PDA

View Full Version : S4000HDPVR Firmware v1.08.44

jacksback
05-01-2011, 03:34 PM
EDIT - Heading incorrect. I'm currently on firmware v1.08.65

Hey everyone.

I recently tried out the latest AAF Enigma2 release but decided to go back to the S4000 gui. I went through the recovery process, installed my original bootloader and changed my Device ID to an IceCrypt S4000 HDPVR. I then updated to the latest firmware - v1.08.65. I've been having tuner 1 issues ever since then so tried to go back to the firmware before but keep getting "incorrect model" errors. I don't know how that is possible because I was able to update to the latest release just a few days ago, no problem.

Could this be an issue with the latest firmware or have I missed out a step when making my receiver an IceCrypt S4000HDPVR again? Has anyone managed to downgrade since installing the latest update?

Thanks

plaskotki
05-01-2011, 04:43 PM
EDIT - Heading incorrect. I'm currently on firmware v1.08.65

Hey everyone.

I recently tried out the latest AAF Enigma2 release but decided to go back to the S4000 gui. I went through the recovery process, installed my original bootloader and changed my Device ID to an IceCrypt S4000 HDPVR. I then updated to the latest firmware - v1.08.65. I've been having tuner 1 issues ever since then so tried to go back to the firmware before but keep getting "incorrect model" errors. I don't know how that is possible because I was able to update to the latest release just a few days ago, no problem.

Could this be an issue with the latest firmware or have I missed out a step when making my receiver an IceCrypt S4000HDPVR again? Has anyone managed to downgrade since installing the latest update?

Thanks

I had a similar problem. U had to use porter express and serial cable. I did this as I kept getting the 'Wait off' message, but downgrading did not solve the issue. I went back to .65. At least I have the open tv.epg

jacksback
05-01-2011, 04:45 PM
I had a similar problem. U had to use porter express and serial cable. I did this as I kept getting the 'Wait off' message, but downgrading did not solve the issue. I went back to .65. At least I have the open tv.epg

Thanks. I'll give Porter a try then

plaskotki
05-01-2011, 05:06 PM
How did you go about installing the original bootloader?

jacksback
05-01-2011, 09:42 PM
How did you go about installing the original bootloader?

I used the AAF recovery tool, there is an option available to install the original 1.21 bootloader.

darrellr
05-01-2011, 11:27 PM
By the sound of it the change of model id to Icecrypt using AAF didn't work. I'd check this first and see what model ID AAF reports.

jacksback
06-01-2011, 06:07 AM
By the sound of it the change of model id to Icecrypt using AAF didn't work. I'd check this first and see what model ID AAF reports.

I thought so as well but wondered how I was able to update from the recovery Atevio image to the latest S4000 one. I'll load up the recovery tool again and see what it reports because the IceCrypt is reporting S4000 HDPVR in the system section.

Thanks