PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the STC 6000?

joshjess
30-01-2011, 08:44 PM
As the title says has anyone got the Icecrypt STC6000? I would be interested in hearing views on this receiver compared to the S4000 and against the equivilent Octagon receivers?

geoffh
06-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Hi,
Had one of these for about 2 weeks now. Great sd and hd pictures and great on screen graphics. Having a few problems with the freeview epg, the hd channels come up with rubbish for program information, I guess its a sofware update, any body else have this problem?. I don't know yet how to use the receiver linux capabilities, cs and so on so any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Geoff

knugen
11-02-2011, 08:37 PM
The 6000 are pretty much the same as the 4000 ..only with more functions and different design :) ...very large LCD display on the box, surfing the net works like a charm (webzeal browser) also got report that it works with wireless usb keyboard/mouse, havent tested myself yet. Youtube function also works flawless...

Plugin setup etc, just the same as with the 4000 model.

--
knugen

ManikM
12-02-2011, 02:30 AM
6000 or 1028? wyhats the diff?

geoffh
12-02-2011, 04:12 PM
As far as I know there is no diffrerence between 6000 or 1028. But there is a big difference between the 4000 and 6000. The latest sti chipset giving amazing picture quality, Wi Fi connectivity, flexable tuner choice (freeview T2). There are probably other improvements as well but being new to this I am on a very steep learning curve.
On that note I would appreciate some help realising this stb's full potential, so pointers to various threads for the different plugins would be great. I have Mcas up and running but would like to go further. What does coconut, auto update and samba do?How do I get into cs?.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Geoff