PDA

View Full Version : patch upload

maggie
29-01-2011, 11:32 AM
hi, me again! i'm trying to load a patch for the canl+ned, unzipped file, putit in patch, put stick in spider, accessories, selected patch which is on stick, says do you want to import file yes or no, pressed yes, nothing happened.
on the installation guide on here, it says selct s/w update, i didn't get that part up, what am i doing wrong?
thanks in advance
maggie

wolves
29-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Hmm.. just load this softcam https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=783939&postcount=2 and CD NL should be up running mate.. :respect-051:
Suppose you have turned UCAS to ON..

ramjet
29-01-2011, 01:44 PM
make sure stick is formatted in fat32 first by checking it in windows explorer and use right mouse and properties

then unzip the patch file and place into a folder called patches or firmware on the stick using copy and paste in windows explorer from unpack folder on hdd to usb stick patch folder

place into spiderbox and go to usb option in accessory , first save your channel list and system file from the spiderbox to the stick , then factory reset the box

go to the patch folder and highlight the gift patch and press ok

now you should get a menu onscreen with S/W Update at the top , select that and it will update the receiver

after this happens , reboot the box and factory reset for a second time

reboot again and check the gift patch and date is correct in system info

load your channel list back in , turn ucas and networking on , reset the key data , and afterwards load the latest softcam too

lastly , set your position again for usals if using it to turn a motor

wolves
29-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Thank's for excellent guide for patching box with new firm ramjet :respect-054:, but conserning the CD NL channels only latest softcam is needed..

ramjet
29-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Thank's for excellent guide for patching box with new firm ramjet :respect-054:, but conserning the CD NL channels only latest softcam is needed..

fair comment but he said patch and is following the patch procedure
if he meant softcam he should say so and follow the softcam update procedure

I suspect he doesnt know the difference and its not surprising he is failing ;)

maggie
29-01-2011, 03:48 PM
thanks all, ramjet, i know you will laugh, but, being ma mere woman, i have no idea how to format to fat 32???
where do i find that? also what is ucas??
crumbs, i don't know much do i?!! i think your patience is needed
at least as far as i'm concerned!
thanks to all who help!
maggie

RABBY
29-01-2011, 03:59 PM
maggie

thanks all, ramjet, i know you will laugh, but, being ma mere woman, i have no idea how to format to fat 32???

One thing at a Time ?

Formatting Pen Drive

1 Stick your drive into your USB Port

2 Find it on your computer ? Right Click on your drive ? Click on [ Format ] Were it says ?[ File System ] Make sure it is at [ FAT 32 ] Click on START ?? Wait a few seconds , you are Done:respect-055:

ramjet
29-01-2011, 04:02 PM
formatting a device in windows goes back to basics and windows 95 from 1995 ;)

look here _http://www.helpwithpcs.com/tipsandtricks/formatting-floppy-disk-win-xp.htm

and here _http://www.ehow.com/how_2006214_format-flash-drive.html

just choose the usb stick instead of the floppy disk drive , and make sure you use fat32 and not fat16 known as fat

if you do format the stick you will lose anything on it , so back up to your pc first , and if its already fat32 then its fine so leave it alone

ucas is the internal patch ( no net needed ) and is in accessory / key edit , 3rd option down and should be turned to ON , and reset key data is second one down and will clear the keys ready for a new softcam to be loaded in from usb stick

the patch is the 20/01/2011 darkman patch and you have been quoting that and the patch tutorial guide , but I suspect you are actually trying to load the softcam file which is a different set of instructions and is much simpler too

maggie
29-01-2011, 04:30 PM
cheers boys, you are all so helpful! i think i'm getting there slowly may be one day i will understand it all perfectly, i have only had this just over a week, so its early days yet. thanks again fellas
maggie

Satcat
29-01-2011, 06:13 PM
It is recommended that you format memory stick in spiderbox (not on computer)In USB menu simply press yellow button, but as ramjet said, save what you want to keep on memory stick to computer, as formating will delete all you have on it.

markinstien
29-01-2011, 08:43 PM
"It is recommended that you format memory stick in spiderbox (not on computer)In USB menu simply press yellow button, but as ramjet said, save what you want to keep on memory stick to computer, as formating will delete all you have on it." :iagree:

Spiderbox will more readily see Mem stick (and S/W updates on them) formatted by itself than on PC.

maggie
29-01-2011, 09:15 PM
cheers, this is really good info for me, formatted the mem.stick now, cheers all
maggie

minx
01-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Very useful thread here but may I just add that saving the channel data so that you can restore it after loading patch and doing a factory reset may not work if, like me, you use a V Box to move your dish.

After spending ages pruning the channel lists on all my receivable satellites, I backed the channel data onto my USB pen drive. I then loaded the Magic patch, did a factory reset, turned the service+ etc on again and uploaded the saved channel data from pen drive to the receiver. Result? no satellite lists. As the dish had been left on 13 east, I was able to scan that satellite but of course I'll need to edit that channel and also start from scratch finding and scanning the other sats.

If some of the patches wont work unless you perform factory restore, then until i get a new motor and ditch the V box, then I'll manage without the patch.