PDA

View Full Version : Manual install

brain
24-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi Guys
All of a sudden I cannot get any .ipk or.tar.bz2 files to manually install in my Peter pan image. Also can someone point me to an Mgcam file for Bulsat for this image. I have tried manual install and also manual insertion of files into existing MGcam [not forgettingCHmod 755] but no joy. 31/1 - answered my own question by manually loading into the existing Mgcamd.Many thanks - Brain

brain
31-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Its only thick old me again, but with the recent clampdown can anyone find manual install on openblackhole,Gem and most other images? Any light on this would be very welcome. Many thanks - Brain

oldfart
31-01-2011, 08:07 PM
can you install via telnet??

brain
31-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi Oldfart
Sorry its me being a pain again [ by the way the new PPan 2.2 is great and you can delete the bloomin subtitle addon!!See my other thread on this image.] - Telnet takes me back to the first time I first tried to load a 7000 seven years ago! I dont use it so am dim on this one. I have DCC so is there a guide - I will do a search on here or Google. Just done so and got install BA by Telnet -assume process will work for other inserts.many thanks. Brain

jeffdmlover
31-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Try PLI image mate, best about at the moment.
No probs with cams download either. Have is running perfectly on my DM8000

oldfart
01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
to install ipk files
transfer them onto your box with ftp, normal location is /tmp
using telnet, change to your ftp directory - cd /tmp
if you don't like typing, use 'ls' (like dir for linux) - right click mouse,choose mark from the menu, and highlight the file you want - press return to copy the text
now type ipkg install (with a space at the end)
right click and choose paste
press return
done!

alternatively
cd /tmp
ipkg install the-name-of-the-file-you-want-to-install.ipk

brain
01-02-2011, 11:51 PM
thanks again M8.
Am saving what you say and will use it. Cheers - brain