PDA

View Full Version : what file format does the sb hd9000 when it save a film to pvr

cutain
09-01-2011, 01:44 PM
hello all
i purchased an omega 1.5 external usb hard drive.

i formated this to fat 32 using my pc, i saved my ps3 vidio files to hard drive.
i can play the ps3 vidio files using ps3 or spiderbox (all files are avi)

i used the sbox pvr functionto record a film , using the epg , the sbox says its recording, i recorded film and can play it back using spiderbox.

using usb in menu i cannot find the film location on any directory in the pvr??

if i connect pvr to pc and search for film its under the RECORDS section of pvr.

i cannot play the file using my pc as windows does not recognise the file type, i know the manual states the file has to be conveted to avi.

i do not know what format the sb saves files in is it vidio ts, what software should i use to convert file to avi.

i have enright super and prism vidio convters but these do not (SEE) the pvr file.

thank you.:confused:

tr8.
09-01-2011, 01:52 PM
there is a player available Trp player I will send a copy to the tools part of spiderbox section.

john.dat
09-01-2011, 02:03 PM
i formated this to fat 32 using my pc,

Thats wrong, should only be Formatted to a FAT32 by the SpiderBox

The recorded movie - press the Play button on R/C - the movie will show up there with option of what to play - select what you want, press ok .

If you want to see the actual files etc, move Ext HDD to PC and view via Windows Explorer

cutain
09-01-2011, 07:46 PM
thanks tr8,

john.dat i have a hitachi 1tb external drive which was formated to fat32 using my pc . i wanted to save my ps3 vidio files.

i also downloaded lots of avi/flv files over a few months, i then purchased a spiderbox and recorded something to try pvr function.
i could play what the sb recorded but seemed to have lost all the ps3 files and lots of downloaded stuff.

as far as i can recall i did not format to fat32 using sbox as i would have erased all the files on my drive??/

unfortunately i dropped the drive and damaged part of the circuit board, stripping the case from drive it is a sata drive,

i should be recieving a sata docking station soon so that i can hopefully use this drive ,or more importantly if files are still there transfer my 1.5 external.

thank you

john.dat
09-01-2011, 08:22 PM
i did not format to fat32 using sbox as i would have erased all the files on my drive??/

Yes when formatting, it will erase all stuff left on the drive, best move it off first then format it within S/Box

supergab
09-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Hi John.Dat

I have a 500gb external usb hard drive

What I would like to know is that can I partition this drive into 4 = parts
using i partition to record from sbox

john.dat
10-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Hi John.Dat

I have a 500gb external usb hard drive

What I would like to know is that can I partition this drive into 4 = parts
using i partition to record from sbox

Yes you can but the USB HDD must all be FAT32 - and what is the point of doing it :confused:

supergab
10-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Hi john.dat

The point of doing it is for

( 1 ) Back up my Laptop

( 2 ) Back up my Photos

( 3 ) Back up my Music

( 4 ) To record from Spiderbox

( 5 ) To Keep what I record from Spiderbox once I convert then, so that I can at a later date transfur then to dsk

john.dat
10-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi john.dat

The point of doing it is for

( 1 ) Back up my Laptop

( 2 ) Back up my Photos

( 3 ) Back up my Music

( 4 ) To record from Spiderbox

( 5 ) To Keep what I record from Spiderbox once I convert then, so that I can at a later date transfur then to dsk

OK, try it - remember that partitioning your drive with stuff on it may well erase it and formatting must be done on the spider to FAT32

cutain
10-01-2011, 08:19 PM
hi trp i installed trp player but it will not play the hd film i recorded or recognise it,

i am still not clear in exactly what file format the sbox uses for stuff saved to pvr.

i would also be interested in what software people are using to convert the pvr files to avi for instance.

( i have also posted something simular in trp tools section) please delete if not applicable.

thank you

supergab
11-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi john.dat

I have partition my 500gb into 5 partitions

Using partition magic v8

4 of the partitions are formated in NFTS

1 partition I have named Spiderbox and is formated in fat32

I plug this drive in to usb port on spiderbox and as some say just plug and play

Record stright away without spiderbox formating

john.dat
11-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi john.dat

I have partition my 500gb into 5 partitions

Using partition magic v8

4 of the partitions are formated in NFTS

1 partition I have named Spiderbox and is formated in fat32

I plug this drive in to usb port on spiderbox and as some say just plug and play

Record stright away without spiderbox formating

The reason for formatting in Spider is many folks have reported problems when done on PC - perhaps the real reason is, Windows cannot handle very large FAT32 disks (more than 128GB ?) but as you have chopped into 5 parts then perhaps all parts are <128GB (eg are they 5 equal sizes ?)

Anyway, more importantly for you its working, just keep an eye on it and if you get problems, will need a rethink :respect-055:

philips
13-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Had a similar problem with files recorded from a Ross HD box in .ts format.

Prism video converter wouldn't look at these although it handles .ts files recorded from a Technomate 5200.

Solution was to use Oxelon media converter. If the video bit rate is set, on the main screen, to 4800 it produces a good picture.

Wossname
22-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Had a similar problem with files recorded from a Ross HD box in .ts format.

Prism video converter wouldn't look at these although it handles .ts files recorded from a Technomate 5200.

Solution was to use Oxelon media converter. If the video bit rate is set, on the main screen, to 4800 it produces a good picture.
Hi Philips.
What sort of speed do you get from oxelon. the converter I am using takes about 2 seconds a frame. so a movie would take hours. and lock up the processor of course.

philips
22-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Wossname,

Haven't actually timed conversion. Will record something this evening, will check the time of the conversion tomorrow, and will post my findings for you.

philips
23-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Wossname,

Did test on converting three .ts files with Oxelon and it converted at a rate of about 3.5 Gb per hour. The time taken was about two thirds of the time it would take to watch the video.

The Oxelon settings, which are all made on the main screen, were as follows:

Format - .avi, video codec MPEG2, audio mp3.

Video - 1024X768, 25 frames/second, bit rate 4800 kbits/second.

Audio - sampling rate 44100, bit rate 192 kbits/second.

Hope this is of help to you.

philips
23-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Cutain,

Would be interested to know if you found any other converters which would do the job.

philips.

Wossname
23-01-2011, 09:33 PM
thanks a lot m8
i'll certainly be having a look at oxelon which sounds good speed but i suppose its processor speed that ultimately decides it or plays a big part and i'm limping along on 1.25gigs.

cutain
28-01-2011, 08:25 PM
hi there are loads of differant convters and joiners tried FORMAT FACTORY which is mentioned in posts to do with pvr and files, easy to use i find i convert some files to avi, but my ps3 does not always play the convted files.

thank you

Gone_Fishing
28-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Has anyone tried just changing the file extension from .trp to .ts because as far as I was aware its just another type of transport stream (.ts)

BTW XBMC can play trp files you just need to add the .trp extension in advancedsettings.xml so they are recognized

_http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Advancedsettings. xml#.3Cvideoextensions.3E

If someone wants to upload a 1 or 2 minute sample somewhere I wouldn't mind taking a look

TNT