PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox Channel Settings

folky
12-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Does Spiderbox use the same channel settings as any other receiver, the udb files? Or is there a way to convert?

Reason I ask is I downloaded a settings list from somewhere a week or so ago that had about 4 or 5 different udb files in the rar (for spider combo, sly uk etc.). When I loaded them into the editor they were set out like my Dreambox settings with the provider & satellite down the left colum which I prefere.

Thing is I must have deleted them off my computer and can't remember where I got them from.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Folky

john.dat
12-01-2011, 07:21 PM
The chann listing for a SpiderBox is in .udb format - thats all I know, I wouldn't know if they are interchangeable with other boxes of the same format .The S/Box chann list size always seems to be 572kb .

D/L the editor and take a look at a copy of the S/Box chan list

johnhenry
12-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Sounds like john78.udb

john.dat
13-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Sounds like john78.udb

He's a modz on a_l_s_a_t_s

The above file when extracted is 572kb - so the name & file size suggests its for the Spiderbox

folky
13-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Definately not any settings from here or there.

There was 4 or 5 udb files in the rar.

Cheers

Folky

^^COMPASS^^
13-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Does Spiderbox use the same channel settings as any other receiver, the udb files? Or is there a way to convert?

Reason I ask is I downloaded a settings list from somewhere a week or so ago that had about 4 or 5 different udb files in the rar (for spider combo, sly uk etc.). When I loaded them into the editor they were set out like my Dreambox settings with the provider & satellite down the left colum which I prefere.

Thing is I must have deleted them off my computer and can't remember where I got them from.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Folky

I believe
They were created from a programme called SettingsMaker Version 1.6 by TechSat Team

This program automatically generates the Channel list (Settings)
for some satellite STB models.

Satcat
13-01-2011, 09:54 AM

Any ideas?

Cheers

Folky

Here is what Darkman had to say in an earlier thread.
http://satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=710359&postcount=12

folky
13-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Here is what Darkman had to say in an earlier thread.
http://satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=710359&postcount=12

That link is dead m8.

It's ok now. Was sending me to the log in screen even though I'm logged in?

Seams a bit odd that loading a settings file not meant for Spiderbox could damage it. Anyone could post fake files to damage the box then?

Folky

Lexxy
13-01-2011, 11:57 AM
That link is dead m8.

Seams a bit odd that loading a settings file not meant for Spiderbox could damage it. Anyone could post fake files to damage the box then?

Folky

That sounds like an awfully good reason only to use trusted files from trusted members

^^COMPASS^^
13-01-2011, 12:52 PM
That sounds like an awfully good reason only to use trusted files from trusted members

Yes your correct

Billybits, John78, William1 & myself
edit channel lists extracted from the Spiderbox receiver itself.

================================= ==============

Just because you see a file created from another source with .UDB extension doesn't mean it's safe to use on your Spiderbox

Please stay well clear from untrusted Channel lists.

stefan
23-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Sounds like john78.udb
Hiya John...

I have to say thank you... For the good job you did on your spiderbox channel list 12/01/11

I have tried a few different udb files...
From official members of this site and yours has worked the best for me.:respect-055:

I have noticed in the spiderbox channel list section your lists are not posted. I came across yours by chance...

Do you have anymore updates coming?
and where do i find them?
Thanks Stefan

johnhenry
23-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi stefan thanks for your comments but i have to be trueful although i posted john78.udb it was not my personal list, in the past i saved many posted lists as i have a bad habit of collecting file's just in case things go wrong i then have something to fall back on. Reference your requirements i think we would need to know what satelites list's you require ie are you using motor or have you specific static Lnb's. If you want a good tool to use to modify your own list i suggest the Channel editor which you will find in Spiderbox tools Section, this peice of kit is brilliant. Best johnhenry Our thanks for that list must go to john78.