PDA

View Full Version : Clampdown

brain
23-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi guys
I am trying to do a manual install on a Gem image but it wont come up - OK on PP image. Also having gone to Gemini download all Cams etc have disappeared - have I missed something? A new crackdown? Dealer pressure? Cheers - brain

sonic1
23-01-2011, 06:45 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=146815

brain
23-01-2011, 07:08 PM
thanks for that Sonic M8. Is this all to do with the C/S explosion/dealers cartel? Is there a .tar.bz2 version of your MG1.35 patched cam? I only have tar.gz and it wont be accepted renamed. thanks for your usual fast help. Brain

sonic1
23-01-2011, 09:49 PM
.tar.bz2 what is that for m8 ?

You can always unpack what is packed and ftp yourself. :respect-055:

brain
23-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Hi Sonic
Some come down as .tar.gz and some as .tar.bz2 and some images wont allow Manual update of the first but needs the second or so it seems..ipk is not an issue - or am I just being slow - you will obviously know. Anyway - have found the bz2 version and as you rightly say - it will make those of us who love the hobby get back to basics. I am just interested in what certain CS things will do when no longer profitable - new box or new mod. Will have to search deeper and get back to trying to understand Fausto agin!! Havent managed to fully conquer this - or TM 6900 82-- jobby!! however - with so many films so easy to download and/or stream round the house - and not being a great footie fan perhaps I shant miss it all too much lol. Cheers - Brain