PDA

View Full Version : Spider to Spider?

happy camper
14-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Hi have been reading threads but cannot find an answer.Is it possible to feed one spider with another at another address without them having a dish? Thanks...

manic01
14-01-2011, 03:28 PM
How would it get a signal then?
Of course for a satellite receiver to work it needs a satellite dish/satellite signal.
It cannot decode a signal if none present.

mikie8
14-01-2011, 03:35 PM
i dont have a spiderbox so i have no idea .

but some boxes do have streaming plugins avalible , how good they are again i dont know . but its streaming your after if that helps .

john.dat
14-01-2011, 10:13 PM
You need a satellite dish + Internet connection

happy camper
15-01-2011, 12:48 AM
I have spider + internet is it possible to stream my feed to there box they have internet, but no chance of a dish...Cheers...

john.dat
15-01-2011, 01:32 AM
I have spider + internet is it possible to stream my feed to there box they have internet, but no chance of a dish...Cheers...

No

You need an IPTV box to do that but if they have Internet, thay could could receive the whole stream without your box / connection .

happy camper
15-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks for reply,could you please explain? IPTV? and also how they could receive whole stream wihout my box?. Sorry for ignorance still learning myself Thanks...

john.dat
15-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks for reply,could you please explain? IPTV? and also how they could receive whole stream wihout my box?. Sorry for ignorance still learning myself Thanks...

IPTV = Internet Provider TV - I read you will need a minimum line speed of 2 MB but higher would be better - the IP provides 'Live Streaming' TV which means the Piccy+audio so no satellite dish required nor any connection with another box, just the Internet .Most likely will consume lotsa MB so a good package required with no limits on usage eg Plusnet 60GB monthly usage allowance, speed upto 20mb/sec for £11.49 / month ;)

happy camper
16-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks for info will pass it on.....