View Full Version : RTi core RC2 Enigma 2

MickeySa
16-01-2011, 03:29 AM
Change Log :

- New drivers from 15.01.2011

- New kernel 2.6.22-19 from 15.01.2011

- Recording ( Test phase )

- DVB Subtitles

- Fixed problem with HD Channels on 23.5 E ( We need confirmation for 1w and 30w HD channels )

- Standby fix

- Added Deinterlace settings in A/V Settings

- Added Welcome *******.py

- Some fixes in Multimedia part

- Several main fixes in enigma2 and .py files which improve overall Stability

Download:

http://www.azbox-enigma.eu

UPDATE:

A/V Settings Crash FIX :

http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/RTi/forum/showthread.php?20-RTi-core-RC2-Enigma-2&p=61&viewfull=1#post61

RogerThis
16-01-2011, 03:46 AM
Thanks The_Ripper and MickeySa + the whole RTi team.

Wh0ami
16-01-2011, 03:54 AM
sweet, been following the test thread from the beginning and one of theese days im gonna get in on the action hopefully we`re getting closer and closer to dvb-c tuner support. For now, a million thanks, keep up the great job, u guys rock !!!
piz!

[0_o]
16-01-2011, 04:18 AM
1M Thanks!!! :bowing-036:

MickeySa
16-01-2011, 07:25 AM
A/V Settings crash FIX :

http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/RTi/forum/showthread.php?20-RTi-core-RC2-Enigma-2&p=61&viewfull=1#post61

BIGIFA
16-01-2011, 08:27 AM
top chapps now to sort out the rf module lol only joking there is far more important things than that i am happy to wait quiatly but thank you again for your hard work team

the illuminati
16-01-2011, 09:03 AM
A/V Settings crash FIX :

thank you but this zip file is broken deinterlace.zip
gives me corpted file

vikino
16-01-2011, 09:21 AM
The image is blurry at 1080i, but OSD is ... OK, and letters in OSD OK. At 1080p the picture is good, but it is not beautiful as in the RC1, where I picture hyped to heaven and the 1080i.
When is 1080p but OSD letters terribly gritty, illegible ...

-media player - start Avatar.mkv - green screen
DVD-player - dvd movie to start int. HDD - green screen

satdish101
16-01-2011, 09:49 AM
RC2 install uneventful although HDMI display not detected/identified. Azbox defaulted to composite video output which required brief composite connection to change to HDMI 1080p. Green screen of death are frequent occurrence with Positioner setup module. Green screens were also seen with Mediaplayer upon trying to play .ts file and at least once during a satellite scan. There is no audio from channels with AC3 sound, which was also a problem with RC1. I have not tried to manually enter in the AC3 data with dreamboxedit to determine whether this is an issue with the transponder scan not properly detecting AC3 audio or if it is a problem with the audio decoder.

bobster
16-01-2011, 10:23 AM
We should avoid this version?

the illuminati
16-01-2011, 10:40 AM
it is a disappiontment back to RC1

goran999
16-01-2011, 10:41 AM
RC2 install uneventful although HDMI display not detected/identified. Azbox defaulted to composite video output which required brief composite connection to change to HDMI 1080p. Green screen of death are frequent occurrence with Positioner setup module. Green screens were also seen with Mediaplayer upon trying to play .ts file and at least once during a satellite scan. There is no audio from channels with AC3 sound, which was also a problem with RC1. I have not tried to manually enter in the AC3 data with dreamboxedit to determine whether this is an issue with the transponder scan not properly detecting AC3 audio or if it is a problem with the audio decoder.

confirmed - Positioner setup module and mediaplayer always end up with green screen, testing on Premium

RogerThis
16-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm also getting green screens in Media Player, just while browsing folders.

Cirio
16-01-2011, 11:14 AM
While image quality is really good on SD and HD channels i end up with a lot of green screen simply browsing menus or starting media player.
I can't configure a/v settings (i downloaded the fix). i got only the second part of the config screen (i.e. no hdmi/component selection) and when i push "OK" i got a green screen.
Subtitles working like a charm but i can't disable'em.
Audio is always PCM no way i can get dolby digital output which was workin perfectly in the pre-RC releases (any of the RC releases let me hear dolbydigital)
Selecting subtitles in media player bring to a green screen (Green Screen Of Death?:302: )

I will try to go back to RC1 updating only the driver from RC2.

xfx6600
16-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Update alone the channel list, why?, and add the channels that remove, I do not want to appear. can be disabled? how?

damo
16-01-2011, 11:46 AM
release candidate?! This is alpha version!!!

Cirio
16-01-2011, 11:51 AM
While image quality is really good on SD and HD channels i end up with a lot of green screen simply browsing menus or starting media player.
I can't configure a/v settings (i downloaded the fix). i got only the second part of the config screen (i.e. no hdmi/component selection) and when i push "OK" i got a green screen.
Subtitles working like a charm but i can't disable'em.
Audio is always PCM no way i can get dolby digital output which was workin perfectly in the pre-RC releases (any of the RC releases let me hear dolbydigital)
Selecting subtitles in media player bring to a green screen (Green Screen Of Death?:302: )

I will try to go back to RC1 updating only the driver from RC2.

UPDATE: deleting the dowloaded fix (deinterlace) and creating a new one (touch /etc/deinterlace) fixes the a/v settings crash but selecting audio source SPIDF does not work (always PCM out).
Usng default skin instead of blakchole seems to resolve a few green screen.

moicas3004
16-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Guys, anyone know how to record to USB1?

Because HDD initialization fails to mount the drive, where should i mount it?

Cirio
16-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Guys, anyone know how to record to USB1?

Because HDD initialization fails to mount the drive, where should i mount it?

Hi,
didn't try the recording yet
but the hdd is mounted correctly.
Have you tried to reboot? after installation my usb hdd was not mounted correctly but after first reboot is working fine.

mx700
16-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Hello

1-My upgrade running ok, have to reboot 3 times before having sound.
2-upgrade with hdglass 16 via dcc ok
3-install cccam ok
4-channel list ok
5-plugin cccam info 1.3 ok
6-Trying to access av settings no good, deadly green screen!!
7-hd channels seems a litle bit better than rc1,specially some little breaks as reported many times here by many usres.
8-image in hd seems a little bit better, but seems to have dificult on focus, we can notice some intermitent focus of the image wich result in clean and less clean image.
9-HDD mounted automaticly i just created th folder HDD in root and created a symlink for it.
10-picons work nice here in hdd as cross epg

note: we have a higth expectations about that release RC2 that why ppl are a little disapointed,anyway let's keep that in mind that is gaves a lot of work and special the all intire drivers has been upgraded wich are very important too, now it's time to think about oficial version!!

best regards and thanks

MX700:bravo-009:

stevie1961
16-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm very happy with RC1 and have been using it for everyday use on my old board Elite.

Reading through the posts for RC2, there seem to be a few problems, Has anybody tried it on an Elite. Are the problems only related to certain boxes?

If you are having problems with RC2 , what box do you have?

I am dying to try RC2

puhcho
16-01-2011, 01:04 PM
note: we have a higth expectations about that release RC2 that why ppl are a little disapointed
:iagree:

Cirio
16-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Hello

6-Trying to access av settings no good, deadly green screen!!

Try this:
telnet to the box
type: touch /etc/deinterlace

reboot and you can now access the a/v settings page.

Hope this helps,

cs_azbox
16-01-2011, 01:58 PM
have the following problem. Badge when I try to change the configuration of the sats and key disecq. Sometimes it even hangs around the box only when I unplug the power, someone else with this problem? RC1 in the previous picture was normal that part.:confused:

cjjdool
16-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I would like to use the new tuner (SD/HD) RC2 drivers in the RC1 build only (so stay at RC1 with new Tuner drivers which fixed HD stutter issues)

Can this be done, if so, what are the involved files and here/how can I get them?

damo
16-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Standby fixed???? what? this is not ok! Who have tested this funktion? not work!, sorry this a very bad firmware , we say thanks, we are pacience, but this time I am very worry....

VFL
16-01-2011, 02:16 PM
i have some problem media player not working for me. when i go Media Player any musik play green,

picon work fine with DOM and with specfic on USB-Stick
standby need have install azbox_standy_repair-iamge then work fine

for sky DE HD all channel not showing many crash picture

neo.70
16-01-2011, 02:23 PM
i agree image is alot more stable and reliable, the only thing that i don`t like is hd quality seems very grainy, but on 28.2 the stuttering has gone and audio is in sync, im happy, but somebody talked about big changes for rc2 i don`t really see them but as i say brilliant work keep it up!....

crawley
16-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Standby fixed???? what? this is not ok! Who have tested this funktion? not work!, sorry this a very bad firmware , we say thanks, we are pacience, but this time I am very worry....

Standby works perfectly now for me with this RC2 on my Ultra. :D

MoRpHiUS_x
16-01-2011, 02:52 PM

What are patients?

I'm sick of seeing day in and day too demanding release of new version.

To have spent two days with no news and we're nervous asking for a new release.

Please for the sake of all let's put pressure on the team and instead of taking a firm running and failures, then calmly and with relevant testings.

mx700
16-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Try this:
telnet to the box
type: touch /etc/deinterlace

reboot and you can now access the a/v settings page.

Hope this helps,

Dear colleague

i mean after instalations, it was reported due to that issue.
now it's fixed with the new file.

anyway thanks

MX700

puhcho
16-01-2011, 04:00 PM
What are patients?

I'm sick of seeing day in and day too demanding release of new version.

To have spent two days with no news and we're nervous asking for a new release.

Please for the sake of all let's put pressure on the team and instead of taking a firm running and failures, then calmly and with relevant testings.

Yes, this release mocks at us, the team mocks at us!
We are very disappointed. We have waited so long!!! (3 Weeks) !!! and this is the worst firmware that we ever had.
This is not RC2, this is ALPHA!

MoRpHiUS_x
16-01-2011, 04:10 PM
We are very disappointed. We have waited so long!!! (3 Weeks) !!! and this is the worst firmware that we ever had.

If you do not like the result you have 2 choices:

1. Program it yourself.

2. sell your box.

Fewer complaints and more contribute.

pingflood
16-01-2011, 04:23 PM

SVN is open.

Stop whining and get your hands dirty!

eme
16-01-2011, 04:24 PM
why are people moaning at the time things take. are u paying for the firmware no, are the programmers doing things during there home time, yes. so the simple answer is wait, stop moaning or dont use it untill others say thing are sorted. very simple really. in other words stop bloody moaning

xanadu
16-01-2011, 04:28 PM
My 1st Tests on Premium+

The Bad

Need to use SCART on install to see Video. HDMI not work untill setting changed.
Manual Satellite Scan crashes with Green screen (Only tested 28.2E)
Tuner setup for Diseq 1.2 Astra 19.2E storing SAT position number Crash with Green screen
Occasional no audio on channel change (BBC HD)

The Good

Lip sync seems fixed on 28.2E SD & HD
Picture Quality Good HD & SD
Channel Change speed seems faster

The_Ripper
16-01-2011, 04:41 PM
@puhcho
We publish E2 and gstreamer SVN, so everyone can help us and me. I am doing my best, I am here always and asking for everyone help and to receive any criticism, but to tell me that I mock you or somebody else ....

EDIT:

@pingflood
Thx.

puhcho
16-01-2011, 04:48 PM
The_Ripper, I'm sorry, if I offended you.
Today is not my day. :bowing-036:

alcafone
16-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Great work thnk!

Only a question. i'have registred some programs ..
i have found on hdd file's in .ts format .. but i can't play them
30 min of recording .. files of 500mb but noting to do azbox can't play this files .

vlc on pc nothing to do

popcorn hour c200 nothing to do

inetbox (enigma1) notingh to do

Regards!!!

:respect-040::respect-055:

peter1176
16-01-2011, 05:04 PM
The_Ripper, I'm sorry, if I offended you.
Today is not my day. :bowing-036:

just my 2 pennies worth
i 4 one think your doing a great job.keep up the good work
an all thanks 2 the ripper an team

MV_BEST
16-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I think that the image is a very good work regards the tv mode(haven't tested others).Picture is very good.Still having problems with some hd channels(novacinema hd,novasports hd greece)but it's not easy to make all things work in such a little time.All the guys do a hard work.Patience guys and best luck to the team.:bravo-009:

BE-COOL
16-01-2011, 05:14 PM
For everybody that is anxious, I recomend to use last original firmware with OScam as emu and give RTi team the time needed to make E2 functional. Remember that kathrein and ipbox receivers only got E2 stable about 2 years later from first realese.

OScam is now the best softcam available, I stooped using CCcam, since now OScam as the ability to be server and client of cccam protocol. Now I have my Azbox connected to 17 servers and 20 clients (just like I did with CCcam in my DM500), and the internal card reader works, just use latest patched version with dvb-api from Dax of OScam forum.

There are far more important things in life than a buggy firmware. Sometimes I still get ****ed with my azbox, but not as much as I am with war, hunger and suffering in the world.

Regards.

4myazbox
16-01-2011, 05:27 PM
It has absolutly nothing to do with this promising software project, but I have to say that the previous remark was a good one. I mean the one in respect to wars and hunger / thirst on this only planet we have. Consider that the money spent in Irak war, would have been enough to solve all water problems on this planet. But 1.3 per thousand are owning 10% of this planets ownable resources - and they seem not to be interested in solving the important issues - respectively they do not think that hunger and thirst are important issues .... what a crazy place to be born into...

I am just gratefull that we have the ripper and a team and individuals contributing to fulfill what opensat has promised that this azbox should be and do. And as I am also a software developper, I do know very well that a release can seem worse than a previous one, although a big step forward has been achieved in principle. The ones of you who do not know what software development is like, please try to understand that it is not a linear process. All you could do, and what professional teams like the one from opensat, should have done, is to install a regression test process that insures that these releases do not get to the customer(s). But even this is not easy.
I wish you courage and good luck and :respect-055::respect-055:

GOG
16-01-2011, 05:50 PM
That was a new approach. Think of the starving children if something doesn't work.

Why don't you spend your money on food for those children instead of buying sat receivers? I'm pretty sure the price for an azbox would save the life of atleast 10 children in a third world country.

****ing hypocrits.

BE-COOL
16-01-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm involved in Portuguese Zeitgeist movement and as been volunteer whole my life, and you? What do you do beside whining about a piece of metal? Get a life!

peter1176
16-01-2011, 05:57 PM
That was a new approach. Think of the starving children if something doesn't work.

Why don't you spend your money on food for those children instead of buying sat receivers? I'm pretty sure the price for an azbox would save the life of atleast 10 children in a third world country.

****ing hypocrits.

PMSL now that i found funny

Bertole
16-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Azbox HD will eventually supplanting the Dreambox and I hope you succeed.
Thank you for RC2 to test and I'm fairly satisfied.
GOG little you miss the theme for this stuff, there are forums for that.

nstergi
16-01-2011, 06:05 PM
any news when we expect the neutrino image?

can you post any forum links?

GOG
16-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm involved in Portuguese Zeitgeist movement and as been volunteer whole my life, and you? What do you do beside whining about a piece of metal? Get a life!
Good for you. But this is not the forum for that. Whining about sat receivers is though.

The_Ripper
16-01-2011, 06:48 PM
@alcafone
For some reason E2 doesnt send me PMT pid for recording (dont know why :S), it just record PAT,Audio,Video and teletext pid.

Anyone have insight why is this happening ?

moicas3004
16-01-2011, 07:42 PM
@alcafone
For some reason E2 doesnt send me PMT pid for recording (dont know why :S), it just record PAT,Audio,Video and teletext pid.

One more update on that.

In a PC it plays the TS files, gives a error before playing but it plays the file with good quality.

For my surprise i even have made 2 recordings at the same time of 2 SD chanels in the same transponder

sectorNOlimits
16-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi all, my first install gone bad!!

In Wiz-ard I selected the HDMI 1080p50i (correct one for me) and then I never seen nothing on TV. If I restart the box and in VFD I see the progress count reach 100 and then Azbox E2, but nothing on the screen, I also attached a SCART cable but nothing appear on my TV. So I decide to restart AzUp.
I don't remeber exactly what to do for getting the box working with HDMI. This time I'll select Composite, but I would try also with HDMI, does someone know or remember what to do in this situation?

Thank you very much, SNL

akyprian
16-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Hi all,

I haven't managed to really test my azbox premium HD with E2 yet. Reason is that both with RC1 and RC2, I can't get a NORMAL satellite signal. Strength is 99, quality is 0 BER is 22.

Is anybody else facing the same problem or is it only me? The very same azbox receives NORMAL satellite signal with the original firmware. Strength 94%, Quality 61%

Any ideas, please?

Regards

moicas3004
16-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi all,

I haven't managed to really test my azbox premium HD with E2 yet. Reason is that both with RC1 and RC2, I can't get a NORMAL satellite signal. Strength is 99, quality is 0 BER is 22.

Is anybody else facing the same problem or is it only me? The very same azbox receives NORMAL satellite signal with the original firmware. Strength 94%, Quality 61%

Any ideas, please?

Regards

Have you setup the tunner in the Services menu?

hfmls
16-01-2011, 11:17 PM
One more update on that.

In a PC it plays the TS files, gives a error before playing but it plays the file with good quality.

For my surprise i even have made 2 recordings at the same time of 2 SD chanels in the same transponder

here both samples u sent me play ok in mediaplayer classic without any error at all :)

tx0
16-01-2011, 11:41 PM
anyone have a direct link for this fw image? I'm too lazy to search it on some other forum

jankais
16-01-2011, 11:44 PM
BE-COOL How can i run that osCam?

Cirio
16-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Mediaplayer crash after 15/30 secs always.
Playing usual mkv @ 720p workin in previous release.
It happens playing from cifs or usb HD, playing subtitles or not.

Here's a log of the last crash, hope this helps

moicas3004
16-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Mediaplayer crash after 15/30 secs always.
Playing usual mkv @ 720p workin in previous release.
It happens playing from cifs or usb HD, playing subtitles or not.

Here's a log of the last crash, hope this helps

Already reported on oficial svn site.

T0rca1950
17-01-2011, 12:57 AM
I reported this (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=777022&postcount=27) mediaplayer bug nearly a month ago and it still isn't solved.

The thing is this, every file that I play in media player that isn't at 30 fps plays bad.
To make it simple:

30.00 fps -> plays good
29.97 fps -> audio and video get unsyncronized after some time
25.00 fps -> unwatchable, catastrophal (audio plays good but video goes crazy)

Just one question, will media player in near future support .mp4 videos?
I noticed that multimedia part has the slowest progress...
In two last releases there were really no changes...

Just one more notice, I thing you have hurried up a little bit with "release candidate" status...

Thanksgod, SVN is out, I look really foward to see the work of other teams too, thank you for that and everything other you done for this box...

And, ofcourse, keep the good work!

akyprian
17-01-2011, 04:58 AM
Have you setup the tunner in the Services menu?

Definately, yes. The tuner is properly configured in the services menu. Simple setup, Hotbird. In the satfinder menu, I got the false level, quality, BER as already mentioned. In addition, "LOCK" is ticked! And yes, I have tried both the new and old type of tuner (one at a time) because I have both. It is not a tuner problem.

I guess my mainboard is the old model too, haven't really checked. If you want I can check and give more info.

I read on the net that some people had the same problem with older versions of E2 but I don't see them nagging anymore. Is it ok for them with RC1 and RC2 ?

Regards

sattommy
17-01-2011, 07:09 AM
I reported this (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=777022&postcount=27) mediaplayer bug nearly a month ago and it still isn't solved.

The thing is this, every file that I play in media player that isn't at 30 fps plays bad.
To make it simple:

30.00 fps -> plays good

Just one more notice, I thing you have hurried up a little bit with "release candidate" status...

Thanksgod, SVN is out, I look really foward to see the work of other teams too, thank you for that and everything other you done for this box...

Go and buy a book about c++ and start developping your self. SVN is open for gstreamer plugin. So far nobody has offered help.

I develop when I have time, but time is limited currently.

Thnx for the support you are giving with whining :respect-040:!!!

@ALL
There is a really small team doing the development right now. So if all would be in their right mind keep your critism to bug reporting only. Leave your negative opinions out of this thread, cause you have the option not to use E2!

Bug reports are always welcome, but give plenty of details and keep it to the bug reporting.

Thnx

Sattommy

pateken
17-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Many people are very critical to you because the real culprit is hiding. These critici*** are the price you pay for being at the time the only ones who are able to make improvements to this decoder. Go your way and take the time you need. My advice is to not read all the posts of this forum, many people just to discredit the your job.

Thank you.

moicas3004
17-01-2011, 10:40 AM

To make it simple:

30.00 fps -> plays good

The mediaplyer already suports mp4 movies. I already whatched some mp4.

If you have some problem about it, report it in the SVN site and submit the media info file.

T0rca1950
17-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Go and buy a book about c++ and start developping your self. SVN is open for gstreamer plugin. So far nobody has offered help.

I develop when I have time, but time is limited currently.

Thnx for the support you are giving with whining :respect-040:!!!

Sattommy

You are serious? This is your answer?? Go and buy c++ book?? Very mature.
Do you maybe feel insulted? If you do I apologize!

But im not so sure witch part did insult you?
As you can see, I reported this bug nearly a MONTH ago and from then on I didn't get any response regarding that neither the bug is fixed.
Only multimedia bug that I reported and that was fixed is that one i sent to The Ripper via PM.

You are acting childish and refuse all criticism but you shall know, criticism is a very good thing.
If you don't have enough time maybe someone else with the knowledge should step in your place, dunno, just thinking on loud.
And regarding the c++ book, go and buy it yourself, it might be usefull.

Last thing, Im talking to all of you now (not to the team but to the audience), I don't get protecting attitude of some members here towards the team, people, they aren't little kids that they need this kind of protection, they are grown men and they need to look in the eyes of criticism, it's a good thing (here I mean on constructive critics with bug report, just like my post before this one).

It's a little bit stupid to keep saying in each post "keep the good job" and those kind of messages when the team knows they have our maximum support and respect.

The mediaplyer already suports mp4 movies. I already whatched some mp4.

If you have some problem about it, report it in the SVN site and submit the media info file.

Yesterday I tried to play some .mp4 files and it didn't play them, I'll do the report later, don't have enogh time now.

moicas3004
17-01-2011, 11:05 AM
I have played with the RC1. With RC2 i Get green screen in all files, but they play about 10 seconds before crash, so i can confirm that mp4 is available for play in Mediaplayer. Your problem maybe related to the type os compression used or software used to compress or convert to mp4.

Robertus78
17-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Last night I’ve played with RC2 , only with skins and television. It made a good impression on me. Sometimes the HD channels on 23e were stuttering but after switching channels they run good. Why they stutter sometimes I don’t know. Only RTL4HD on 23e gave problems but I think I have to search it in the CCcam configuration and not in Enigma. That’s why I’m really curious how Be-Cool runs Oscam in it, I really want to try it too ;-) !

The skins looks a little strange on 1080p, but nice on 1080i, only then the screen is not nice on my configuration.

I’m a completely Enigma NOOB, but I can see Rti did a perfect job! I really want to thank the team, I’m really happy with it. Can’t wait to go back home to play a little further with my new toy !!

moicas3004
17-01-2011, 11:52 AM
You are serious? This is your answer?? Go and buy c++ book?? Very mature.
Do you maybe feel insulted? If you do I apologize!

But im not so sure witch part did insult you?
As you can see, I reported this bug nearly a MONTH ago and from then on I didn't get any response regarding that neither the bug is fixed.
Only multimedia bug that I reported and that was fixed is that one i sent to The Ripper via PM.

You are acting childish and refuse all criticism but you shall know, criticism is a very good thing.
If you don't have enough time maybe someone else with the knowledge should step in your place, dunno, just thinking on loud.
And regarding the c++ book, go and buy it yourself, it might be usefull.

Last thing, Im talking to all of you now (not to the team but to the audience), I don't get protecting attitude of some members here towards the team, people, they aren't little kids that they need this kind of protection, they are grown men and they need to look in the eyes of criticism, it's a good thing (here I mean on constructive critics with bug report, just like my post before this one).

It's a little bit stupid to keep saying in each post "keep the good job" and those kind of messages when the team knows they have our maximum support and respect.

Yesterday I tried to play some .mp4 files and it didn't play them, I'll do the report later, don't have enogh time now.

What sattomy means is that the development on multimedia player is made by him and with some limited help by The_Ripper. With this manpower is very dificult to improve things faster.
If you look at other team they are 8/10 guys developing and in RTI team i think at this time there is only 2, Sattomy in Media and The_ripper on drivers and enigma. Both of them have a life like we all do and this E2 development isn't a job for them, is also a hobby, like to all of us beta testers and regular users.
The SVN is out and anyone with programing knowledge can help but no one gets their ands "dirty".

So the best way to help is bug reporting correctly, at the SVN site, with the correct data so we all can help them removing bugs and go forward.

The type of comments like "over a month i reported the bug and isnt solved" isn't going to help anyone.

Also comments like " this RC2 is very bad, going to original or going back to RC1 " is also spam in this tread, because it as nor debug info or any request for help in some problem.

So @all the guys that are following the development, just keep it real and keep it simple. Its the best way to help the development.

:respect-055:

cjjdool
17-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Installed RC2 without problems on Premium+
SD and HD picture fine in general but still see stutter on some HD channels like on Canal Digitaal NED1 and RTL4 on 23,5

With standby I have a problem:
- When going into standby for about 30 sec and then wake up all OK
- When going into standby for more then about 2 minutes and then wake up makes the receiver reboot.

Not seen any post of this wake up issue I see, anybody that can confirm they see the same behaviour?

kebien
17-01-2011, 02:59 PM
@alcafone

More information to understand the problem,please

You ask camd.socket for the SI?
The pmt can be read from it but is not recorded into the TS?
Is the system using /tmp/pmt.tmp to read pmt data or read direct from camd.socket?
The way I see it,PMT is delivered and parsed because audio/video pids are detected,then the problem lies in the recording demux not containing the PMT pid??

Is very hard to help without knowing how everything is actually set up in your images.
Maybe posting all this in this thread is not possible either.

MickeySa
17-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Last night I’ve played with RC2 , only with skins and television. It made a good impression on me. Sometimes the HD channels on 23e were stuttering but after switching channels they run good. Why they stutter sometimes I don’t know. Only RTL4HD on 23e gave problems but I think I have to search it in the CCcam configuration and not in Enigma. That’s why I’m really curious how Be-Cool runs Oscam in it, I really want to try it too ;-) !

The skins looks a little strange on 1080p, but nice on 1080i, only then the screen is not nice on my configuration.

I’m a completely Enigma NOOB, but I can see Rti did a perfect job! I really want to thank the team, I’m really happy with it. Can’t wait to go back home to play a little further with my new toy !!

Skin problem fix by Ilje :

http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/RTi/forum/showthread.php?21-Talk-RTi-core-RC2-Enigma-2&p=128&viewfull=1#post128

moicas3004
17-01-2011, 04:23 PM
SD and HD picture fine in general but still see stutter on some HD channels like on Canal Digitaal NED1 and RTL4 on 23,5

- When going into standby for more then about 2 minutes and then wake up makes the receiver reboot.

Not seen any post of this wake up issue I see, anybody that can confirm they see the same behaviour?

Wakeup problem already reported in oficial SVN Site.

Dig Deep
17-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I find this very strange. Some guys just install and all goes like a dream(!) others just slam their heads into a brick wall ?

Is there any reason for this ? Not reading the manual before install, not doing what is needed ?
or
are there so many versions of the AZ box out that some are better ?

Bertole
17-01-2011, 05:08 PM
RC1 is better then RC2, I get green screen every time when I do something;
*change settings on A/V- green screen
*change something on SAT settings- green screen
*internet settings -green screen
and so on....

kelddamsbo
17-01-2011, 05:13 PM

I have the same problem on P+

Mate
17-01-2011, 05:52 PM
and so on....

Unfortunately same here. Azbox Elite.

hfmls
17-01-2011, 06:16 PM
relax guys, some new features were added, now it's time for bugfix. Important features where added, step by step we'll get there. We're supposed to test and report...thats why it is called beta/alpha rc

the illuminati
17-01-2011, 06:17 PM

?

in SD and HD the picture is fine?? , fine is like no stutter or fine in picture clearence. yes the SD picture is fair but the HD is very poor .

why does the defult skin have a better picture quality than the others
so so the prob is in the skin???

GOG
17-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I find this very strange. Some guys just install and all goes like a dream(!) others just slam their heads into a brick wall ?

Is there any reason for this ? Not reading the manual before install, not doing what is needed ?
or
are there so many versions of the AZ box out that some are better ?
I beleive that many of these problems originate from the company Sigma itself. If it's bad hardware or bad software support, it doesn't matter how good coders The Ripper and his team are.

Sure, the specs look impressive, but are they? Many of us are sitting with a chipset that can't handle such a basic thing as twin tuners. Not to mention the ridiculous network speed.

The_Ripper
17-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I fixed crashing of the E2.

hfmls
17-01-2011, 07:05 PM

cool :)
new update/fix via enigma2, or new patch.bin?

mx700
17-01-2011, 07:09 PM

good to know! The Riper you diserve it that's for sure!!:respect-040:

MX700

kelddamsbo
17-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Some tests with RC2 on P+

1) Installation ok
2) Installation of usbserial and ftdi_sio ok
3) External Smargo ok
4) CCCam ok
5) newcs ok
6) A/V settings fix ok

Problems:
a) No output on HDMI, I had to use scart to get access to the setup menu
b) Crash in av settings before fix, not after
c) Get hot in std. by.
d) After 2 min std by, it reboots when I turn it on
e) Not possible to search single satellites in Diseqc 1.1, green screen (first satellite 1W ok)
f) Watch in VFD not accurate, loose 15 min in 8 hours
g) green screens in different menus

I like RC2, its better than RC1
Thank you very much for the work to the team

johank
17-01-2011, 07:42 PM
and so on....

I have same experience, I do enything and directly green screen
AZBOX Premium HD plus

xanadu
17-01-2011, 07:48 PM

Great stuff! :respect-040:

I expected it wouldn't take too long to fix. :)

crazy2
17-01-2011, 07:48 PM
internet settings -green screen
NetworkSetup.py fix
copy ftp "usr/lib/enigma2/python/screens"

http://www.multiupload.com/O20EZO4MQ7

[0_o]
17-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Thank you Ripper! Nice to see that you found problems so fast :respect-054:

internet settings -green screen
NetworkSetup.py fix
copy ftp "usr/lib/enigma2/python/screens"

http://www.multiupload.com/O20EZO4MQ7

Also thanks to you @crazy2.

Regards

naporex
17-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Premium+ Single DVB-S2 tuner
- Install ok
- first setup via ****** ok (I was using scart for first conf)
- create deinterlace file then setup in menu without any problems to 1080p50
- uploaded channle list for E2 without any problems
- Installed CCC without any problems
From saturday I had only 2 reboots of the box 1- while trying to play something in mediaplayer and 2-todays morning after wakeing up the box from standby.
For now best image so far (stability)

Anonymous
17-01-2011, 09:45 PM
AZBox HD Elite - LCD LG 42" HD Ready

Installation - OK
Channel list update with Dreamset - OK
Cccam and HD Glass skin install - OK
Rotor setup - 50-times green screen but finally - OK
Picons on USB - after small problems OK

Picture: deinterlace on horrible picture, deinterlace off great, crystal picture on SD and HD channels, for me better than official fw
Zap: very fast and stable
Cccam: great work
Skin and picons: beautifull
DVB subtitles: OK

For me, at this time, there are "must" things, and they working good.

Great work te@m, thanks :hurray::respect-040:

johan
17-01-2011, 10:16 PM
2) Installation of usbserial and ftdi_sio ok
3) External Smargo ok

as I know, smargo doesn't work in enigma 2 on Azbox. please post here how you succeded to get it work!

[0_o]
17-01-2011, 10:18 PM

Installation - OK

Picture: deinterlace on horrible picture, deinterlace off great, crystal picture on SD and HD channels, for me better than official fw

Strange thing! You say: "it is fantastic", but others say "it is terrible".

I dont understand all posts! :king-042:

xanadu
17-01-2011, 10:26 PM
;782040']Strange thing! You say: "it is fantastic", but others say "it is terrible".

I dont understand all posts! :king-042:

Everyone has different use of the box, so will always be someone happy. :)

[0_o]
17-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Everyone has different use of the box, so will always be someone happy. :)

True. But he says:

"Picture: deinterlace on horrible picture, deinterlace off great, crystal picture on SD and HD channels, for me better than official fw"

Pic is better in E2 than official fw! But, otherwise, others say picture is terrible, getting worse than before! :S

Anonymous
17-01-2011, 10:47 PM
For me picture is great, perfect. I have also DM800HD and picture is better on RC2. I watching SKY IT, SKY DE, and SKY UK HD channels.

[0_o]
17-01-2011, 11:11 PM
For me picture is great, perfect. I have also DM800HD and picture is better on RC2. I watching SKY IT, SKY DE, and SKY UK HD channels.

And I trust you! :)

I'm just trying to figure it out what is happening to other users... maybe some people doesnt know to manage E2 correctly!

Can you do more exhaustive tests? Like recording, timeshift, mediaplayer??

Thank you! :respect-054:

xanadu
17-01-2011, 11:15 PM

Picture was also good for me.

I see nothing obviously bad, and that is on a 50inch plasma.

Maybe people using SCART or LCD TV's? Too many variables.

radodroma
18-01-2011, 12:43 AM
as I know, smargo doesn't work in enigma 2 on Azbox. please post here how you succeded to get it work!

I would like to know that too...

gravatasufoca
18-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Great job. A big thank you.
Too bad I can not test it, here in Brazil we use cheops to open scrambled channels. And still there's no cheops to enigma 2.

I hope someday cheops works on enigma 2 too. :D

iwols
18-01-2011, 01:36 AM
cool :)
new update/fix via enigma2, or new patch.bin? which is it please

GOG
18-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Picture was also good for me.

I see nothing obviously bad, and that is on a 50inch plasma.

Maybe people using SCART or LCD TV's? Too many variables.
Please, do not turn this thread into another Plasma vs LCD war. LCD has its drawbacks and so has Plasma, in fact they're two crappy techniques compared to CRT.

[0_o]
18-01-2011, 03:29 AM
Please, do not turn this thread into another Plasma vs LCD war. LCD has its drawbacks and so has Plasma, in fact they're two crappy techniques compared to CRT.

Really!

kelddamsbo
18-01-2011, 06:22 AM

1. copying drivers to /lib/modules/2.6.22.19-19-the_ripper/extra/
2. depmod -a
3. mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0
4. modprobe usbserial
5. modprobe ftdi_sio
6. Plugged in smargo and a valid smartcard.

xanadu
18-01-2011, 09:00 AM
;782077']Really!

No, he's joking. :D

johan
18-01-2011, 10:27 AM
2. depmod -a
4. modprobe usbserial
5. modprobe ftdi_sio

settings in newcs or oscam or... are like in dm800?

Anonymous
18-01-2011, 12:09 PM
After switching off (standby) tonight, this morning remote is dead. Date is OK, time is 25 minutes late, but remote is dead. Only way is to switch off button on the back side.

johan
18-01-2011, 03:35 PM
2. depmod -a
4. modprobe usbserial
5. modprobe ftdi_sio

please confirm this! this is important! smargo does not work nowhere with RC2 except in your Azbox?
please put all your conf. files here so we can try to make it work!

valerie
18-01-2011, 04:34 PM

hello
can you
make please for us a small new update to fix it mean a small correctif
thanks a lot for answer
cheers

valerie
18-01-2011, 05:14 PM
"Don't be evil"
It's not provocation
All of us wait for the answer
thanks a lot
cheers

kelddamsbo
18-01-2011, 05:26 PM
settings in newcs or oscam or... are like in dm800?

I don´t know, but they are the same as in the original firmware

kelddamsbo
18-01-2011, 05:55 PM
please confirm this! this is important! smargo does not work nowhere with RC2 except in your Azbox?
please put all your conf. files here so we can try to make it work!

It works here on P+, just put the files ind the dirs as in the zip, then give all files chmod 755.
You can now start both CCcam and newcs with CAMD Manager in E2, and they will always start also when you boot.

lukinario2
18-01-2011, 06:32 PM
2. depmod -a
4. modprobe usbserial
5. modprobe ftdi_sio

Confirmed!!!

Anonymous
18-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Standby isn't fixed, after few tests there is no way to power on receiver with remote after standby.

moicas3004
18-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Standby isn't fixed, after few tests there is no way to power on receiver with remote after standby.

we all already know that. The bug remains and the quick fix from RC1 doesn't work on RC2.

bobster
18-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Will the crash fix be out soon?

moicas3004
18-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Will the crash fix be out soon?

I dont know, we just have to wait. The_ripper already told that it was fixed

Originally Posted by The_Ripper

peter1176
19-01-2011, 09:41 AM
loaded the RC2 hay ho black screen.deleted axup 2.6 clean install went like a dream lol booted straight in 2 HDMI great pic sd/hd 42" philips plasma
well done ripper an team

Karabey
21-01-2011, 02:17 AM

Installation - OK

How can i install Picons on HDD?

hfmls
21-01-2011, 05:29 AM
talk here pls.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=146731