PDA

View Full Version : Icecrypt stc 6000 Freeview epg

geoffh
07-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi everyone,
I have just aquired one of these receivers and very pleased with the picture quality in sd and hd. The receiver has the latest firmware installed 1.08.78 but I seem to have an issue with the T2 freeview epg on the hd channels (only) in so much that the program information comes up in gobbeldyguke, does anybody else have this problem? In addition sometimes a recorded program will not fully clear (deleat) from the hard drive, the only way I can deleat it is to format the drive, any ideas?
Lastly this is my first receiver with Linux capabilty, therefor new to what can be done with it. Any help or guidence would be much appreciated.
Cheers Geoff:bowing-036:

breezy2011
19-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi Geoff,

Have the same issue, I know they are working on the problem, there is a firmware update here too, however it will not cure your epg issue on Freeview HD yet.

regards,

Breezy2011

geoffh
19-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi Breezy,
Good to have a respone from somebody I was beginning to think I was the only one with this box.I am living with the problem by using the open 7 day epg on 28 Deg east it works very well with the HD channels. Do you know much about this box? more specifically c/s set up and useage? By the way I have found that if you do a timer recording on the freeview HD channels you will have a problem deleting the files from the hard drive, it doesn't recognise the gobbeldyguke so you have to do a format of the Hard drive to properly delete them.
Apart from this freeview issue its a great stb.
Whats the firmware update for?
Geoff

echelon
20-06-2011, 07:59 AM
I dont know this box , but if its like the 4000 then you can ftp into the hdd over the lan and tidy up files that way ( flash fxp or filezilla or cuteftp etc )

I am also under the impression it uses similar cs and/or the same plugins as the 4000 and so I also assume you would do cs in the same way with the same file formats

your thread was also in the firmware section so its no wonder its been overlooked as it was not in the chat forum , so I have moved it

breezy2011
21-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi Geoffh, To be honest I have only had my box a few days, but I was aware of the epg issue prior to getting my box, re c/s I dont go there, scares the life out of me lol, just happy with getting the odd chan via my old Diablo.

The new update irons out a few bugs etc, also allows you to download and use the new web browser.

Regards, Breezy2011

ColdAsICE
22-06-2011, 01:45 PM
New firmware for the Icecrypt STC6000HDPVR now available from a download area near you.;)
Please give it a go and let me know what you think and of course any problems and bugs found.

geoffh
28-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi Guys, sorry for not getting back sooner but just come back from hols in Madeira (wonderful).
Breezy,
I feel the same about c/s but will give it a go when I feel more confident and knowledgeable about the risks and benefits. At the moment I am making do with Mcas and coconut for my channels. Mcas opens Bulsat on 39 east and if you purchase a white sly card for the freesat from sly package you can open channel 5 HD, coconut opens Biss encrypted channels, the best one for me because it opens Premier League TV on 10 east in High def better than sly. So at the moment a happy bunny but I do want to learn all about c/s so any helpers out there would be great.
Echelon,
Thanks for putting me right on where the thread should be. From what I understand so far the 6000 accepts most ofl the plugins that are for the 4000 what I don't yet understand is how to configure the stb and appropriate plugin for c/s work. My experience to date is with Mcas, Coconut, Gama cards and Diablo Cam. That said I haven't updated Coconut with any new keys yet

reboot
29-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi Geoff, try the plugin I have just posted in the plugin section. It should run on your STC6000 with V1.09.20.

geoffh
30-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi Reboot, can confirm Mcas now working and ok with sly card. I cannot open PLtv on 10 east (Biss encrypted) could with the old Mcas/coconut has there been a key update for that channell

echelon
30-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Hi Reboot, can confirm Mcas now working and ok with sly card. I cannot open PLtv on 10 east (Biss encrypted) could with the old Mcas/coconut has there been a key update for that channell

that channel changed from fta back to biss encryption recently , and the new BISS key is not known as yet

geoffh
30-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks echelon, lets hope we get the key befor the new season then

reboot
30-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks Geoff for confirming Sly Card is functioning with the Mcas.