PDA

View Full Version : tm6900hd rebooting

joany
15-01-2011, 07:27 PM
My tm6900 hd super has started rebooting itself maybe every minute. this is happening whilst watching satellite or terrestrial.

has anybody else seen this problem?

I have 7.26p running with a 5ootb passport usb drive.

One recent addition to my setup includes powering a wireless bridge from the usb at the rear (I havent tried without yet but maybe I will if problem doesnt go away).

holmroad
15-01-2011, 11:17 PM
My tm6900 hd super has started rebooting itself maybe every minute. this is happening whilst watching satellite or terrestrial.

has anybody else seen this problem?

I have 7.26p running with a 5ootb passport usb drive.

One recent addition to my setup includes powering a wireless bridge from the usb at the rear (I havent tried without yet but maybe I will if problem doesnt go away).

Think that MIGHT be your problem Joany, but who knows without at least trying it mate?
I'm currently on patch 737P which seems to be functioning perfectly - for ME at least:respect-055:!

tony52
16-01-2011, 10:59 AM
patch 737P is the best patch out at the moment well worth the upgrade

holmroad
16-01-2011, 02:24 PM
patch 737P is the best patch out at the moment well worth the upgrade

Thats exactly what I thought too Tony mate!:respect-055:

KnockJohn
16-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Joaney,

I've just had a look back to https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=135752 in which GIGA says that there was a problem with some re-booting.

I can echo the others in saying that 737p is rather good.

When you upgrade past 730, you might find that your box doesn't auto re-boot on completion of the upload like normal. We all had this with one of the steps (Can't remember which one now) but it's there in this forum somewhere.

KJ

fred fickle
25-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Had the same rebooting problem with 736 reloaded different soft three times still the same so went back to 729 and all perfect for the last 2 weeks so I gather from a PC ****** who has seen the error on my unit before it konks out (gobbledegook in transponder freqs) that a virus of some sort is embedded in the later softs, make sure to default the box when you change back.
Better safe than sorry so stick with the old ones.