PDA

View Full Version : BOX FREEZING - am i the only one???

ManikM
14-01-2011, 10:28 AM
there doesnt seem to be many people posting this issue.

i run mcas plug (octacam), and have a few recording timers setup - and i simply cannot rely on my box

sometimes when i come down in the morning, when it should be recording (timer), it isnt, when i try to change channel - i cant....i have to reset the box, which then means, re-settting the time, and setting it to manual, (thats just how i have it - dont like the auto setting as FEEDS sometimes have bizarre times on them)

i'm on the latest f/w - i hope the problem goes away but it never really ever goes away.

maybe ive got a dudd?

jacksback
14-01-2011, 10:47 AM
there doesnt seem to be many people posting this issue.

i run mcas plug (octacam), and have a few recording timers setup - and i simply cannot rely on my box

sometimes when i come down in the morning, when it should be recording (timer), it isnt, when i try to change channel - i cant....i have to reset the box, which then means, re-settting the time, and setting it to manual, (thats just how i have it - dont like the auto setting as FEEDS sometimes have bizarre times on them)

i'm on the latest f/w - i hope the problem goes away but it never really ever goes away.

maybe ive got a dudd?

When on IceCrypt firmware, I used the xcamclient and had random freezing as well so I guess it is the firmware or plugins causing the issue. These last 3 days I've run Enigma2 with OSCAM and had NO problems. I'll setup some timers tonight and report back next week if any of them hang my box.

plaskotki
14-01-2011, 11:31 AM
When on IceCrypt firmware, I used the xcamclient and had random freezing as well so I guess it is the firmware or plugins causing the issue. These last 3 days I've run Enigma2 with OSCAM and had NO problems. I'll setup some timers tonight and report back next week if any of them hang my box.
Jacksback-do you run enigma from the flash memory? If you are, can you comment on the speed of the box?

jacksback
14-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Jacksback-do you run enigma from the flash memory? If you are, can you comment on the speed of the box?

Hi there. Yes, I run it from flash. The box boots relatively quickly and is pretty responsive when flicking through channels or launching plugins. The Media player is a lot more sluggish and takes about 2-3 seconds to launch. The quick guide is displayed almost instantly and paging up and down between the channels is less than a second. I would say 70-80% of the things I did on IceCrypt are about the same speed on Enigma2. Coming in and out of StandBy is very quick! The overclocking option has improved the boot up time a lot but I've only set it to overclock during boot up. Would be interesting to see how it performs if always overclocked. I would probably need to get a better heatsink and cooling fan first before trying it. I'll report back if I do

plaskotki
14-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi there. Yes, I run it from flash. The box boots relatively quickly and is pretty responsive when flicking through channels or launching plugins. The Media player is a lot more sluggish and takes about 2-3 seconds to launch. The quick guide is displayed almost instantly and paging up and down between the channels is less than a second. I would say 70-80% of the things I did on IceCrypt are about the same speed on Enigma2. Coming in and out of StandBy is very quick! The overclocking option has improved the boot up time a lot but I've only set it to overclock during boot up. Would be interesting to see how it performs if always overclocked. I would probably need to get a better heatsink and cooling fan first before trying it. I'll report back if I do
Thanks jacksback. Would you be kind enough to let us know which image you are using and whether or not the 7 day epg works on the uk freesat channels. Also, how did you flas the receiver with the enigma image? Can it be done by using porter express or would I have to use AAF? Does MCAS work on your image? Would be great to hear from you on these.

jacksback
14-01-2011, 07:54 PM
I used the AAF recovery tool 4.4, a null modem serial cable and the latest Enigma2 flash image found on the aaf site (http://www.aaf-board.com/wbb2/database.php). The site is in German so register using Google Chrome and choose to always translate German to English. The database contains all the files you need and is found under the Atevio 7000 section because that's the type of receiver they compiled Enigma2 for. The IceCrypt is basically just a rebranded Fortis based decoder so all we need to do is update the Device ID to that of an Atevio 7000 (explained further down)

So the two files needed are the Full Flash Enigma2 image and the AAF recovery tool 4.4.

The procedure goes something like this

1.) Install AAF recovery tool
2.) Unzip Enigma2 image to somewhere on your C drive
3.) Make sure computer (referred to as Server in AAF) and the IceCrypt are connected to the same network and note down their IP addresses
4.) Power off IceCrypt using the switch at the back
5.) Connect null modem serial cable to IceCrypt and Com port 1 or 2 on your PC
6.) Launch AAF, select the correct Com Port from the drop down (bottom left) and press "Connect"
7.) Power on IceCrypt and you should see it identifed in the AAF tool
8.) Check and then update the IP address of the IceCrypt, Server (your pc) and Gateway (home router), read the Mac Address, and then "Write to all"
9.) Power down the IceCrypt, exit AAF tool, relaunch AAF tool, press connect and power on the IceCrypt again. Wait for it to be connected and select "Read" this time and make sure the IP addresses on the left match the right.
10.) Install the MaxiBoot U-Boot loader
11.) Change the Reseller ID to an Atevio 7000
12.) Flash the Enigma2 image

Check the quick start section (page 14) in the AAF guide for nice screenshots and a better "visual" explanation - https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132717

Going back to IceCrypt firmware is also done through the AAF application. You first recover the firmware back to Atevio, change the Device ID to IceCrypt, set your Bootloader options to Original flash, boot into IceCrypt and then install the latest IceCrypt S4000 update via USB. I'll obivously assist you all of the way if you end up not liking Enigma2. Good Luck :)

ManikM
15-01-2011, 02:26 AM
this should be in a different thread as it has nothing to do with my post.

BUT im going to try the box running without any plugins for a few days - see what happens...

jacksback
15-01-2011, 08:29 AM
this should be in a different thread as it has nothing to do with my post.

BUT im going to try the box running without any plugins for a few days - see what happens...

Apologies for ******ing your thread. Good luck with your test

EDIT - I said High Jack i n g :)

ManikM
16-01-2011, 12:04 PM
no worries, mate, you should repost your comments under the correct title as it will be very helpful to others, and wouldnt think to look in a post entitled "box crashing .."

cheers

PS since not running MCAS my box hasnt froze once in two days, im going to give it a week, and if its still running fine, then its obviously MCAS causing the freezing...

Friendly-Face
16-01-2011, 01:08 PM
i have Octagon 1018 and have the same problem as you
Lyckly i do not use it at daily basic but more for test, the problems is think are with some boxes not with all. IM on first AAF enigma2 ther summer edition or something like this

ManikM
16-01-2011, 10:13 PM
i have Octagon 1018 and have the same problem as you
Lyckly i do not use it at daily basic but more for test, the problems is think are with some boxes not with all. IM on first AAF enigma2 ther summer edition or something like this

u mean your box hangs? do u run OctaCAM?

does it hang when you dont run any plugins?

ManikM
19-01-2011, 02:09 PM
please see my other thread here for "hopeful" fix

http://satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=146617

ManikM
22-01-2011, 01:30 AM
cccam worked fine but didnt clear what mcas can

im now trying mcas without my freesat card in, and see what happens

plaskotki
22-01-2011, 10:28 PM
cccam worked fine but didnt clear what mcas can

im now trying mcas without my freesat card in, and see what happens
What did you use with e2? Was that working ok? Please advice.

ManikM
23-01-2011, 07:51 PM
i could clear rai with cccam214 mate

ManikM
26-01-2011, 08:55 PM
...for 5 days now, ive been running MCAS without my SLY WHITE card in it, not one crash.

Happy days.

Must have been the card.

Ill clean the chip and retry and see how it goes...

ManikM
02-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Confirmed - it was the Freesat card causing my lockups.

I'm reluctant to use it again, and i wander - does anyone run a UK SLY white card with MCAS without issue?

if so, what mcas versions, and which f/w

thanks pimps!

Gaza
02-02-2011, 10:03 PM
İ to had this problem with the latest mcas i am trying to remember how far back i should go if i get a chance to try it ill let you know

ManikM
02-02-2011, 10:08 PM
lol now u tell me, ive had the same problem for MANY revisions of MCAS tho mate, so maybe its a different issue

thanks for your input anyway