PDA

View Full Version : DCC or?

Zipper
02-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Can DM8000 work under windows 7 properly? it can login and such no problem but when i switch too the directory under win 7 it locks up!.:confused:

Can anyone recommend a ftp programme and how to setup for connection to DM8000 such as total commander thankyou.:D

Best Regards.

sonic1
02-02-2011, 09:59 PM
I have the same problems with w7
Use Winscp and putty :respect-055:
Both are 100% free.

passete
02-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Try to Disable Windows7 Firewall and test again !

If Ok, Just add a Rule for Dcc on Win7 Firewall, and turn On again .

oldfart
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
I use telnet and FireFTP (addon for firefox)

Zipper
03-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Great thanks for the help, but what to use as login+pass the same as dcc?.

Best Regards.

Detlef
03-02-2011, 01:01 AM

Best Regards.

The login and pass belong to the DB so if DCC was able to login then FTP and Telnet should as well.

The problem with Win 7 is Folder ownership. If it freezes when you explore folders on the PC then it is probably an ownership fault.

First try running DCC as administrator - rt click on DCC.exe (or its shortcut) and the option is there.

If that doesn't work create a folder at the root C:\ (on the PC) and take ownership of it (forgotten how but there is a quick fix to add that to a rt click). Then put all your DB stuff in there.

Barney
03-02-2011, 01:17 AM

Best Regards.As above poster says you'll require admin status login to open DCC program once youve done that then open DCC and put login as =>
user = root
passwd = dreambox

then reconnect TaB below pic of PC which should show "Network ok" message .
then you have access to dreambox to FTP files .
------
Barneycarlton

Zipper
03-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Great thanks guy's the administrator trick worked a treat many thanks.:respect-037:

Best Regards.