PDA

View Full Version : Here I Go Again

supergab
08-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi

I throught that I had the sorted once

I have just switched on the 9000 hoping to watch a bit of footy and I have a No Signal showing on all satellites from 42 east round to 30 west

It was working ok last night

I have turned off the box for 10 minutes turned back on nothing

I have set the motor to limit off

The patch that I have loaded is dated 8 Nov 2010

The Lon / Lat is set ok

I am using channels list that I have alway used

The only channels I get a signal from is on 16 east that is the Tring channels

I am using USALS

But when I change the channels on Tring From USALS to Motor DISEqC 1.2 I still get the scrambled channels sign come up

^^COMPASS^^
08-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Menu> Motor setup>
Scroll down to comand>
use the right curser button & scroll to Go to Centre>
press ok >
Command Is Executed

this resets the motor but doesn't delete your usual settings or Diseqc stored positions,

supergab
08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi CAMPASS

Tryed that

Sorry to say it did not work

But thanks you very much

Wossname
08-01-2011, 07:00 PM
A very similar thing happened to me over the xmas holiday.
I was doing something in the menu of the spider (messing about) and when I came out of menu and went to another satellite, the dish was no longer pointing where the spider thought it was so I was getting no signal on everything.
Also using usals, tried to re-set as above but no result.
Finally I had to rotate dish back to true north by manual button on motor and reset motor via re-set button.
It was about 2 or 3 degrees out thats all.
I'm not blaming the spider box - my previous receiver did the same to this motor every so often.
I'm lucky to have a ground mount so no ladders involved.
I expect darkman will say its time I had a dark motor.

roybach
08-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Copied from another Forum, Credit to Greybits. Might be the answer that you are looking for! good luck.
Hi, I discovered something others might find useful :-) if you`ve been tweeking and saving motor positions to DiseqC and then you switch back to usals and discover that it`s not centering properly on sats any more, or if for any other reason your usals seems to have gone off center, well try this : go into motor setup , set motor type to usals , move to 1w , then go down to the command line , select Goto Center press OK, wait a second or two , then change the command line to Recalculate position press OK then EXIT don`t save any new positions or anything , you should now find that your usals finds all the sats perfectly as it did to start with :-) , this also worked for me when I found that my usals seemed to have wondered a couple of clicks off for no apparant reason.

roybach
08-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Supergab, there is a newer patch available than the one you mention i.e. 10 December, TNT ASTRA1 FIX by Darkman.

john.dat
09-01-2011, 01:25 AM
I dunno what you've done apart from using out-of-date patch but I would start again with saving current chann' list, a reset, then load patch 10th Dec, reset again then upload chann list and check settings eg Network / Long/Lat etc etc - it only takes ~15 mins, saves fookin it up ;)

supergab
09-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi john.dat

I was just about to put it in the bin

I took your advice and hi presto all back on stream

Many thanks

john.dat
09-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi john.dat

I was just about to put it in the bin

I took your advice and hi presto all back on stream

Many thanks

Glad your fixed up m8 - ensure you always have a backup of the settings and a full system backup - it only takes seconds via Menu / USB to do the 2 backups and if trouble occurs, only 15 mins(+) or minus to restore your box to 'happy settings' :D

supergab
10-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Hi john.dat

It's me again

I have been looking at mt Lon / Lat setup it is reading 000.0 for both

As soon as I try to input my settings I lose every thing

What I mean is all I get on all sats is No Signal

As soon as I go back to 000.0 every thing works

Just thought I let you know

john.dat
10-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Hi john.dat

It's me again

I have been looking at mt Lon / Lat setup it is reading 000.0 for both

As soon as I try to input my settings I lose every thing

What I mean is all I get on all sats is No Signal

As soon as I go back to 000.0 every thing works

Just thought I let you know

I think either your dish is out of alignment or your box settings are, for eg

I expect you setup your box using disquec and saving those poitions whilst leaving your USALS settings at default 000.0 and when inputting your correct long / lat it all moves

Best to set it up on USALS making probably 0.8w as your referance satellite (depending on where you live) - are you making sure that your long . lat are entered correctly ? and has it all worked on USALS before ?