PDA

View Full Version : 'Wait off' message

plaskotki
03-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi there, I thought posting this topic in the general section may provide us with more info on the problem. I wonder how many of the .65 users experience the same problem. Whenever I change the setting or add channel and want to power the stb off it flashes 'wait off' message at me. I need then to turn it off with the power button at the back. The changed settings are saved, but not the channels! Has anybody experienced this problem and found the solution to it? So far I have reloaded the f/w using porter express, but the problem persists...

ManikM
04-01-2011, 01:30 PM
i havent had this problem once.

does this only happen when heavily using the OPEN EPG facility?

i still get lockups though, makes me sick.

why cant the thing just stay on, run, and stay on, without freezing, its not much to ask is it...?

plaskotki
04-01-2011, 02:35 PM
i havent had this problem once.

does this only happen when heavily using the OPEN EPG facility?

i still get lockups though, makes me sick.

why cant the thing just stay on, run, and stay on, without freezing, its not much to ask is it...?

It seems to be independent to epg. It happens when I do any modifications-adding timers, editing favourite list or changing any setting. The settings do get saved after using the switch at the back, but I loose timers or added channels. I tried system restore and the system change gets saved, but the channel list stays the same. It drives me nuts! And when the new channels will be added or channel position will change, I will not be able to do anything. I feel like trying to go back to earlier, pre epg software because of this, but that's not how it should be. I cannot use the usb to upload software as it gets stuck at 50%. :confused: Any suggestions would be very welcome.

ManikM
04-01-2011, 03:07 PM
if you choose the transfer "service data", this saves your channel lists AND timers...

dont know why it gets stuck and 50% - weird.
different stick any help?

plaskotki
04-01-2011, 03:16 PM
if you choose the transfer "service data", this saves your channel lists AND timers...

dont know why it gets stuck and 50% - weird.
different stick any help?

This is working fine. Uploading the software gets stuck. I upgraded to .65 from 3 Dec and problems started then. I could not upgrade to 10Dec one. Had to use serial and porter. Now EPG works, but can't do anything to the channel list as the changes dont get saved when I turn the box off using power switch at the back. If I used AAF and flashed the software with the atevio one-will my channel list work and mcas? samylyes2304 did this but he has atevio and was not sure if they will work on icecrypt. Can you share your experience, please?

darrellr
04-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Have you tried using Polaredit to change your channels? Does that work at all?

plaskotki
05-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Have you tried using Polaredit to change your channels? Does that work at all?
I did try last night, but something peculiar is happening. I connected to the receiver ok, downloaded the channel list, edited it. Software looks great. I wanted to upload it to the receiver (or download it as the software calls it), but I kept getting an error message in Chinese). I save it and tried uploading by using the usb stick. It seemed to have worked judgeing by the messages on the stb's front panel, but when the box rebooted, the old version was on. I tried uploading the channel list with porter and as the uploading finished, the message complete was flashing on the front panel, but the box did not reboot itself. I had to turn it off with the switch at the back and guess what-the new channel list was not saved. The same happened when I used porter to upload f/w, but the software was updated after I switched the box off with the power switch at the back. The 'wait off' message still pops up whenever I do anything with the setting or add timer. Am I doing something wrong here???? I am loosing my patience with this box! As an act of desperation I even tried using the AAF recovery yesterday, but the software mad to attempts to recover my stb. The first one was aborted by the software with the message: port number to low: 67, then it started doing it again. The manual says that the recovery process takes about 20 mins. I waited for an hour watching these litttle dots going and going and going before I decided to click exit. Luckily this has not bricked the box, but I am back at square one. Wrrrrrr!!!!!