PDA

View Full Version : external hard drive

grin2
04-01-2011, 08:08 PM
just had a seagate 500 gb delivered. connected to my spiderbox 9000hd using the usb supplied and power cable to seagate. have played files i had downloaded on pc thru spiderbox (no problem). when i press the red record button on my spider handset (rec) shows on the front display panel of stb. however when i look on the new seagate by going into the usb menu on stb, nothing appears to have recorded from the spiderbox. am i missing something obvious.

scrapman
04-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Hi
try pressing the play button on the remote, I do not see the recordings via the usb menu.

hope this helps
Scrapman

john.dat
04-01-2011, 08:51 PM
just had a seagate 500 gb delivered. connected to my spiderbox 9000hd using the usb supplied and power cable to seagate. have played files i had downloaded on pc thru spiderbox (no problem). when i press the red record button on my spider handset (rec) shows on the front display panel of stb. however when i look on the new seagate by going into the usb menu on stb, nothing appears to have recorded from the spiderbox. am i missing something obvious.

You must Format the Ext HDD to FAT32 in the SpiderBox, not in the PC ;)

supergab
04-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Hi grin 2

Goto usb menu

Press OK

Press red button on handset ( Config )

You should see what you have recirded

grin2
04-01-2011, 11:24 PM
john.dat loaded all the stuff off my pc to watch, so i'll try and format it on spider to use just for recording.
supergab. red button just gives me list of what ive taken from pc. looks like i cant do both if it needs fat32 format.

john.dat
05-01-2011, 01:55 AM
john.dat loaded all the stuff off my pc to watch, so i'll try and format it on spider to use just for recording.
supergab. red button just gives me list of what ive taken from pc. looks like i cant do both if it needs fat32 format.

Yeah, must be FAT32 and done by SpiderBox - you must move stuff off the Ext HDD and then Format it, if you leave stuff on there, it will be wiped off during the Formatting ;)

grin2
05-01-2011, 10:54 AM
formatted hdd on the spiderbox. downloaded a couple of part films to try it via timer (rec on front panel). when i go back to usb i get red (to configure) which it does. blue (delete). yellow (format) which id done. green (save data).
this screen keeps alternating with one that says slide show. if i press play as suggested i get a no jpeg message. at no time do the films ive recorded show on a menu.
plug my hdd into pc and a folder called records shows up with both part films in it ive done off spiderbox.

Shills
05-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Hi,

Do not try to view recorded files through the USB menu.

Do as Scrapman suggested in post #2 - just press the play button while you are watching any channel and it should bring up the list of things you have recorded. Use the up / down keys to navigate through the list and then press OK to start playing the file.

If an empty list is displayed when you press play - you can try going into the USB menu and press RED (configure) then choose auto detect.
Now return to viewing a channel and try pressing the play button.

Regards,

Shills

grin2
05-01-2011, 11:48 AM
magic. knew it would be something simple ive missed. been going into usb menu to look for list. will give it a try. now ive re read scrapmans it makes sense.

john.dat
05-01-2011, 02:04 PM
magic. knew it would be something simple ive missed. been going into usb menu to look for list. will give it a try. now ive re read scrapmans it makes sense.

It takes a little while to get use to a new box, things are done differently - it's all in the learning curve :D

Well done m8 ;)