dts can he please help me??:bowing-036:

sectorNOlimits
29-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I'll summarize what I remember from first installation:

Box: Premium
FW RTi 1.1.1 RC1

Upgrade from E2 1.0.3 -> RC1 OK No problem.

First boot:
- OK video mode on HDMI 1080p50Hz
- DHCP didn't work, still not working, I've to set manually the IP address

Stanby problem:
by my tests I can confirm that: I can enter standby mode; when in standby after few seconds (20/30) the box stops network services; when I try to wakeup the system, it reboots or if it doesn't respond to any RCU command or panel command I need to reboot with long pressure on standby button.

Normal use
TV Mode
- Clock on VFD or InfoPanel didn't take care of timezone; if I set manually (with date command from terminal) it returns to its original value, but it is wrong;
- if I move to previous or next channel from the history the VFD reports last channel tuned and not the actual channel;
- if I select a different audio track audio disappears, if I come back to the first audio track audio returns but stops in few seconds (about 30s). Sometimes audio is completely missing and adjusting volume it returns
- audio control is not so linear, from bottom to top many steps keep audio low then the last one put audio really high!!
- sometimes I get short horizontal line that create noise to video, reboot is not sufficient. I need to power off and on again.
- if I press yellow button timeshift info panel appears, when I stop it the panel goes away but cogwheels appear and I need to reboot;

Radio mode
- FTA radios are bad played, is impossible to hear sounds, just glitches;
- background is last picture from TV mode or Mediaplayer and so on;
- some radios have also a video, but if I exit from radio list the box come back to TV mode;

Mediaplayer
- I have played some AVIs and 1 MKV (ACDC, rock FOREVER!!!!) but often audio and video are out of synch;
- 1 AVI was reproduced really bad in video output, no color information, no sound.

About AVIs and MKV I don't know the exact formats as reported by someone other guys, but I can check.

I think to have tested and stressed the box enough and I'm really amazed by this release. In a normal use it's really stable, no more cogwheels and a good general speed.

You have all my encouragement to continue this work towards a release even more reliable!!!

Thank you very much, SNL

Cirio
29-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Stanby problem:
by my tests I can confirm that: I can enter standby mode; when in standby after few seconds (20/30) the box stops network services; when I try to wakeup the system, it reboots or if it doesn't respond to any RCU command or panel command I need to reboot with long pressure on standby button.

Yes, i forgot to mention but same here: after 20/30 secs network services are stopped

massimo1167
30-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Hi ... massimo

Copy the folder / usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

Regards ... Arci
How to view this plugin?
I can't see it in plugins menu.

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!
After a reboot I can see DVDPlayer.

cjjdool
30-12-2010, 12:00 PM
To add to the list off sectorNOlimits:

TV mode:
- Not all HD channels run ok, some studder (23.5E NED1,RTL4 as example)

Agree with remark on stability, it is a real stable release with no crashes/cogwheels

cjjdool
30-12-2010, 12:08 PM
On Factory reset:
- Does not work and needs the updated .py files posted befor

On EPG:
- Needs the extra line in script to run correctly, again posted before by HFMLS

Madtrax
30-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Hello

- VFD Plugin is not in GUI. I can not stop this pitty Fan on Premium +.
- Media Player is extremly worse to me. From 10 AVI's i can play 1. The other are out of sync about 10 seconds on play.
- Standby problem too.
- I can not run Valerie. Reboot with green Screen. (It is a Problem with the ****** Files. When I disable the ****** in Valerie the box did not crash on boot.

arcibald
30-12-2010, 03:34 PM
How to view this plugin?
I can't see it in plugins menu.

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!
After a reboot I can see DVDPlayer.

Yes ... Sorry but I could only answer now!

For clarity for all ...

Once you have copied the folder DVDPlayer in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ ...

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/537/screenshoot.th.png (http://img585.imageshack.us/i/screenshoot.png/)

... do a reboot and you will find the new entry in Main menu > DVD Player ...

Here on the Menu in italian language:
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6483/osd.th.png (http://img28.imageshack.us/i/osd.png/)

Right now I'm watching a DVD backup on my LANDISK USB connected (automatic fstab mount on the rear usb /dev/sdb1) ...

However it is not a stable plugin, if you not close properly the session-player at the end, enigma2 becomes unstable and the only solution is to reboot!

Ciao ...

Arci

tx0
30-12-2010, 06:55 PM
I've also tried new image. HD channels with high SR like 29500+ are working better than on dm800 chinese clone with L3 tuner without hardware modifications for stability. There are some glitches on HD channels with azbox. I think its a tuner hardware problem. They say that dm800 M-tuner also have some glitches on HD channels and need to be modified to receive high bit rates. other things on Azbox - EPG is not working, cardreader is dead and there are plenty other things to fix. Resuming all these thoughts I can say that box is already outdated and tuner need to be modified to get higher SR as well as CPU.

moicas3004
30-12-2010, 07:12 PM
I've also tried new image. HD channels with high SR like 29500+ are working better than on dm800 chinese clone with L3 tuner without hardware modifications for stability. There are some glitches on HD channels with azbox. I think its a tuner hardware problem. They say that dm800 M-tuner also have some glitches on HD channels and need to be modified to receive high bit rates. other things on Azbox - EPG is not working, cardreader is dead and there are plenty other things to fix. Resuming all these thoughts I can say that box is already outdated and tuner need to be modified to get higher SR as well as CPU.

I think that interesting but explain why in original FW ir run HD chanels with no problems?

EPG is working great with crossEPG. Never worked better even in original FW.

satdish101
30-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I haven't done extensive of high SR feeds but RC1 does receive the 4:2:2 HD feeds on 99w which have a SR ~30000 and the image looks great. Recording them will likely be a different issue.

tx0
30-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I had problems with original FW too.
do you have any glitches viewing 28E ESPN UK HD channel?
My tests show that :

dm800 clone and oringal azbox FW - almost impossible to watch.
azbox e2 fw without CPU overclocking - much better but still sometimes picture freezes.

Animal Planet with SR 30000 on 1W Thor was OK on any of these boxes. strange eh?

moicas3004
30-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I use MEO sat, all frequencies are 30000, no problems here. iThink that maybe the bitrate of the chanel.

kooleracer
01-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Audio sync on 28.2 BBC HD and BBC one HD plus NOVA.gr Nova sports HD sync also off.

xanadu
01-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Didn't work at all for me on Premium+ Black screen

Waiting for RC2

kooleracer
03-01-2011, 09:02 PM
BUG:

I have rotor using USASLS, but when switching from satellite often the first transponder doesnt work you to seek channel with other TP and the first one is fixed. Also Thor (1W) some channels don't work please take a look at this, sound is cracking en when i have picture audio out of sync or picture is totally broken (not watchable) I have great reception so that is not de problem sng en agr well above 80%.

plonky
04-01-2011, 12:02 PM
1.1.1 was unusable for me on a Premium. Sound problems and terrible jerkiness on many 28E channels, particularly HD

radodroma
04-01-2011, 12:05 PM
The picture quality on my bravia edge led 3d tv is much worse than the ds(audio problems) and the original firmware

schmegea
08-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Small fix standby,
Scart and composite OK
HDMI sometime problem - not rocognize must switch off or change chanell

moicas3004
08-01-2011, 09:49 PM
The standby finaly works.

many Thanks .

daleelis
08-01-2011, 10:22 PM
The standby finaly works.

many Thanks .

you tested on hdmi or Scart???

madomape
08-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Small fix standby,
Scart and composite OK

I've found a problem on Premium+. When you go to standby, the fan turns off and then, with the fix installed, if you wake up the Azbox, the fan doesn't work.

Anyway, the fix is working. Maybe needs a review for Premium+ to turn on the fan again after waking up.

Thanks!

arcibald
08-01-2011, 11:24 PM
I've found a problem on Premium+. When you go to standby, the fan turns off and then, with the fix installed, if you wake up the Azbox, the fan doesn't work.

Anyway, the fix is working. Maybe needs a review for Premium+ to turn on the fan again after waking up.

Thanks!

Try to go into AZboxVFD Setup and set the parameters Set fan & Fan on standby ... for your preferences!

Rg ... Arci

madomape
08-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Ok, it was my problem. Now I've configured fan in AZboxVFD setup and it's working fine.

Thans a lot for your job!

atoth73
09-01-2011, 04:06 AM
On hdmi input this standby-fix working perfectly for me.
Many thanks!

neo.70
09-01-2011, 07:37 AM
sorted now thanks for the standby fix.

alcafone
09-01-2011, 09:22 AM
thanks for all
On my p+ there is another problem, after wakeup the lan don't work
i must enable the lan in system menů and all work fine!

Regards! :respect-055:

Doume
09-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Small fix standby,
Scart and composite OK

When waking up, the HDMI does'nt deliver sound, nor correct colors : If I power off the TV, and power on, it becomes OK ( right colors, and sound OK ).
Elite HD

Smudger
09-01-2011, 10:56 AM
With HDMI
Original version board in Azbox Premium Hd no mods applied.

when waking from long stanby by Picture showed picture from previous program watched before stanby 7 hours ago. and sound was very distorted. Took two channel hops to correct.

Switching TV off and on did not correct picture for me.

atoth73
09-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I dont have any problems on my Premium, even after longer standby.
Simple everything working perfectly with this fix after wakup. (LAN, picture, sound)

Smudger
09-01-2011, 11:44 AM
I dont have any problems on my Premium, even after longer standby.
Simple everything working perfectly with this fix after wakup. (LAN, picture, sound)
How old is your premium as we have had problems which effect the older boards and tunners during E2 development.

madomape
09-01-2011, 05:57 PM
I see the internal hard disk is always spinning when the box is in standby. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

valerie
09-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Hello
very nice skin tested it's work

moicas3004
09-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Hello

Place it at Skins, ok.

cjjdool
09-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Hi,

I cannot find AZboxVFD Setup on a Premium +

I do see the AZboxVFD directory in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/ but nowhere in any of the setup choices ??

Can somebody tell me how to start AZboxVFD so I can setup FAN

Edit: Problem solved, after installing the fix AZboxVFD appeared in the system menu.......

the illuminati
10-01-2011, 04:56 AM
Hello

can we have pictures pls

lukinario2
12-01-2011, 12:41 PM
An announcement from The_Ripper...

Kad se izbaci na RC2 preci cu na novi kod, koji je vecim delom spreman , plus drajveri za S/S2,C,T,ISDBT su gotovi za taj novi kod, itd ...

Bicete upoznati svi kad dodje vreme za to.

From another [ex-Yu] forum [my translation]:

"I changed the code for E2 RC2.

When it is published [and most of it is ready] the new drivers [S/S2, C, T, ISDBT] will be published as well. These new drivers for the new code are already finished"

Is this correct???

dvlajkovic
12-01-2011, 12:50 PM
If you're asking about the translation, it's ok.
If you're asking whether the content is true or not, I'm afraid only RTi members can confirm it...

MickeySa
12-01-2011, 12:55 PM
The_ripper said, after RTi image RC2 is released, he will continue on new code, which is almost done, and drivers for S/S2,C,T,ISDBT are already done for that new code.

moicas3004
12-01-2011, 01:11 PM
@MickeySa

How is the state of the RC2?

Recording is done and running 100%?

Please give usa some feedback how the progress is at this time.

Thanks.

lukinario2
12-01-2011, 02:48 PM
If new code is almost done... I will wait more time for that release... It´s no problem for waiting...