PDA

View Full Version : help with tomtom xxl

little devil
24-01-2011, 07:19 PM
hi guys just got a brand new device yesterday and have a few questions,I have backed up my device and then updated the map but it goes on about nothern western europe, central eastern europe and so on so here is my question, how many times do I get to change my map, or do I have to download them all?? and will I be able to change them from the computer? using the tomtom home ??:bowing-036:

Russell1
24-01-2011, 07:40 PM
You should get one free update using the latest map guarantee, after that you can either pay for the new maps or have a look in here on how to update :). If you want different maps just download & install them.

little devil
24-01-2011, 07:56 PM
it does not say to update it says which map do you want and gives you about 4 to choose from, the tomtom i have on the box it said 44 countries but there is only 2 gig on the device, so can,t have them all

Russell1
24-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Has it got IQ Routes & ALG etc ?
The full Western Europe v860 map with IQ Routes & ALG is over 2gb, so will not fit onto your unit, so the alternative is to either use a map with a smaller coverage area or use a map without IQ Routes & ALG. The earlier Western Europe maps were under 2gb, so they used to fit on it (had the same problem with my Go730, but I have also got a memory card slot on mine)
If you have any problems 'finding' a map, let me know what you want & what version.

little devil
24-01-2011, 10:59 PM
yes it has all that thank you russell1